Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dead is Dead... Yes/No

• 11 posts
    April 5, 2016 5:27 PM EDT
    So I am playing a heavily modded version of skyrim and the bandits are a lot stronger and even weather or cold water can kill me plus I am playing on legendary with only robes and Mage armor.... Should I do the dead is dead rule? Yes or No and why?
    • 56 posts
    April 5, 2016 6:01 PM EDT

Hmm... it's difficult cause robes don't give enough warmth to survive in northern Skyrim and Legendary is already pretty tough against Dragon Priests or high level Draugr (at least for me)

Edit: I play with Frostfall and my hunter uses robes for warmer regions and fur armor with a fur hood and cloak in cold regions

• 11 posts
    April 5, 2016 7:15 PM EDT
    Yeah I am using frostfall + RnD and some other fun things to make it more challenging, normally I would agree robes are not suited for the northern regions but to me the Archmage robes look like they could survive the cold. I may just keep my rules and not do dead is dead because it's not vanilla skyrim and a lot of my adds make the bandits a lot stronger and seriously varied as they can even Summon some crazy stuff
    • 237 posts
    April 5, 2016 11:16 PM EDT

Don't play on Legendary.  Instead, use mods that add more consequences and make everyone deal more damage overall.

Do I play DiD?  It depends on the build and how much I want to actually complete a playthrough.

• 11 posts
    April 5, 2016 11:23 PM EDT
    Legendary is the only thing that offers a challenge... Even master is too easy
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 6, 2016 2:02 PM EDT

It's up to you, but I wouldn't submit to a Dead is Dead playthrough unless I was absolutely sure I'd enjoy it. Sometimes, playthroughs like that end up becoming quite frustrating if you don't know or don't have the time to manage it properly, and gaming is not supposed to be frustrating.

So do it if you can take it and have fun. If not, don't. Personally, I'm not a fan of it.

• 11 posts
    April 6, 2016 2:34 PM EDT
    That's a good way to put it, thanks man.