Forums » Fallout

Fallout 4 Patch 1.5: Survival Mode, Mods

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 29, 2016 2:39 PM EDT

After the beta tests made available to PC players through the Steam platform, we now have a solid release: patch 1.5 is now available to download in Steam, and will be available to consoles next week. It is bringing the Survival Mode difficulty, which was revamped after feedback gathered from the Steam beta, but I haven't had the chance to play it yet so I can't say what's changed.

The update also brings support to the Far Harbor DLC, which leads me to think we'll be getting it early on May. Also on May, Bethesda is planning to release a beta for mod support on the Xbox One, followed by a release on that platform and, in June, mod support will be coming to PS4 users.  Have you seen what the CK is bringing to PC and how mods will also work on consoles?

Check out the changes below, and don't forget to share and speculate if something has caught your eye!

Fallout 4 1.5 Steam Update (1.5.157)

New Features

• New Survival difficulty
    • Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
    • Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
    • Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects

Fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
    • Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
    • Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
    • Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
    • Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
    • Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
    • Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
    • In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
    • Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
    • While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
    • Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
    • During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
    • Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
    • Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
    • Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 29, 2016 2:42 PM EDT

Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors

No need for humans anymore.

• 773 posts
    April 29, 2016 5:12 PM EDT
    Can't wait to get mods on PS4
    • 1441 posts
    April 29, 2016 5:37 PM EDT

Same her Paulerino

• 700 posts
    April 29, 2016 5:58 PM EDT

Yesssss. Survival is finally here. And as someone who has recently been enjoying the hell out of third person, this:

Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects

is my favorite fix from this list. 

• 1441 posts
    April 29, 2016 6:13 PM EDT

Whoo!

• 179 posts
    April 29, 2016 7:45 PM EDT

For me, as someone who isn't a huge settlement building fan but gets rather obsessive over the little details of it, this:

Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly

is my favorite fix from the list.

• 700 posts
    April 29, 2016 7:57 PM EDT
    Yeah, I feel ya there. That would bug the hell of out me if I ever got beyond building rustic drug shacks. All that fancy eelektrisitee just ain't my style.
    • 179 posts
    April 29, 2016 11:50 PM EDT

Hah, it's not mine either but due to my lighting mods The Castle gets really dark in places that don't have functioning lights. I already have a mod that fixes it, but it's nice that the official patch addressed this.