Forums » Elder Scrolls

Pursuing The Main Storyline, Or Have You Veered Off Course?

• 3 posts
    November 17, 2011 10:28 PM EST
    I know that I've hardly played the main storyline ( I haven't even completed The Way of the Voice:)). I'm just too busy with the College of Winterhold and the Companions. They've got some great quests and rewards, and it's been a ton of fun. So I'm wondering how you guys are playing. Are you determined to complete the main storyline, or do you have you're sight set on one of the guilds? Let me know!!
    • 3 posts
    November 18, 2011 9:08 AM EST

I did the main quest a little bit but now I'm gunna go ventering and seeing the world and doing side quests, and dungon crawling.

• 5 posts
    November 18, 2011 11:15 AM EST

go back and forth between main and sides

• 3 posts
    November 18, 2011 11:38 AM EST
    Im level 38 as of last night, archmage and harbinger, delphine is still waiting for me at the riverwood inn to go to solitude. Think im gonna focus on my shouts a bit more til i get sucked in the main quest. Right now it feels like the dragons and the skyrim high king business are separate quests. I hope they are. Would mean 2 main quests for the price of one xD. Im on my 61st hour  and im loving it. Was worried skyrim would get boring after main factions are done, but it doesnt feel like that. Very rich world indeed. Only critic is since i hit level 30 i felt massively overpowered  on adept. So now i play master but dragons are too hard now :(
    • 7 posts
    November 18, 2011 11:41 AM EST
    It depends for me, on the urgency of whatever quest I have. I've just completed diplomatic immunity, but it took me a while because once I killed that dragon near the west tower, it seemed like there was no rush to go to the next quest, so I began exploring and doing side quests, eventually winding me up in the dark brotherhood  (sweeeet). So I leave it up to my character, based on what he would do in the given situation. Rush to find out more about himself and the prophecy, or explore his homeland and all it's glory
    • 1 posts
    November 18, 2011 11:48 AM EST

I steered off from the main quest to other stuff. I started to word wall hunt, dragon hunt, kick Stormcloak ass with the Legion, misc objectives, and sidequests. Every now and then wen I have no quests or jobs to do I will do a mission in the main quest until I find something else to do. On the "Diplomatic" quest in the main story.. 

• 17 posts
    November 18, 2011 12:08 PM EST

I've avoided the main quest for the most part, although I've done enough of it to have a few powerful shouts. That's about it. I too like the Companion quests and done a few side quests. Sometimes the "Miscellaneous" category is my favorite.

• 773 posts
    November 18, 2011 6:55 PM EST

I'd say that killing the Whiterun Dragon and then putting of doing 'The Way of the Voice' is a good compromise.

That's what i'm doing with my character. I figure that the Greybeards have waited plenty for a Dovahkiin. Waiting a little while longer won't hurt them too much 

• 3 posts
    November 18, 2011 7:54 PM EST
    I definitely agree! :) I'm finally tying up The college of Winterhold's main quests. They have been a ton of fun! So I may start up on the main storyline again soon. But if not they'll have to wait EVEN longer :D
    • 77 posts
    November 18, 2011 8:01 PM EST

The civil war is short and should not be considered a main questline. Think of it as a guild, although a lot duller and repetitive.

• 66 posts
    November 19, 2011 3:59 AM EST

I've completely negelcted the main storyline and now reached level 19. Just been travelling around hunting (both animals and the inhabitants of Skyrim's small towns). I really like the radiant AI generated quests.