Forums » The Lounge

Your Greatest Accomplishment During Your Time in Tamriel Vault

• 1467 posts
    April 5, 2016 2:06 AM EDT

The first build moving out of the Bloodworks is the most amazing stage, well at least I think so. Having people look to this brand new build and moving it up for the first time ever is just great. I still remember being excited over 7 likes back in the day, so it's not weird to be excited for it  

Never use others work to judge your own success, use your own work to judge your own success because in the end that's who matters when making a build. 

• 321 posts
    April 5, 2016 2:10 AM EDT

Finishing reading the prologue of Straag Rod. (Seriously that's like the most longest prologue I've had laid my eyes upon.)

But mostly, it's getting recognized by the community in just a few months and contributing a fair amount of content for this site.

Also would like to thank the Tamriel Tales community that had helped me discover my inner writer.

• 485 posts
    April 5, 2016 2:28 AM EDT
    That is a very hard question to answer. It'd be easier to ask others what their favorite art piece of mine is:
  • April 5, 2016 2:48 AM EDT

For me that is an easy question, there are two things that stand out for me during my time on the vault, the publication of my own skyrim build, and the creation of the Twilight of Meridia, hands down its the Twilight of Meridia, A build I spent a lot of time on, and worked with some very talented people Chris Diokno above being one of them, but in particular Noodles, to see it go Legendary in such a short time, truly amazing.

• 268 posts
    April 5, 2016 8:10 AM EDT
    Either collabing with CND on the Skaal Crusader (my first collab and easily one of my favourite builds to this day) or Riften's Most Wanted (Legendary in two weeks! Record breaking I think), or perhaps when I returned from a hiatus in January 2015 - I was just glad to be back.
    • 649 posts
    April 5, 2016 8:20 AM EDT

Right. Then I gave to try harder to achieve that accomplishment then. Thank you very much :D

• 457 posts
    April 5, 2016 8:33 AM EDT

I had a LOT of fun playing that build :D

• 694 posts
    April 5, 2016 11:32 AM EDT

A very good and tough question for probably a lot of folks here. The thing I'm probably most proud of is my collaboration with Legion on my one only build, Breath of Kyne. We worked tirelessly on it, and if nothing else it's my favorite thing I've done. Becoming an admin, helping the site and starting The Gateway was pretty great too, but that's all sort of in play now so it's tough to say if it's my "greatest" or "best" since it's all very much still in play. 

• 18 posts
    April 5, 2016 11:39 AM EDT

The one best thing? Actually finishing the one and only thing I've posted on the Vault - damn you procrastination!

• 96 posts
    April 5, 2016 11:41 AM EDT
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)
    • 95 posts
    April 5, 2016 7:33 PM EDT

When I think about it, it's actually my short story "Ruthless Academics". It's probably the one and only piece of writing that I look at and say "This is some of the best I've ever done!".  I'm still really happy with how it turned out.

Other than that, when my first build got out of the Bloodworks. I was ecstatic when I found out.

• 122 posts
    April 6, 2016 10:05 AM EDT
    Is obtaining the sense of camaraderie on the grounds of shared interests with multiple individuals all around the world not an achievement enough?
    • 295 posts
    April 6, 2016 2:30 PM EDT

For me, I'm like Sotek, it has to be my story. Straag Rod

• 40 posts
    April 6, 2016 3:28 PM EDT

I'd have to say working on the Bosmer article with Thorien and Karver. I've never been a part of something like that, and I know we all worked so hard on it. Writing a lore article that other people would read and (hopefully) find useful towards their builds or stories or whatever creative endeavors they're attempting, was very intimidating.

But I'm really glad I had these guys on my team, and that I went through with it. It's the article I'd wished for when I first joined Tamriel Vault.

Secondly, I'd have to say my biggest accomplishment is Frost Moon. It's not even finished yet, but this is the first time I have ever gone public with a story. Ever. I am a very shy writer. I am also a very inconsistent writer, but I saw what Okan-Zeeus was doing, and what Lissette and Sotek were doing, and I thought to myself "maybe I can do that too". So I jumped in headfirst, and I don't regret it for a second.

The story's far from over. The writing could be better. I have my doubts and worries. But people seem to enjoy it and I enjoy writing it. I've never gotten such direct feedback on a story before, which was as exciting as it was terrifying. The feeling of accomplishment, too, is just incredible.

And a special nod to Okan, Lissette and Sotek. You guys are my Tamriel Tales heroes! I am slowly getting through all of your amazing stories. Sorry it's taking me so long!

• 649 posts
    April 6, 2016 4:01 PM EDT

It surely was one hell of a ride writing that article. And I hope you are now less scared about writing article. You know, I´m still waiting when you´ll do Skaal 

• 393 posts
    April 6, 2016 4:16 PM EDT

Aww, Fawn. Don't be so unsure of yourself, you're an amazing writer, and I'm not saying it just for the sake of saying, you pobably already know I don't say things unless I really think so, that would be a behaviour not befitting a JusticiarXD. Your story is beautiful.

Hell, I thought I'll die writing that article and I only wrote a few paragraphs, because English kills my brains, I swear by Auri-El) And you guys wrote so much more and even didn't kick me out of the team. Aren't you both just super amazing?)))

• 773 posts
    April 6, 2016 4:24 PM EDT

I suppose it would have to be starting the site in the first place

And the fact it is still here five years later...

• 393 posts
    April 6, 2016 4:36 PM EDT

That is actually the king of all accomplishments

• 367 posts
    April 6, 2016 4:45 PM EDT

This is another reason as to why my story is my biggest accomplishment. It proved to be a wonderful opportunity to encourage and learn from other writers. We all started out in Tamriel Tales at different skill levels and I know at the beginning of my story I was such a weak writer.

The fact is we all help each other, not just by pointing out errors or making suggestions but also and in my opinion, most importantly giving each other the support.

While you write your story you will have doubt and worries. I do, Lissette does and I know Okan does as well. The reason isn’t what you would expect it to be SF. It’s because we care about what we do and we believe in what we do. The same goes for you. Your writing will get better with experience, I know that for a fact.

You’ll always worry and have doubts. That’s because you are bothered with what you write and post. You know where we all are if those doubts pull too strong. Even now I run things past people. The biggest and most effective tool Tamriel Tales has as indeed the CB and all the other groups are not the Workshop, it isn’t the Blog Editing service, it’s the members.

You’re not alone here. All you need to do is tip your head back and howl.

• 367 posts
    April 6, 2016 5:09 PM EDT

I was actually waiting for you to mention the blog Paul...  It out shines all of us....

• 12 posts
    April 6, 2016 5:11 PM EDT

Uhm, it kind of seemed like I sort of sparked a super brief horse screenshots trend. If that was actually the case and not my imagination, then I think that's pretty neato. 

The horse girl in me will never die. Yolo or something.

• 40 posts
    April 6, 2016 6:20 PM EDT

Your words are deeply appreciated, Thorien! I've gained a lot of confidence since I've joined, in no small part thanks to you and everyone else that's cheered me on.

Oh you definitely helped with the article, Thorien! Metaphysical lore stuff is something I don't understand at all. xD If I was trying to write the article myself, I would have been doomed if it weren't for you and Karver. Also you guys wrote an article in a language that wasn't your native language, that just blows my mind. I only know one language!

• 393 posts
    April 6, 2016 6:35 PM EDT

Cheering you is the least we can do here) That's what friends are for, right?))

You know, people can do quite fine without understanding metaphysical stuff, but if it's all you know, it won't work. Our great chieftain Karver has written a lot of lore articles, and he's not a native English speaker too. He knows English much better than I though, I already broke my brains over that Lorkhan article and all my knowledge of metaphysics doesn't help. Not to mention that I still can't write a first paragraph for my short story.

However, I guess I'm just being a naggy elf again, I must be happy that I can write something coherent in English at sll without actually having spoken it at least once. I should thank all of you here for this, it were you who taught me)

• 367 posts
    April 6, 2016 6:45 PM EDT

I still think of your horse pictures...

• 295 posts
    April 6, 2016 7:21 PM EDT

Hugs for everyone!