• 649 posts
    May 23, 2016 1:47 PM EDT

Some House should use it as their words. "Hold the door."

• 1441 posts
    May 23, 2016 1:48 PM EDT

House Edd´s House words: ¨Hold the Door¨

• 649 posts
    May 23, 2016 1:49 PM EDT

You mean Doctor House´s words: Hold the door? 

• 161 posts
    May 23, 2016 6:24 PM EDT

I really thought they were gonna reveal That Jon Snow is Ned Stark's nephew with the Targaryen (Forgot the name XD) but They revealed Hodor (HOLD THE DOOR!) So I was kinda satisfied.

• 1441 posts
    May 23, 2016 6:39 PM EDT

Bran must be devestated at what he unknowingly did to Hodor

• 47 posts
    May 23, 2016 6:56 PM EDT
    Hold the door.. ; (
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 23, 2016 10:06 PM EDT
    Guys, I think that with all this talk and some new fertile land to plant fan theories, we have forgotten the most important thing to happen in the series yet:
    Dolorous Edd is now the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 23, 2016 10:44 PM EDT

No he isn't. I doubt he's even the highest ranking man there. His authority is granted by his men. There will have to be a new election to select the next Lord Commander.

• 161 posts
    May 25, 2016 12:37 AM EDT

Yeahhh ikr like he had so much potential being that strong and big under Ned but he served a better purpose. 

• 161 posts
    May 25, 2016 12:39 AM EDT

Oh so technically Jon's watch did end. I still think Jon will lead until someone is truly ready to take over. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 25, 2016 5:59 AM EDT

There's been a long history of debate on ASoIaF forums whether Jon's death frees him from his vows.

The vow:

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

I bolded the lines that are relevant.

• 161 posts
    May 25, 2016 10:53 AM EDT

It is very binding...

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 25, 2016 4:14 PM EDT

It's the show, Tom, they don't go that deep. 

We likely won't be seeing the Wall for quite some time.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 29, 2016 11:14 PM EDT

[GOT Spoilers S6 E6] Another great episode. This season is bound to become my favorite. Couple of thoughts:

Game of Thrones has the greatest casting team ever. Really. Jonathan Pryce is perfect as the High Sparrow, even though I imagined him younger in the books, as is the lady who plays Lady Olenna. And that Harry Potter dude as Walder Frey? He nails it, everytime. Can't let it pass, too: he wasn't in this episode, but his picture up there remembers me that Ben Crompton is the best Dolorous Edd possible.

Anyway, really liked seeing Frey again, and after all it seems everything will still follow the books' events, just not in the same chronological order.

It turns out Coldhands is Benjen after all. Liked seeing they could pull the same actor back from the first season. And did you guys see Aerys and Jaime? I hope we get a flashback to that day - Wild Fire has been shown again... [Spoilers for A Feast of Crows] Wonder if we'll get a taste of crazy Cersei in the show too, and if in the end she'll burn King's Landing as some speculate.

The big one: loved the new age the High Sparrow announced, that guy rocks. It may be the actors' resemblance, but during Tommen's speech I got a small General Hux vibe.

But what I'm more excited for is next week. They've got Clive Russel back! We are getting so many things book readers dismissed as not being in the show that my hopes for Lady Stoneheart are growing. Only thing missing now is Manderly.

And an asteroid to fall on Dorne.

• 321 posts
    May 29, 2016 11:25 PM EDT

[GOT Spoilers S6 E6] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benjen lives!

I feel kinda disappointed for what Arya did.She had one job, ONE job and she botched it up, AGAIN. Wonder what she would do now that a Faceless Man is coming after her.

This might not be happening but when Cersei said she has the Mountain as her champion in for the Trial-by-combat. I was thinking of Cleganebowl.

Also, I was literally screaming 'You're dead, you're dead, you're dead." at Gilly when she revealed too much information..

One things for certain, they mentioned the Brotherhood Without Banners. (though no mention of hangings so I guess there's no Lady Stoneheart... for now.)

• 1441 posts
    May 30, 2016 12:05 AM EDT
    I always suspected he was
    • 1441 posts
    May 30, 2016 12:24 AM EDT
    I saw the scene. A change from the book backstory, but._._"Hold the door."
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 30, 2016 2:04 AM EDT

It turns out Coldhands is Benjen after all.

We don't know this. The show has merged other characters together already. Jorah and Jon Connington for example.

Book canon reigns supreme over the show. If it isn't in the book, it should be disregarded.

• 113 posts
    May 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT
    Hodor...
    • 649 posts
    May 30, 2016 12:55 PM EDT

Don´t know why, but watching this episode, I felt like nothing really happened there. High Sparrow overplayed everyone else - again. It´s really getting old. I wasn´t really surprised that Margaery changed her cloak and took Tommen with her.

Benjen being Coldhands...weird. How well did he hid his face from Bran in the books when he rescued them near the Wall or where it was? I´m not sure if I´m ready to buy this. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 30, 2016 6:35 PM EDT

I don't think Margaery changed at all. Tommen did, but she is going along with the High Sparrow and Tommen to stay in their good graces to better manipulate the situation. When her and Tommen met in the old sept and she asked Tommen if he saw the High Sparrow for what he really was, I think she was expecting Tommen to say the High Sparrow is a nutcase, but she completely played the situation.

Benjen as Coldhands is dumb. They've merged characters before, as I said earlier. Coldhands was supposed to have been killed "long ago". The course of the books is a few years max.

• 1441 posts
    May 31, 2016 12:33 PM EDT

I think its because of the popular fan belief of how Benjen and Coldhands was the same

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 31, 2016 1:57 PM EDT

IS it popular? I visit a few forums for ASoIaF and Coldhands' identity is a curiosity, and some people do suggest Benjen, but very few people agree. There is no evidence in the book for it. In fact, there's evidence against it as I quoted above.

• 1441 posts
    May 31, 2016 2:27 PM EDT

I would like to see Benjen, but he would probably be a Wight, and not one of the sane ones. Is it ever explained how Coldhands, who seems to show all the symptoms of being a Wight, isn't basically a zombie dancing to the White Walker's tune?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 31, 2016 2:55 PM EDT