Forums » Fallout

Survival mode details

• 1913 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:26 PM EST

https://goo.gl/dHCJca

So some fans went hunting and found features in patches and Bethesda has confirmed these are happening in survival mode, but they are subject to change. What do you all think?

• 1217 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:35 PM EST

I imagine the disabled fast travel and weighted fusion cores will combine to make Power Armor a much more tactical choice.

• 1913 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:39 PM EST

No longer will we be able to easy mode everything in our Brotherhood issued t-60.... At least for long.

• 1467 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:41 PM EST

Hmm, I think the one that interests me most is Adrenaline. Building that up means not saving, but it also increases your damage by more and more...I could definitely roll DiD with this, that'd be actually interesting.

The more logical difficulty change seems nice as well I suppose, that still irritates me about Vanilla Skyrim so I'm glad Bethesda actually altered it. 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:44 PM EST

I like it, but I'm not keen on not getting a full resting value when sleeping in a sleeping bag - when you're exhausted in the middle of nothing, you'll sleep anywhere you can.

• 1913 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:45 PM EST

I think fatigue is a nice mechanic ass action points were OP... Dangerous enemy? Just vats and crit. 

• 1913 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:48 PM EST

Just cause you'll sleep anywhere doesn't mean you'll get sufficient rest. If I sleep on the thin cloth of a bedroll of sleeping bag, that won't be nearly as comforting as an actual mattress 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:54 PM EST

Oh come on, sleeping bags aren't that bad.

But yeah, I see your point. It's certainly not the same thing.