Forums » Elder Scrolls

It's Official: TamrielVault and CharacterCrusade are partnering!

• 557 posts
    April 21, 2016 10:39 AM EDT

Hello everyone, it's The Overseer here with an exciting announcement! 

Recently we've been in talks with the good people over at Character Crusade about forming a partnership. I'm very excited to be able to officially announce to you all that we've come to an agreement, and from here on out we'll be partnering with them! They will be producing a wide range of content based off of the builds, stories, and RP profiles that we have here on the Vault (and linking back to it in their videos and podcasts, of course). 

Now I know what some of you will say; things like "Why them?" "Why not one of the YouTubers that we already have?" and "What makes them different?" Well, allow me to provide you with answers to each of those questions:

• "Why them?" When I first heard that they were looking for a partnership, I was skeptical. Usually when we're approached with something like that it has no benefits for the Vault, which isn't really fair to us. However after looking at their content, seeing their fanbase, and looking at how they operate, two things became clear to me. One was that they don't really need to partner with anyone if they don't want to - their content could easily stand well on its own. And the second thing is that they clearly are not in this just to make money (which, unfortunately, is how a lot of YouTubers operate).
    • "Why not one of the YouTubers we have here?" We've tried this before, actually. We had quite a few YouTubers affiliated with us at one point, but all of them fizzled out. We aren't really sure why, but they never really seemed to work out. In addition to that, it seemed like the only people who viewed the videos from Vault-based YouTubers were other Vault members. While we definitely want our members to be watching the videos, we NEED to have outside viewers seeing them. That's where Character Crusade tops our past YouTubers - they have an existing fanbase. 
    • "What makes them different?" I think the previous two answers sum this one up sufficiently 

I'm very excited about seeing the content that the team over at Character Crusade makes for us! I see a very prosperous relationship here, and I hope you all are just as excited about this as I am! 

• 411 posts
    April 21, 2016 10:43 AM EDT
    Well i cant wait to see there new Vault content.
    • 773 posts
    April 21, 2016 10:49 AM EDT

I can confirm that we have already had new members signing up to the Vault who have come from Character Crusade

• 411 posts
    April 21, 2016 10:50 AM EDT
    Awesome!
    • 557 posts
    April 21, 2016 11:00 AM EDT
    We've already had at least three new members because of it (that's in what, two days?).
  • April 21, 2016 11:05 AM EDT

I'll be the first to chime in on behalf of Character Crusade and say, we are definitely humbled by your kind words and welcoming spirit. We have always strove to put character and story first and to try and put out materials that are both thought provoking as well as fun. I for one am very excited! 

• 694 posts
    April 21, 2016 11:07 AM EDT

I agree! CouchWarrior has already posted some really stellar articles, and I'm excited to see what else his folks have in store for us. I love seeing new, engaged members who are just as passionate about these games this lifestyle as us. I'm really looking forward to seeing some new faces around here that will be actively engaged in the thing that interests us most and keeps us coming back day in and day out. 

• 694 posts
    April 21, 2016 11:34 AM EDT

Welcome Joe! It's wonderful to meet other folks who are as invested in the creative process and in game universe as our own community. So I for one am happy to have you guys and look forward to reading what you have to share with us. 

• April 21, 2016 11:40 AM EDT
    Neato. I've been a casual viewer of CouchWarrior for awhile and I've listened to a few Character Crusade podcasts, so I'm pretty happy with this move.

Welcome to the site, guys. Glad to have you.
    • 140 posts
    April 21, 2016 12:21 PM EDT

I can't say I've ever heard of CharacterCrusade before now, but then again I'm not really that big a fan of Videos.

One request I do have; Can we please shorten it's name on the navigation bar/move it somewhere else(Useful Links or perhaps Site Info come to mind)? As it is now, the Forum has been pushed to a second row and the whole thing just looks like a mess.

• 694 posts
    April 21, 2016 12:32 PM EDT

Is Forum showing on the second row for you?? Hm... I'm only seeing one row on mine. Anyone else?

• 557 posts
    April 21, 2016 12:36 PM EDT
    I think it must be his browser. I checked on multiple devices and it's been one bar for me.
    • 1441 posts
    April 21, 2016 12:38 PM EDT

Well, we still have Heroic and PCOutcast. If I could, I would record

• 140 posts
    April 21, 2016 1:10 PM EDT

Here's a screen shot of what it looks like for me. To clarify, I'm using Google Chrome.

• 268 posts
    April 21, 2016 1:13 PM EDT

Is it your screen size?  I'm on chrome and have no issues.

• 743 posts
    April 21, 2016 1:18 PM EDT
    This is gonna be great for the Vault. I'm glad we've finally got a partner for YouTube, it's been long overdue for such a big site.
    • 694 posts
    April 21, 2016 1:24 PM EDT

Same here. No issues on Chrome. Is your browser zoomed in maybe to make the fonts bigger? The font you have showing in this photo here is actually slightly different from what I think it's set to. Perhaps that has something to do with it too?

• 8 posts
    April 21, 2016 1:30 PM EDT

It was actually Character Crusade who recommended I sign up to Tamriel Vault, so I did a couple of days ago. I really think this parnership is going to go a long way. CouchWarrior has done some amazing videos (check out his Erinyes Arcana series on Youtube) and has recently started doing one called 5 Fables. His Erinyes Arcana series was what actually encouraged me to start my own role play story

I'm rather excited about the parnership...

• 694 posts
    April 21, 2016 1:43 PM EDT

That's great, William! I'm glad to see you decided to jump in then, and welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy it. If you need some help figuring things out around here feel free to shoot me a PM. I watching a bit of 5 Fables and was quite impressed! I'm looking forward to more free exchange of cool stories and ideas. 

• 140 posts
    April 21, 2016 1:49 PM EDT

Zoom is at 100% (The same it was before CharacterCrusade), and neither zooming in nor out changes anything. The same goes with fullscreen and restore down. The font does also appear to have changed since CharacterCrusade was added, now that I think of it.

I did just give it a try on, gulp, Internet Explorer, and it looked fine, though the font was still the same as it was on Chrome.

• April 21, 2016 2:41 PM EDT

Welcome to the vault People, here's to a positive future for all, “Success is not the position where you stand, but the direction in which you look.”

• 275 posts
    April 21, 2016 3:20 PM EDT
    Can someone brief me on who these people are?
    • 694 posts
    April 21, 2016 3:30 PM EDT

I believe that's the point of the post, Ebonslayer.  You can check out their website link in the post above, click on the new tab, or take a look at their podcasts which have their own post in The Gateway. 

• 224 posts
    April 21, 2016 10:55 PM EDT

This looks really cool, nice move to TamrielVault Team!!
    I have a Faction roleplaying proyect and also of course Roleplaying characters, so would be so nice If I could get some help from youtubers and Character Crusade guys to make videos, that would be really cool, like the videos of CouchWarrior team those looks so well done. in my opinion, well but first I have to do the Faction roleplaying of course, then I could think in ask help to Character Crusade guys or other team.

Well done to TamrielVault team, I think and I hope this means TamrielVault keep growing more and more and become more important everyday, who knows maybe this in a nearly future for some would be a job, because If you are a good youtuber, a good writer or storyteller or real good in social media and you can post your job in social networks and you reach a lot of views, you would have a real and pay job

I'm really excited too , and I hope TamrielVault team have a good agreement, legal terms and good communication to Character Crusade team, because I meant TamrielVault is a like a "gold mine of inspiration", there are a lot of writers, artists and people who made a lot of incredible work and everyone must be respected

So continue forward and will be nice to have more news about this

• 694 posts
    April 21, 2016 11:48 PM EDT

Wow, thanks Medieval!   It's great to see such awesome support from our members about something like this. The Character Crusade guys are very talented, and personally I'm as excited about their content as they are about ours, so I'm looking forward to seeing this grow and mutual creative give and take.