Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls Online

• 136 posts
    March 12, 2016 3:59 PM EST

3 weeks if you know where to power level.

• 136 posts
    March 12, 2016 4:01 PM EST

A guy in my guild did it in 48 hrs, but that's literally all he did for 2 days.

• 622 posts
    March 12, 2016 4:09 PM EST

Again, it depends if you want to power level or play

• 136 posts
    March 12, 2016 4:17 PM EST

Agreed. I found it fun and efficient to level by doing the faction and main quests, world bosses, and solo dungeons in each area. I did that on my first character and leveled up quick enough for my tastes.

• 215 posts
    March 12, 2016 4:51 PM EST
    Same here, I'm just following the basic quest lines and picking up Newquist whenever I enter a new area. Should be level 10 soon and just started late yesterday.
    • 136 posts
    March 12, 2016 5:02 PM EST

Glad to hear it. Enjoy the quests - imo, they are very well written and interesting. The side quests tend to be "go fetch" types, but the main stuff is amazing.

If you haven't done so, join the mages, fighters, and undaunted guilds. You don't have to do the quest lines just yet (and I'd recommend you wait until a higher level). But by just joining, you open up their respective skill lines.

• 215 posts
    March 13, 2016 11:52 AM EDT

Can you join all three?

• 215 posts
    March 13, 2016 11:53 AM EDT

Alchemy....I am having trouble finding reagents.  I've taken the first point (after filling my bar as suggested) but still only have three mats in my bag.

• 215 posts
    March 13, 2016 11:55 AM EDT

Slightly off topic but EOS build related...

I am working off a sorcerer build I found that relies on Inner Light and Bound Aegis along with Liquid Lightning.  The question I have is this: Should I skill up other perks since some of these do not open up until later in the game at higher levels or just hold the points to boost these when they become available?

• 136 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:36 PM EDT

I wouldn't hold the skill points - just perk other skills or morphs.

A good substitute for Bound Armor/Bound Aegis is Boundless Storm (morph of Lightning Form). I'm almost Vet 2 and I still regularly use Boundless Storm. I only use Bound Aegis these days when I know I'm getting into a big fight where magicka management is essential (Bound Aegis boosts your max magicka). Boundless Storm lasts 15 seconds, but can be recast rather cheaply. It provides greater spell and physical resistances than Bound Aegis and it gives you a speed boost. It also damages the enemies when you're in the thick of it.

Good luck!

• 136 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:38 PM EDT

Did you put points into Keen Eye? It makes the reagent glow. Honestly, reagents are everywhere - even in Coldharbour. My problem has always been gathering too many.

• 215 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:44 PM EDT
    I've got all kind of cooking and brewing materials but not for alchemy
    • 136 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:46 PM EDT

Just keep hunting around. When it comes to crafting anything, put points into Keen Eye and Hireling. They help tremendously.

• 136 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:49 PM EDT

Yes you can. Joining all three opens up their respective skill lines. Fighters guild skills level from fighting Daedra (especially at dolmens). Mage's guild skills levels based on the number of lore books you find. Undaunted skills level when you complete dungeons.

• 215 posts
    March 13, 2016 2:38 PM EDT
    What's the best way to find cooking and brewing recipes? There's only a few I can Buy from vendors, most of my personal and a bank space is taking up By these. Should I ditch these in favor of alchemy materials?
    • 215 posts
    March 13, 2016 3:31 PM EDT
    And do you have any insight into what crafting skills are the best depending on what class you are playing? As a sorcerer I'm thinking either woodworking or clothing for one and probably alchemy for the other?
    • 622 posts
    March 13, 2016 5:10 PM EDT

It does depend, yeah. I usually go no more then two and it also depends on who you;re playing with... Myself, Curse, Fights and Ben W are all playing together so we've spread all skills within ourselves.

• 136 posts
    March 14, 2016 9:12 AM EDT

The recipes can be found in drawers, tables, nightstands, and chests. As far as taking up space, I encourage you to read ("click on") the recipe. It disappears from your inventory, but your charcter will remember it when you go to a cooking fire.  

Example: You get the recipe for sweet potatos, which calls for bananas and potatos. Click on the recipe in your inventory. Your character will "memorize" the recipe and the recipe will disappear from your inventory. While traveling, you happen to find bananas and potatos. When you go to a cooking fire, the recipe for sweet potatos will be highlighted as available to cook because you have the necessary ingredients. All recipes that you learned, but do not have the ingredients for, will show up red - not available to cook.

In my opinion, alchemy is far more important for a sorcerer. I just reached Vet3 and have still not put a single point into provisioning. I just eat/drink what I am able. Provisioning is one of the fastest crafting abilities to level, so I'm waiting a bit longer before I go that route. Alchemy, on the other hand, I use regularly have put a significant amount of points into when I started reaching level 20. I constantly made alchemy potions to level up the skill but didn't perk it until level 20, which is when the bosses get really difficult. 

• 136 posts
    March 14, 2016 9:20 AM EDT

My sorc has heavily perked clothing, woodworking, alchemy, and enchanting. He's minored into blacksmithing. However, I am working toward making my character a master crafter.

There are plenty of skill points available to master every craft on one character if you want.

I suggest that you work at raising your crafting level, but first putting the bulk of your points into the combat/defensive skills that you want. Definitely perk the Keen Eye and Hireling perks, but wait until you have other sorc skills before dumping a lot of points into crafting. My sorc used found/dropped/looted clothing and staves until Level 40. My other suggestion is to join a guild, which will most likely have master crafters who will craft what you need when you're at a lower level. 

• 708 posts
    March 14, 2016 9:26 AM EDT

Some good discussion here, glad to see some peeps helping out a beginner!

Any reason this isn't in the ESO group though?

• 215 posts
    March 14, 2016 9:29 AM EDT
    When I looked at the ESO group that seem to be more for builds and specific things. Anytime I look at what I considered general like this topic I'm always directed to post that in the forum from other groups so I figured I would just go to the forum first this time.