Forums » The Lounge

Your Greatest Accomplishment During Your Time in Tamriel Vault

• 367 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:14 PM EDT

With the news that Tamriel Vault is now five years old, I‘ve found myself thinking back to everything I’ve done in the blog from the creation of my Character Build, my RP Profile, my gallery and of course my story.

I’ve added various pieces of art and screenshots, wrote a multitude of chapters, contributed to discussions and posted the odd discussion of my own. Near every member can boast the same, in fact most of you who have been here a while have probably added much more content that I have (bar blog postings... I think I hold the record for blog postings).

This brings me to my point… What, in all of your time in Tamriel Vault, is your biggest singular accomplishment?

What’s the one star that outshines all your others?

For me, it has to be my story. Union of the Wolf.

What’s yours?

• 1441 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:16 PM EDT

Hmmm, tough call. It would either be aiding in the creation of the Twlight of Meridia, or being Host of RP

• 622 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:23 PM EDT

I have no idea, to be honest! I have done so much here, it is hard to pick just one accomplishment 

• 393 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:26 PM EDT

The fact that I haven't yet been banned from the site is an accomplishment by itself

Jokes aside, my biggest accomplishment, which is my first work ever, isn't connected to TT, it is my part of the Bosmer lore article, most of which is written by Karver and Spotted Fawn though. Mine is the littlest part.

Otherwise, I've been mostly leaving critical comments and being a naggy person. Not a real accomplishment, huh))

• 627 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:31 PM EDT

That I've managed to convince people that I know what I'm doing 

• 367 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:33 PM EDT

I can understand this with you Tae. There's so much quality work you have added. I tell you what; I'll go easy(ish) on you. What is the one build you are most proud of? And, what is your favourite RP Profile you made?

• 411 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:39 PM EDT
    My NOACC ripoff MOOACC being on the Classics group front page.

I am working on some greater things but i have a procrastination habit that i am trying to get rid of.
    • 622 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:44 PM EDT

Ah, that would be a tie between my Steel Dragon and Hist Wraith! Both very memorable characters and dear to my heart.

Favorite RP profile? Rhan'vet and Tae-Rai, though I am attached to the one I am working on... 

• 48 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:51 PM EDT
    My greatest accomplishment haven't happened yet I think my greatest accomplishment will be Guardians Of The North which has been in works for almost a year.
    • 133 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:52 PM EDT

Hmm...I would have to say that my greatest accomplishment would be all of my poetry on the site. This place really served as a testing ground for my creative juices, and the fact that so many of them were well received is a great sign to me. 

Another one of my proudest moments would be my recent Dishonored and Fallout lore articles. I thought they were well-crafted and helped breath even the tiniest bit of life into those groups. 

• 708 posts
    April 4, 2016 8:10 PM EDT
    Hmm, this one is a toughie. I think it's a bit of a toss-up between being one of the pioneers of the fine art of Character Building as we know it today, creating the terrible Trevor Deathhand, Paladin of Molag Bal, or revitalising the Tips and Tricks group back around the start of 2013 in to the big part of the site it is today.
    • 133 posts
    April 4, 2016 8:19 PM EDT

It's Trevor Deathhand. There's no contest. 

• 404 posts
    April 4, 2016 8:22 PM EDT

I am just glad your still around.

• 367 posts
    April 4, 2016 8:24 PM EDT

See, this raises a great point of what the blog is. When it was first created and the groups started to form there were no layouts of any particular format compared to what we have by today’s standards. I didn’t join the blog until 2014 so these first few years of voyage and discovery I unfortunately missed.

Those must have been exiting times. I do wish I could have been there.

I’m just glad I have an opportunity to help Tamriel Tales and the Vault grow beyond what it is now.

• 485 posts
    April 4, 2016 8:42 PM EDT
    I got quite a few.

Discovered I have a knack for art.

Made a lot of very popular builds.

Most importantly I made a lot of really good friends here.
    • 457 posts
    April 4, 2016 8:57 PM EDT
    I think my greatest accomplishment here was conning the powers that be into letting me join the Hidden Gem Spotlight team... I was a fairly quiet presence here on the blog, but I really liked the idea of giving underappreciated builds a bit of well-deserved recognition (and, frankly, I can go from 0 to fanboy in under 3 seconds anyhow (it's a blessing and a curse xD)). It was nice to be a part of that for a while.

In that light, the crowning jewel for me would be getting to write Elysium's Hidden Builder Spotlight. I got to read 13 really awesome builds, research a lot wonderful things said by members of this site that I admire and respect, AND shine some light on a fantastic (and underappreciated) builder all at the same time.

It was too much fun to be legal :D
    • 1467 posts
    April 4, 2016 10:38 PM EDT

Awesome discussion Sotek, it really makes you think.

I really don't know, so I guess I'll divide it into personal projects and more group/site oriented stuff, I think I've contributed a fair bit to both categories.

Without a doubt the achievement in building that I consider the best is my Grey Prince, it might have only been my...third or fourth build but to me it far outshines what I've done since. It's hit Event:Legendary, it's in the Hall of Fame in the upper half of the Vampire Category, and it kind of defined my work on the Vault since then. If it wasn't for the success of the build (even if the Legendary stuff took over a year) I probably wouldn't have kept building.

In terms of other groups, I guess my Lore Article (Examining the Time Dragon) was the only noteworthy piece that I just did to, well have fun. There was no motive behind the article, no reason for posting it other than I just wanted to. While the primary reason for all my Workshop or Gaming Corner content has of course been to have fun, but there was always that personal pressure of it being done to hopefully spur some action into the group.

Speaking of the Workshop, I'd like to think that it was one of my biggest achievements in helping out the site. I'm not trying to claim credit for it fully or anything but I'd like to think I've been a driving force for the group, the WSS, Workshop Features, Workshop Group Builds and the constant commenting all (hopefully) had more of an impact on other members than anything else I've done. 

Yeah, my work in the Workshop would be what I consider my greatest accomplishment on the site, simply because it's the one thing I'd say that actually had an impact on other people in a positive manner. 

• 367 posts
    April 5, 2016 1:00 AM EDT

What would you say was your best art piece Curse?

This picture of yours is one of my favourite. You let me copy it in my own style when you were at the line drawing  stage.

• 66 posts
    April 5, 2016 1:09 AM EDT

My story: A Dance with Daedra, and related: my drawing of the adorable squirrel, Scuttles.

• 649 posts
    April 5, 2016 1:29 AM EDT

I haven´t read Sotek´s 100 chapters yet. So no accomplishment yet.... 

• 404 posts
    April 5, 2016 1:31 AM EDT

I have read all of his work so far.

• 96 posts
    April 5, 2016 1:41 AM EDT
    I think it's that my (own) build reached the 25 likes mark (before it got burried in the archives, which is probably due to my lack of constant work on it). It might not be much for builders that have been here for a time, but to me it's great, more than I ever expected.
    Thanks for this, guys & girls. :)
    • 367 posts
    April 5, 2016 1:58 AM EDT

Actualy, if you include Sotek's early years ie the Bloodmoon Rising chapters, then I'm working on my 124th chapter. It will be ready by the end of today.

• 367 posts
    April 5, 2016 2:00 AM EDT

I've only put together the one build yet I still remember the feeling when it moved out of the bloodworks.

Well done to you Relycs.

• 367 posts
    April 5, 2016 2:04 AM EDT

I can't say for anyone else but I have a hard trouble saying 'Workshop' without thinking about Dragonborn. I don't want to take anything away from anyone else but I honestly think the workshop has you stamped all over it.

I hope I would leave my mark on Tamriel Tales as you have with the workshop.