Forums » Elder Scrolls

Character "Snapshots"

• 189 posts
    March 22, 2016 2:10 PM EDT

I feel like it'd be better not to dump them all in the same thread, otherwise they'll get buried too quickly. This thread is already 9 pages long and it'll (hopefully) get a lot longer over the next few weeks if everyone posts their snapshots here.

I think best option would be to let each member get one thread to post any/all snapshots they want to post, and they can manage that thread to some degree as they like (e.g., maybe Henson puts all of his snapshots in the main post, maybe Phil puts his snapshots as top level comments as he writes them, and links the comments in his main body, etc.).

And then, between RP and CB, whoever wants to host these threads would do that, and maybe the other group could have a page or a master thread or something, linking to the other group and/or to a few specific members' threads, so that both groups are linked by this.

• 485 posts
    March 22, 2016 3:41 PM EDT
    It's better to contain it to just this thread man. A flood of little snap shots flooding the CB group would turn that group into a hot mess. Same for the rp group.
    • 490 posts
    March 22, 2016 3:46 PM EDT

I think we can get there eventually, but 9 pages is nothing. If people post them, we can move them somewhere else eventually.

Let's just see where it goes.

• 485 posts
    March 22, 2016 4:11 PM EDT
    Yeh, let's not get hung up on how to organize this and let's just have fun with it.
    • 700 posts
    March 22, 2016 7:46 PM EDT

The Curator

Name: Adraan Crito 

Class: Relic Hunter

Main Skills: Archery, Lockpicking, Alteration

Overview: The Curator is a humble adventurer with fast reflexes, near-sighted vision, and far-sighted dreams of opening a museum in the name of a free exchange of knowledge.

Gameplay: Without armor, the Curator relies on flesh spells, regenerative enchantments, and a trusty canine companion to keep the heat off of him in battle while he fires arrows into enemies at a remarkable rate. Outside of combat, his skill with a simple lockpick rivals that of a master thief with the Skeleton Key.

Role-play: The Curator’s devotion to his museum can be summed up thusly: if it does not have a place in the museum, it does not have a place in his inventory. Treasure hunting is only half the work though. Making friends across Skyrim is paramount to ensuring the museum’s future through monetary means and through personal connections. 

• 1595 posts
    March 22, 2016 8:21 PM EDT

Outside of combat, his skill with a simple lockpick rivals that of a master thief with the Skeleton Key.

That's a great little summary 

• 1595 posts
    March 22, 2016 8:23 PM EDT

Very concise and pretty damn cool.

• 490 posts
    March 22, 2016 10:13 PM EDT
    Necropaladin is now my favorite word.
    • 485 posts
    March 23, 2016 9:41 AM EDT

very nice snapshot legion

• 457 posts
    March 23, 2016 10:37 AM EDT

My turn!

• 490 posts
    March 23, 2016 10:43 AM EDT
    Wonderful! A great example of going the extra step with the art side of things. Very concise and a pretty sweet character.
    • 1595 posts
    March 23, 2016 2:37 PM EDT

What a way to up the ante and reinterpret what can be done with the snapshots ShinJin. That is very creative 

• 485 posts
    March 23, 2016 3:29 PM EDT
    Very nice shin. And you're welcome for the artwork :)
    • 215 posts
    March 23, 2016 4:59 PM EDT

Hircine's Huntsman

Name: Olaf Sorarik

Skills: Archery, 1-Handed, Light Armor, Speech, Pickpocket, Sneak, Alchemy, Smithing

Snapshot: A Nord hunter living outside of Whiterun who loses everything in a dragon attack and vows revenge.  With the help of Hircine he has a chance to achieve just that.

Gameplay: Using your natural hunter skills and gifts bestowed by Hircine to bring Balance to Skyrim.  Archery is the bread and butter with some dual wield thrown in for melee purposes but with the ultimate goal being to get back to the bow.  Has a heavy roleplay section that can be used as much (or as little) as desired.

• 457 posts
    March 23, 2016 5:53 PM EDT
    You most definitely have bragging rights coming to you for that illustration. When you first showed Lozhar and I the rough sketch, I was like, "Let's just put it in now!" But then it just kept getting better.

It's still one of my favorites ;D
    • 485 posts
    March 23, 2016 11:37 PM EDT

Very nice John. 

• 700 posts
    March 24, 2016 12:15 AM EDT

So I wanted to try something a bit different and see how it worked. I'm a fan of explaining things through storytelling rather than lists, when possible, so I gave it a shot here. Honestly, it's a bit closer to an RP Profile, but the crossover here seems generous enough to allow it. I'm also getting back into Photoshop after roughly five years of using paint.net, so...it's not great, but it was fun. 

• 490 posts
    March 24, 2016 12:29 AM EDT
    This is amazing!

I think this lends itself to maybe the "RP" version of a snapshot. Literally a short look into the life of a character. The ones that were posted before were more for actual game deacriptions. This might be a great way to distinguish from the two groups?
    • 700 posts
    March 24, 2016 12:47 AM EDT

Thank you :D

I think you may be right. Snapshots can probably be pretty reliably separated just based on their focus of character/mechanics. 

• 40 posts
    March 24, 2016 1:15 AM EDT

Whoa! I would definitely say this worked, Legion! I instantly want to know more about this guy. Any chance we can get more journal-entries from him?

• 189 posts
    March 24, 2016 1:32 AM EDT

Very cool! It's amazing how people are already doing such different and creative stuff with these. I really want to try my hand at one or two, but I'm not sure I'll be able to until next weekend (like, 10 days from now, not 3) -- at least, not to do it the way I'd like.

• 1595 posts
    March 24, 2016 5:05 AM EDT

Thinking outside the box again Liege! Very, very cool

• 1595 posts
    March 24, 2016 5:18 AM EDT

Nicely done John

• 393 posts
    March 24, 2016 5:36 AM EDT

Nice, this guy is awesome))

• 622 posts
    March 24, 2016 7:17 AM EDT
    Awesome work guys! I'll post some a bit later :D