Forums » Elder Scrolls

What difficulty do you play on?

• 10 posts
    November 20, 2011 3:52 PM EST
    Good idea for a poll. Haven't seen anything on it yet. I've been playing on normal but considering an increase.
    • 3 posts
    November 20, 2011 7:59 PM EST

i was playing on adept and i gone till 44 lvl and its too easy as i see so i will change it on more difficult and start from begining after my buggs going to be fixed. its more interesting to play when theres challenge for you and you need to think which one do you need to attack.archers or a guy running with sword cos at the moment i get 15-30 riften's guards on myself and killing them without any health or magicka potions and thats just too easy....you are supposed to be afraid of guards and not level ur archery and other skills with them haha

• 4 posts
    November 20, 2011 8:28 PM EST

I play adept difficulty, but I'm only at level 20.  I still have to be careful about some of my fights, but I usually overcome without using potions.  I agree.  I love to constantly be challenged, but at the same time, since you are at level 44 and supposed to be dragonborn and all, I guess guards should not pose much a threat.  I mean if you have the ability to take down Alduin then some ole guards should be a walk in the park.  But yeah, I will try the next difficulty eventually myself.

• 3 posts
    November 21, 2011 1:39 PM EST

Honestly I never play below medium and in Skyrim I play on Master difficulty. For me playing a stealthy character if I accidentally get seen in a room full of jacked up legionaries just wanting to kill me....then I should die, no doubt about it.

I play with complete stealth and if there's more than 3 enemies it's pretty much certain I'll die, which honestly is how I like it, if you can take out 15-20 guards no problem then where's the fun in the game?

• 12 posts
    November 21, 2011 3:48 PM EST

I play on Novice for now, then I'll ramp up later.

But looks like the joke's on me..I'm level 30 and am getting owned by Ancient Dragons....

• 773 posts
    November 21, 2011 4:18 PM EST

Good idea, I'll make this a poll tomorrow 

• 3 posts
    November 21, 2011 4:32 PM EST

alex u right,thats how i wanna play,but it all depends on items u have....begining is always hard on adept but later on when you get good items its just too easy to fight....u just inspired me to go and play skyrim lmao but my character is bugged,nothing i can do...and kenzan,bring ur items to blacksmith,fix them and its gonna be different game.

• 15 posts
    November 23, 2011 1:04 PM EST

I agree.  I played on the default difficulty for about 15 hours (level 15 or so), then restarted on hardest difficulty.  Been more challenging since then :)

• 12 posts
    November 23, 2011 1:11 PM EST

My style is to play on Novice until I get the hang of the game and learn the mechanics.

I don't want to be doing that in the middle of a big fight.

Then later, I ramp it up. One of my biggest issues with master level on Oblivion was that even MudCrab fights were epic, drawn -out battles until  you gain at least level 15.

So I'm looking forward to that after I have had my fill on Novice.

• 3 posts
    December 1, 2011 8:43 AM EST

after new patch came out i started to play on master difficulty and i can say its easy lol :D all my saved money im spending on training fighting skills on npc's. only one thing is annoying sometimes when i enter a dungeon or something and i found a leader of a gang and if hes with with double handed weapon i die in 1 hit lol :D not doing main quest,becouse trying to avoid dragons becouse i dont have good archery level and good bow to make that dragon to come down on the ground but i will do it soon.my level is 12 and im really enjoying the game now :) i wish there would be even harder difficulty,one that u get challenged when wolves attacks you in the forests lol :D

• 3 posts
    December 1, 2011 9:43 AM EST

I originally set the difficulty to expert, simply because the earlier a game becomes challenging the longer the hours you're gonna spend on it.

However my early confidence was shattered to pieces when I reached the 30-40 level bracket, where the leveled mobs updated themselves to "evil deadly badass" mobs and were simply too much of a challenge and I found myself burning all my potions, magic and endurance ( my character is  a spell thief-assassin) within the first few fights of a dungeon. Shamefully I had to go down to apprentice and novice the occasional mess-up/ unexpectedly hard to kill foresworn ravager (which i still don't get).

However after entering into the 40s, everything went too easy and reverted back to expert. By level 50, it had to be master...and now I freshly turned level 70 last night =D I'm seriously contemplating getting married to a farmer, leave all of my boss gear at her house, grab a hide armor on my way out and join the legion (haven't done the civil war and it's my last big questline in Skyrim that I haven't done yet).

Since I have only really focused on one handed and archery for the warrior tree, I'll be able to get a real challenge on Master, with 30-50 skill sets for block, heavy armor, etc... Imagonnabeasoldiaaaaa ! xD

But yeah, was pretty pleased with the difficulty settings as a all. I was expecting having to turn it to master by the end levels anyway, but was a bit taken aback by how high the difficulty steps up when you pass from a certain level to another ( as I said before, I passed from throat slicing and murdering my paralyzed victims like a boss at level 32 to run like a maniac through a dungeon in desperate search of potions and/or places to hide at level 33). But all in all, good fun.

• 2 posts
    December 1, 2011 10:47 AM EST

My melee character plays at expert (I find melee combat far more easy than ranged). But my stealthy ranger plays at adept usually, I'm considering turning that up, too, though.

• 7 posts
    December 1, 2011 7:05 PM EST

I started with the default, but now I'm on master. The game was getting too easy as I grew stronger. Even on master it only takes a few strikes to kill a dragon. My backstab with a dagger will 1 shot anything in the game.