Forums » Elder Scrolls

I need some inspiration from Good Citizens of Tamriel, please

• 224 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:22 PM EDT

Hello everyone!

Medieval here,

I'm making an story about a dark character and a dark cult. This bad cult its about Necromancy and Deadric influences. I have to make an antagonist faction, something what makes my character the life harder and makes reach his goals harder. So I ask you good citizens of Tamriel, all good people who follow the path of light. If you share some ideas and I think I could use some of it, o even If you help me to get some inspiration, I will name you giving some credit on Faction Roleplaying Group when I create the good Faction or good Character on the group.

Credits Original Picture: http://ru.elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%A4%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB:%D0%90%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%88_vs_%D0%94%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%BD.jpg

I added some filters to the pic

• 393 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:30 PM EDT

Well, if you are a Daedra worshipper, your enemies would be... everyone))) Imperials (because Daedra worship is illegal), the Thalmor (they hate Daedra worshippers and it's illegal), Nords (they hate Daedra and their worshippers), even the worshippers of other Daedra. Oh, and most of all, the Vigilants of Stendarr, they would be your most hateful enemies.

If you tell me which Daedra your character worships, I'll probably suggest more))

• 411 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:32 PM EDT
    Daedra worship isnt ilegal in Skyrim. Its just frowned upon. Atleast thats what i think.
    • 393 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:33 PM EDT

It is illegal everywhere except Morrowind.

Oh, maybe in Valenwood and Elsweyr it's not so strictly banned as well, but in the Empire it is certainly illegal.

• 411 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:37 PM EDT
    If it was ilegal i would assume that all the stronghold Orcs and Dunmer who worship The Tribunal would be executed or inprisoned.

EDIT: I know for a fact its not banned in Elsweyr as the Khajiit worship both Aedra and Daedra. Im sure it might be banned in Hammerfell knowing redguards.
    • 404 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:42 PM EDT

true, the Redguards see mages as tricksters.

• 224 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:42 PM EDT

Alright! thanks, well I can tell you what kind of Dark Faction its about, some of Daedric princes influences (except Zenithar) are the following:

Namira   :   The Prince of the "ancient darkness", the patron of all things considered repulsive

Peryte      :   The Taskmaster, the Daedric Prince of Pestilence, desires order in his domain

Molag Bal:  The Prince of domination and spiritual enslavement, seeks to ensnare souls within his domain

Sanguine :  The Prince of hedonism, debauchery, and the further indulgences of one's darker nature

Mehrunes Dagon : The Prince of destruction, violent upheaval, energy, and mortal ambition

Zenithar   :   The God of Work and Commerce, the Provider of our Ease

The name of the dark cult/guild is The Dark Legion, stronger influences are from Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon.

To have an idea, I have made an organizational map of the Dark Legion Cult

• 393 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:46 PM EDT

As I said, the Dunmer are the only exception. As for the Orcs, they already don't have any roghts in the Empire and if one of them went into a city, s/he'd probably end up in a jail or would be killed by city guards just because s/he is a stonghold Orc. And of course any Orc would be arrested for open Daedra worship.

@Mirric, you're right, the Khajiit do worship some Daedra (though it's not Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon, otherwise the Thalmor definitely wouldn't let that continue), and in Valenwood the Bosmer might worship Daedra as well, but there it is certainly frowned upon.

• 393 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:50 PM EDT

First of all, Zenithar is an Aedra, he really doesn't fit in this company. Also, the Daedric Princes hate each other, so any of them really wouldn't like his worshippers worshipping another Prince.

• 224 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:57 PM EDT

I know the Daedric princes and Aed

• 224 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:58 PM EDT

I know the Daedric princes and Aedra (Zenithar), are not part of The Dark Legion Cult, the main character take inspiration of them to make his own cult/faction, and his own world, the Daedric princes or Aedras will have no part on the Cult or the world

I have a glitch posting replies... :/

• 393 posts
    March 24, 2016 2:59 PM EDT

Do you mean it's not in Tamriel?

• 224 posts
    March 24, 2016 3:08 PM EDT

In abstract, The main character (teenager) citizen of Cyrodiil, during 3E 424 (estimated) in the place of Morrowind was running away from a zombie apocalypse on Cyrodiil, he ran to save his life and reach to Morrowind, there he starts to know about Necromancy, he obsessed with the topic, and his goal will be to find how to become a Lich, and gain immortality, after some years he went to Cyrodiil again to make a Cult/guild/faction, he starts to join adepts, then some more years he is on Skyrim, where finally will reach the Lichdom, after that he will make his own Daedric plane of Oblivion and take with him all his followers and adepts to the new realm.

• 393 posts
    March 24, 2016 3:13 PM EDT

Oh... This guy chose a hard path. I tell you for certain, he would be surrounded by enemies anywhere he'd go. And when he's a lich, people would just try to kill him on sight.

• 224 posts
    March 24, 2016 3:20 PM EDT

Thats right, what you said is really true, xD

I think Vigilant of Stendarr would be a good opposite faction, but they was made after the Oblivion Crisis, so maybe a new custom faction? or an earlier Vigilant of Stendarr?. The thing is I want the good guys disturb my character on the beginning (Morrowind 3E 424), so thats why I was looking for inspiration, If you know a Good Faction or a Good Character, a Good Build or something to be based on, of course I will give credits If I get some ideas on others work

• 393 posts
    March 24, 2016 3:26 PM EDT

Actually in Morrowind he'd have problems too. Necromancy is highly illegal there.

• 224 posts
    March 24, 2016 3:32 PM EDT

He will do it discretely, he will starts as a merchant,

• 393 posts
    March 24, 2016 3:34 PM EDT

To be honest, I don't know very much about Morrowind but I think someone told me that there were dudes who spied on people to make sure they didn't do anything illegal.

• 224 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:44 PM EDT

Interesting, thanks