Forums » Elder Scrolls

Can i use builds in my videos on youtube?

• 9 posts
    March 11, 2016 9:20 AM EST

Im sorry if this is not the correct place for this subject but i want to make a skyrim series featuring cool Skyrim builds that i find here and link the original page but i dont know if that is allowed so i need to know if i can do that without consequences... thx in advance 

• 649 posts
    March 11, 2016 9:34 AM EST

Both Pcoutcast and HeroicXCV do it, so it should be alright, as long you mention Tamriel Vault, provide link to the build here and post the video here, just as HeroicXCV does. Actually, Tamriel Vault would be more than happy to have another guy who is doing Videos for our builds here.

• 56 posts
    March 11, 2016 9:39 AM EST

And don't forget to mention the builder and give credit to them! After all THEY own the rights to their build 

• 485 posts
    March 11, 2016 9:44 AM EST
    The idea is a solid one, but be aware people may be hesitant to offer their build as source material without any idea what kind of quality you can produce.

My advice is to post a sample of your work here so people can see. Also, not to sound mean, but I hope your grammar is better out there on YouTube than it is in this thread. If you want to get people on board with this a good impression is a must. Proper spelling and grammar are crucial components of that impression.
    • 9 posts
    March 11, 2016 9:56 AM EST
    • 485 posts
    March 11, 2016 10:06 AM EST
    Just because you're online does not mean crammed and spelling no longer matter.

Try to see it from the perspective of the builder potentially offering to allow you to record his build. If you can't be bothered to ensure readers can even understand what you're typing, what assurance does he have that you can be bothered to ensure his build doesn't look like crap on YouTube?
    • 9 posts
    March 11, 2016 10:12 AM EST

true :/ i'll be more cautious in the future :)

• 485 posts
    March 11, 2016 10:21 AM EST
    It's fine if English is not your native language. That can't be held against you. I suggest working with a partner. Someone who speaks fluent English who can screen your work for errors before you post.
    • 9 posts
    March 11, 2016 1:53 PM EST

i just finished the video and it should go up on youtube when its done rendering then ill put a link here and if its ok ill leave it be and if it isnt ill remove it and just not do build showcases :)

• 1441 posts
    March 11, 2016 1:59 PM EST

You can post it in the video section

• 9 posts
    March 11, 2016 2:08 PM EST

yeah but i will need an hour just to upload it to yt and another hour to upload it to here so ill just upload it to yt and take it down if its not good

• 773 posts
    March 11, 2016 2:58 PM EST

Nikola, you've been give some good advice here, which I hope you'll heed

As has been said, we are very happy to have people make videos of our builds, but you MUST remember to link to the build and credit the author in the description.

Look forward to seeing your work 

• 773 posts
    March 11, 2016 2:59 PM EST

You don't need to upload it here.

Once you've uploaded to YouTube, grab the embed code and post it in the box that you'll find in the Video section of the site.

• 9 posts
    March 11, 2016 3:00 PM EST

thx i will post a link here of my video when its done uploading 

• 9 posts
    March 11, 2016 3:51 PM EST
    • 9 posts
    • 9 posts

https://youtu.be/IntoDUNQpXs this is that video check it out and tell me what you think