Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's your scariest moment in Skyrim, when you were barely livi

• 4 posts
    April 9, 2012 2:15 AM EDT

Mine's was today. ARGH! Chased by 1 blood dragon (fire), 1 frost dragon, 2 mudcrabs, 1 cave bear, 1 wolf, 6 vampires and 1 slaughterfish. ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Woah! I ran away, but they freakin chased me. I ran over a mountain, through a river and into a forest. Finally from a distance I saw.... WHITERUN!! Ran to the city. The others still chased me.... waaaa! Until I was safe inside the city.

Just wanted to hear experiences from other people. What was your scariest moment?

• 41 posts
    April 9, 2012 6:30 AM EDT

SPOILERS!!!!     SPOLIERS!!!!!!        SPOLIERS!!!!!

Mine was during the dark brotherhood when I had to kill Guias Maro. I decided to kill him in solitude, big mistake. I had the whole imperial army and all the solitude guard after me. If i wasnt really scared I would have been laughing because it was just me running through solitude towards to gate with loads of people after me. I just managed to escape and jump on to shadomere and run away. Im still scared to go back to solitude. 

• 98 posts
    April 9, 2012 7:57 AM EDT
    I had low health and was being chased by a blood dragon when I ran into shearpoint, I barely had any health left so I summoned two daedra and called ohdaviing and one epic battle later ran into a giant's camp at the bottom of the mountain.
    • 17 posts
    December 13, 2013 5:03 PM EST

Sorry to dig this old thread out lads...

I was roleplaying a simple warrior style character, and traveled through the marches south of Solitude. At some point I had to cross a river to continue my journey towards the city, so I took my armour off and swam through the cold water. On the other side I just put some regular wool clothes on, as the city gates weren't too far away.

On my way upwards a random encounter with  vampires and death hounds kicked in. I had no time to get my sword out of my bag, so I drew my dagger and fought alongside the guards against the undead. They were however soon killed without much effort, so I ran down to the harbour, got my longsword and bow and started shooting them from afar. With the help of the other guards there I managed to kill off all vampires, with nearly no health left, all guards dead beside me and slowly freezing to death as I only were simple clothes.

Barely gotten away with my life, I visited the Inn and drank some mead to celebrate that I was still alive. With the loot I collected from the vampires, I managed to buy some decent clothes in the shop next door.

A really outstanding encounter which I still remember as if it happened yesterday. :X

• 45 posts
    December 13, 2013 8:38 PM EST

Yeah, Solitude... When I killed Vittoria Vici, it was a bloodfest.

• December 13, 2013 9:36 PM EST

Back when I first got Skyrim I was playing a Bosmer archer when I stumbled across Lost Valley Redoubt. I snuck past the Forsworn to the Word Wall, where I attempted to sneak attack the Hag Ravens.

It didn't go so well.

I ended up running out across the bridge to Bards Leap Summit with an angry Briarheart chasing me and fireballs going off willy-nilly. Off the waterfall I went, into the pool below. Of course, this ruckus has stirred up the Forsworn I had snuck past earlier, and so they start firing arrows and taking up the chase.

Completely disregarding the ghost, I took off down the aquaduct to the left at a sprint, downing stamina potions to keep it up.

Finally I slid down the cliff and swam down the river.

Then I took a moment to admire my badass escape.

• 116 posts
    December 13, 2013 9:55 PM EST
    I can't remember his name, but that a-hole of a bandit on your way to high Hrothgar. He tricks you to cross the bridge with him then his friends ambush you. Damn I was such a low level the first time I encountered him. Haha you can bet I ran my ass off with all of them in hot pursuit. Still one of my most vivid memories playing Skyrim.
  • December 13, 2013 9:57 PM EST

When you're walking through a pitch black dwarven ruin and out of the darkness flies a Falmer screaming its head off

• 185 posts
    December 13, 2013 10:06 PM EST

²

• December 13, 2013 10:17 PM EST

What?

• 185 posts
    December 13, 2013 10:50 PM EST

It means that my commentary is the same as yours.

• 130 posts
    December 13, 2013 10:59 PM EST

I remember when I had Frostfall installed and I ran off the edge of High Hrothgar and ended up in a lake near Solitude. It was freezing cold and I had nothing with which to warm me up and I was slowly freezing to death. I was sprinting towards Solitude as my vision got icier and icier and i was about to die just as I made it inside and to the nearest fire. While I warmed myself there I sat back and relaxed. And then a dragon came down and almost killed me with fire.

• 185 posts
    December 13, 2013 11:22 PM EST

He was just trying to help...

• 130 posts
    December 13, 2013 11:23 PM EST

Hahaha lol. Never thought of it like that. I'M SORRY I MURDERED YOU BROTHER!

• December 13, 2013 11:28 PM EST

oh. 

• 34 posts
    December 14, 2013 2:15 AM EST

Okay so the Dawnguard vampire attacks? Usually aren't that bad. Except I had a group of them following me, throwing spells, when I run into a Forsworn camp. Okay, no worries, maybe they'll fight each other. 

NOPE. 

So vampires, Forsworn... and then a legendary dragon. OF COURSE. THINGS JUST CAN'T GET ANY WORSE. CAN THEY? 

Hired thugs. 

I died very quickly.

• 12 posts
    December 14, 2013 4:50 AM EST

Oi, for my experience I think 'twas during my first play-though on legendary difficulty. I was on my way to dawnstar from whiterun at an area before the dew turned to snow and I happened by some traveling bandits. I knew the drill: one bandit chief, 3-4 lackeys; Take out the lackys, then the chief and well I've some good things to sell when I get to dawnstar. However to my misfortune there was only 1 regular bandit and not 1 not 2 but 3 bandit chiefs. I retreaded quickly as by time I took out two of the chiefs my quiver was empty (Was a bow only build.) Running back towards halted stream camp (Devines know why) I was grieved to see that the NPC had respawned at the camp, and there were (Devines know why) 2 giant frostbite spiders in the not to far distance fighting it out. My death was quick however, I took an arrow to the neck whilst admiring the pure bizarrity of the situation. 

• 185 posts
    December 14, 2013 12:50 PM EST

3 Werebears attack me in solstheim.

At the same time.

On Master.

• 61 posts
    December 17, 2013 5:42 PM EST
    In Saarthal at level 57 cowering behind a pillar in a corridor with a Draugr thingy-lord looking for me at the end in dragonscale armour wondering "Why the f*ck can't I kill it?!". The answer to that question was my friend setting it to Legendary and getting my character to contract rockjoint as well as selling my weapons, running through Saarthal and giving the controller back to me.
    • 1483 posts
    December 17, 2013 5:46 PM EST

LOL  To be honest he was the scariest fight for me as well, but because I was level 4 apprentice, knowing only a few Novice destruction spells and a ward. It was the toughest fight for me ever, especially since I was on Legendary from the start! 

• 641 posts
    December 17, 2013 5:57 PM EST

The very first time I went to meet the Greybeards and that fros troll jumped me, I ran away hysterical and ended up falling off the cliff and killing my self.

• 158 posts
    December 18, 2013 1:39 AM EST
    Oh, man. Playing a Nord Stormcloak ranger with no fast travel, no map and no restoration, maybe level 15 with low AC light armor, I ran out of healing potions after getting mauled by bears in Honeystrand Cave. I naively thought I could make it to Riften, but I then stumbled into the bandits at Bthalft, and from there into the Rift Imperial Camp, where I tried to kill the Legate for 20 minutes before realizing he was essential. Then I got mauled by two more bears before stumbling into Autumnwatch and fighting not one, but two dragons, and then TWO MORE bears and a giant outside of Largashbur. I did finally manage to make it to Riften without dying, evading the necromancers and vampires near the standing stone, but there was a lot of hollering at the screen before it was all over.
    • 75 posts
    December 19, 2013 11:07 PM EST

This just happened today I was playing the Infiltrator and decided hey I'll give this Old Orc the death he deserves. After proceeding to do the dialogue he power attacks me but I step back and his axe probably just grazed by foot and I was on a sliver of health. I started screaming, chugging health potions like mad and spamming Mouse 1 (Attack Button), I did manage to kill him though.

• 1 posts
    December 20, 2013 1:08 AM EST

i remember when I first started playing, I was like a level 6 I think and I decided to go caving, little did I know I would be facing two trolls! the battle was epic! almost 15 minutes long but I beat them both..just barely! 

• 69 posts
    December 20, 2013 1:24 AM EST

Once i got attacked by a mudcrab.