Forums » The Lounge

Getting To Know You - Vol. 1 - The Basics

• 694 posts
    May 10, 2016 1:42 PM EDT

You can call me Skippy then.  But just you. 

• 136 posts
    May 10, 2016 1:45 PM EDT

I was about to post the same thing! 

• 1441 posts
    May 10, 2016 1:47 PM EDT

So what will part 2 be about?

• 248 posts
    May 10, 2016 1:47 PM EDT

I appreciate everyone's openness. Here's a little bit about me.

About You Off-Site:

1. What's your name?  Scott
    2. Where are you from? Rural NY state
    3. Where do you currently live? San Francisco
    4. Do you work? If so, where? I'm a Doctor of Chiropractic, I have my own practice.
    5. How old are you? Thirtysomething
    6. What do you look like? (bonus points for uploading a picture) Check the selfie thread. It's like a treasure hunt!
    7. How tall are you? 6' 1" (185 cm)
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself? Encourager, committed, driven, adventurous, healthy
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? Health (nutrition, fitness, positive attitude), weight lifting, hiking, Mt. biking, golf etc. Basically anything active. 
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they? Harper, border collie mix, best dog ever (see selfie pic)

About You On-Site:

1. What significance does your username have? It's a mashup of my full name, used since high school. I'm Motty and I've got Skills. :)
    2. What brought you here? Searching for new ways to play Skyrim.
    3. How long have you been a member? 1 yr
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? Not long. I saw the creative content of Skyrim builds. They blew my mind. I wanted in and joined quickly. 
    5. Why do you keep coming back? (Seriously, we've been trying to keep you away but you just. keep. coming. back.) Lately, Fallout 4. Character building, contests, events T & T.
    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault? Seeing the creativity of others and when people encourage, support and help.
    7. Least favorite? Criticism without offering to help, defensiveness & when things are taken a little too seriously
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? Pretty much exclusively hanging around Fallout groups these days. 
    9. Have you ever posted original content? Yes, 6 Skyrim builds, 4 Fallout 4 builds (and counting) and plenty of chatter, especially now as Fallout 4 CB host. 
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault? Thankful to those who have reached out, there's lots of good people here from all walks of life, united by gaming passion. It's pretty cool if you ask me.
    • 694 posts
    May 10, 2016 1:52 PM EDT

Oh you two are just so clever. 

• 136 posts
    May 10, 2016 1:54 PM EDT

To be fair, witty and sarcastic are two of the five words I used to describe myself.  You should've seen it coming!

• 136 posts
    May 10, 2016 2:28 PM EDT

I should probably add to #9 in the first section that I go to the beach . . . a lot! I love the surf, waves, sounds, the salt air . . .pretty much everything about it.

• 457 posts
    May 10, 2016 2:28 PM EDT

Sorry, man... I couldn't resist xD

• 367 posts
    May 10, 2016 2:48 PM EDT

About You Off-Site:

1. What's your name?   Derek AKA Sotek
    2. Where are you from? Portsmouth, Hampshire
    3. Where do you currently live?   Southampton Hampshire
    4. Do you work? If so, where?   Southampton office block
    5. How old are you?  40+
    6. What do you look like? (bonus points for uploading a picture)
    7. How tall are you? 5ft 8
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself?   I'll leave this open for other people to describe me.
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies?   Aela (Wife) she’s the only hobby I need. Our/My story. U.O.T.W.
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they?  A small cat called Smudge. A German Sheppard named Suzzi and a small dog type thing called Avril .

About You On-Site:

1. What significance does your username have?    Lots. Sotek was the name of my Skink Shaman in Warhammer many many years ago. I used Sotek ever since. Sotek has a high level of importance to my wife Aela as well.
    2. What brought you here?   Stories.
    3. How long have you been a member?   April 2014
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join?   Hmmm  I joined straight away but I didn't really start posting content until March 2015. When I joined I was after somewhere where I could receive feedback on my story to help me develop my skills as a Fan Fic writer.
    5. Why do you keep coming back? (Seriously, we've been trying to keep you away but you just. keep. coming. back.)    My pack members, the pack community.
    6. What's your favourite thing about the Vault?    Being a part of it. Sounds lame but it's true. I love being a host in The Story Corner, watching other members skills develop and see their work progress. Not just in The Story Corner but all over the site. Prime example is Plunders. She has now two builds and you can see she tries with them and the help from the community is great. The site is like that all over.                                Being able to howl at members, that I never grow tired of.
    7.  Least favourite?  People leaving a comment saying they really enjoyed the piece of work then they don't leave a like?
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? Group? Oh you mean territories like The Story Corner and CB. (It's a wolf thing) I generally stay within my own borders but I do have a wander in various other territories.
    9. Have you ever posted original content?   Absolutely. My Build. My story. A single Lore article.
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault?   Friends? Not one..... Pack Members, lots. Lissette, Shy, Meli, Tae, Ben, Skippy Edana, I actually feel somewhat hesitant to mention anyone because it's impractical to say them all.
    • 694 posts
    May 10, 2016 3:35 PM EDT

Hey now! I see that.

You also forgot to mention RP!! That Sotek profile is fantastic! Great way to get a snapshot of his character and the world he lives in. 

• 77 posts
    May 10, 2016 4:11 PM EDT

Also don't forget the Art group, you have an amazing style and a fantastic collection of pictures :-)

• 203 posts
    May 10, 2016 5:49 PM EDT

About me off site:

1. While some of you already know it, there is a reason why I go by the name of Teineeva online. And that's all you'll ever get to know

2. I was born in Venezuela, lived in both the Netherlands and France.

3. I live in the Netherlands right now. Mostly because I had acces to better universities here, because to be honest I would rather go back to living in the middle of a forest again. Cities are not my thing.

4. I study normally but I work at my parents' place every summer. If you guys ever want to get on a Holiday to the beautiful French Dordogne, give me a call. I'll hook you up

5. 19

6. I'm a student of slender build, but who obviously has been hitting the unhealthier foods since he started studying. My hair is Brown but could very well grow darker, I have a beard when I'm lazy. I have Grey-blue eyes and nothing (absolutely nothing) in my face is symmetrical, even if the différences can be really small.

I already have a picture uploaded in the selfie thread. So you can go look for it there.

7. No clue, I guess about 1m80.

8. Indecisive, Hermit, Nature-Nerd, Realistic, Dreamer.

9. Writing, Archery, Walking, and I used to do a lot of horse-riding once upon a time.

10. I haven't got any pets in the Netherlands but my parents have a small petting zoo basicly. We've got two large dogs, two donkeys, three (+- 6) goats, two cats, one fat cat, three bunnies, three guinea pigs, a whole lot of fish and ... I think I've got everything. Regardless, I love animals.

About me on site:

1. I used it for an MMO I once played, it was supposed to be taken directly from an argonian assassin from Oblivion (Teinaava), however I spelled it wrong. Funny thing is, I wasn't the only one, so now there is an erotic fanfic out there about an argonian assassin called Teineeva ...

2. I think the first time I came to this site was for the builds, I had been lurking at a french community for a while but it had slowly died off so I searched the internet and ended up here.

3. Just a bit over a year. Since the first days of April 2015 when I posted my first build on the site.

4. I didn't lurk very actively to be honest, I had a quick look around when I first found the site, enjoyed what I saw and bookmarked it for further reference. I must have come back a few days before I actually joined, fuelled by a desire for sharing.

5. That is a very good question, believe me or not I've tried getting away from the site myself but it just won't let me alone... No in all seriousness, the likeminded people I found here.

6. The people

7. The unsatiable hunger of the great AlduNing...

8. I am currently based in the story corner, but have lurked or actively joined a lot of the other groups and hop ariound every now and then.

9. I certainly tried. Have a gander at my page if you want more détails.

10. Well... As most of you tend to just be names and profile pictures with a personnality to me (that's how my brain works, sorry) I sometimes forget there are actual people on the other side of the connection. And yes, I think that there are certainly some that I would call friends.

• 54 posts
    May 10, 2016 6:02 PM EDT

Heyy, I'm on here!  

• 557 posts
    May 10, 2016 6:03 PM EDT

I always love finding other people who have a lot of pets 

• 54 posts
    May 10, 2016 6:03 PM EDT

Errotic fanfiction about... Excuse me?

Also,  I'm game for a holiday. Hook me up! :P

• 622 posts
    May 10, 2016 6:08 PM EDT

The Kangaroo? 

• 558 posts
    May 10, 2016 6:10 PM EDT
    Nice try, NSA.
    • 96 posts
    May 10, 2016 6:14 PM EDT
    Oh really? Tell us about your 'precious', then. :P
    • 367 posts
    May 10, 2016 6:23 PM EDT

Oh Hircine you caught me. Sorry Ski... Edana. And the Art group, (Thanks Meli). All over really. Even the Photo's.

• 203 posts
    May 10, 2016 6:30 PM EDT

Yeah you read that right, shortly after I started using the name a friend of mine googled it and he found an erotic fanfiction with the name...

I'll send you a pm with the address if you're still interested in the Holiday, because it won't be free. My parents still have to make a living and stuff (stuff includes helping me pay for my studies).

• 203 posts
    May 10, 2016 6:43 PM EDT

So do I, pets are great.

• 54 posts
    May 10, 2016 8:09 PM EDT

I was kidding  Can't afford a holiday anyway 

• 694 posts
    May 10, 2016 8:41 PM EDT

Haha, the what now? That an Aussie thing? Sorry Tae, you'll have to educate me. 

• 622 posts
    May 10, 2016 9:54 PM EDT
    • 63 posts
    May 10, 2016 11:25 PM EDT

Off-site

1. My name is Hayden

2. I was raised in Tennessee, USA. I wasn't born there, but all the important years were spent there.

3. I currently live in Arkansas, USA.

4. I do work, for the the corporate machine known only as Sam's Club. I work as an Electronics Associate.

5. Currently I am 20, but will turn 21 on the 20th of Midyear.

6. I'd rather not upload an exact picture. I have dark brown hair, and a husky (not fat, but not muscular) build. The Metal gods called me to grow my hair out, so i am obeying their command. Right now its almost shoulder length, and VERY poofy.

7. I'm right at 6 feet (1.82 meters). My weight usually fluctuates around 190lbs (86 kg).

8. A slave to my hobbies.

9. I'm a huge fan of music exploration, especially metal music. I also enjoy electronic music, like eurobeat or dungeon synth. I am also an avid fan of Anime. For gaming though, i mostly play Pokemon, not elder scrolls.

10. I now only have 1 cat, named Winry. But we call her Meep, cuz she chirps like a bird.

In return for not uploading a pic of myself, here's the cat you're all dying to see. bask in her fluff. XD

ON-SITE

1. My username is my main khajiit's (Link) dragon name given for slaying alduin. It means: Krill(brave) Kaaz(cat/khajiit) and Zoor (Legend). Krilkaazzoor. Get it?

2. i can't really remember how i found the blog, but i think i was searching for khajiit lore, and somehow wound up on Tae-rai's page.

3.Ive been a member Since about the Fall of 2013.

4. I didn't really lurk on the site, i joined pretty quick. It's my first blog too!

5. I really enjoy the friendly community here, and i enjoy chatting with said community most of all. 

6-7. TBH, i'm not a huge fan on how it's now its the "vault". It will always be the blog to me. but thats just my two cents. my favorite thing bout the blog is what keeps me coming back, and i've already stated that.

8. i mostly stay in the art (screenshot) and storytelling groups, but i might get into builds eventually. 

9. I've never post original content on the blog, but i'm working on character profiles, and i hope to eventually upload a story about my khajiits.

10. Ive made many friends on the blog. some active, some not. all important.

Well thanks for hearing this lout out. peace.