Forums » Elder Scrolls

Character "Snapshots"

• 490 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:16 PM EDT
    Well, it could be open to a long discussion and they could be added to the discussion, or we could open it up to a blog type of thing. I see what you mean about having some get lost in the a long train of comments but we should see if people make their own.
    • 490 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:18 PM EDT
    I would think between RP and CB they would be better housed in RP only for the name/short bio type of concept, but it might be up to who wants to manage them. I don't host anything lol
    • 485 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:18 PM EDT

Thats a very good point. Im not sure how to organize all this. On the other hand this is one of those rare threads that might compel people to read in its entirety rather than skip off to the last reply. 

• 1595 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:23 PM EDT

I think Fallout could do with this too, have the two things running at the same time...?

• 700 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:24 PM EDT

Hmm. Maybe we play it by ear for now then? Follow Henson's advice and see if people come here to make their own. It's a little early to make a call, but it shouldn't be too difficult to do something down the road. Maybe both CB and RP could add a new tag and thread-type for it? The most we could do is encourage people to post in both places.

Of course, we could always just create threads meant specifically to house the Snapshots that people come up with so that they're equally represented in each group. Decisions, decisions. 

• 485 posts

The more I think about it the more I think just having it all here and letting this thread ride would work best. 

• 490 posts
    Sure! I have one kind of made up for my Dark Souls 2 character. The template was meant to be universal for any game, or at least that was my intention.
    • 485 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:29 PM EDT

What about a link in CB and RP both linking to this discussion. If people wish to have individual attention brought to a specific profile they need only link the discussion page where it is located. 

• 490 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:31 PM EDT
    Yeah, post a link and see if anyone wants to comment with theirs here. Let's do that and then gauge if people are interested.
    • 700 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:32 PM EDT

Sounds good, I'll post up a link. 

• 1595 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:46 PM EDT

So, how about we see a Bouyant Armiger, an Infiltrator and The Hands of Arkay?

• 490 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:47 PM EDT
    Hehe. I will get on it. I find this as a fun challenge to be concise. We shall see who can say the most with the least amount of words. The one picture can say a lot, too.
    • 700 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:51 PM EDT

I'm game! I agree with Henson; being this concise is a fun challenge. And sorry! I'm afraid I've made your job harder by removing all the links on my page :P

• 1595 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:52 PM EDT

Yep it certainly did  Are you gonna do it? C'mon.

• 700 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:57 PM EDT

I am! I'm putting it together right now in fact. But since we're freely requesting things, how about a Snapshot of The Avatava? Yeeesss? Yes. 

• 1595 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:59 PM EDT

lol, no fair!

• 485 posts
    March 22, 2016 12:03 AM EDT

I thought you'd never ask. Give me a few minutes. 

• 1595 posts
    March 22, 2016 12:41 AM EDT

The Avatava

Name: Tava

Class: Ada Spirit of Air

Skills: Light Armour, One Handed, Two Handed, Destruction, Block and Restoration

Gameplay: The Avatava represents Redguard martial prowess. Incorporating the healing arts and destruction magic along with her element of air, the Avatava is a divine phoenix on Nirn.

• 700 posts
    March 22, 2016 12:48 AM EDT

...how did you get the text to wrap. I swear, if there is one thing I always struggle with, it's wrapping text on ning.

• 700 posts
    March 22, 2016 12:50 AM EDT

And well done! Takes a lot of self control and and knowledge of the build to be so concise. Mine is a bit wordier!

• 1595 posts
    March 22, 2016 12:51 AM EDT

I don't want the text to do that! I need a longer image to keep all the words to the right. But all I did was align my pic to the left.

• 700 posts
    March 22, 2016 12:59 AM EDT

Hands of Arkay

Name: Sibella 

Class: Crusader

Skills: Two-Handed, Enchanting, Restoration, Light Armor, Conjuration, One-Handed

Overview: A former member of the Order of Arkay and rejected member of the Knights of The Circle, Sibella seeks to uphold Arkay's Law through direct confrontation with its defilers, rather than through prayer and ceremony. 

Gameplay: Combat is fast and hard-hitting, true to Sibella's nature. She crushes through one enemy and moves onto the next seamlessly, topping up her health and stamina when the moment allows to keep her going. Sibella captures all of her own souls to remain true to Arkay's Law and carries a ceremonial dagger refitted for combat.

Role-play: Sibella is a radical upholder of Arkay's Law, using only white souls, and destroying all black soul gems and enchanted items she finds. Others are simply too irresponsible to handle such power. She makes a point to set Serana on the righteous path while using Meridia and Azura as means to her own ends, declining their offers of championship. 

• 1595 posts
    March 22, 2016 1:03 AM EDT

Drop the pic to be level with "Name:" and the bottom line of gameplay may look neater...?

• 40 posts
    March 22, 2016 1:05 AM EDT

Quick question for you guys! Is this for the build-creators to show the characters they made with their own builds, or is this for members to show the characters they've made with builds they've tried?

• 490 posts
    March 22, 2016 1:08 AM EDT
    Both! Or just any character you have played in general. No builds required, just share anything you have played or hope to play.