Forums » General Gaming

Games you're looking forward to in 2016

• 268 posts
    February 24, 2016 3:19 PM EST

Thought I'd make a quick discussion on this after googling and making a list about the games I'm keeping my eye out for in 2016.

For me, I've got a few;

• Dark Souls 3 - This one is obvious. Massive Souls fan here, cannot wait for April 12th, had the Deluxe Edition preordered for a while now. This is gonna be my go-to RPG unless Fallout 4's DLC can draw me back in.
    • Kingdom Come: Deliverance - This looks really interesting. A realistic RPG set in medieval Europe, first person, open world, literally everything I'd want in a game (history buff here, so realism is okay with me). Cannot wait for this.
    • For Honour - While this may not be coming out this year (as far as I know there's been no release date), I'm still hopeful. Multiplayer fighting game with knights, vikings and samurai, what's not to like?
    • Titanfall 2 - Again, not confirmed this year, but I love the original and cannot wait for the sequel. I can't imagine this being very popular on the blog though, so I won't really go on about it (as I'm liable to do if you ask me what I want in Titanfall 2)

What are you guys looking out for in 2016?

• 739 posts
    February 24, 2016 3:23 PM EST

Doom in may...

Going to bring back some good memories hopefully!

• 1467 posts
    February 24, 2016 3:32 PM EST

Well, honestly at this point it's only really Dishonored 2 and The Division, not many other games so far have interested me (Though I'll admit, the new Zelda game does have me more than a little bit interested, fully open world is going to be awesome). 

Kingdom Come does seem interesting, but it probably wouldn't be on my pre-order, or buy the day before list...Probably something I'll buy a month or two after it comes out.

For Honor is one I talked a bit about with someone and concluded that while I'm interested in the idea, it has a few mechanics which I could see not being pulled off particularly well (Mostly the combat) so I'm interested in it, I'm a little torn-up on whether I'm super excited for it. 

• 40 posts
    February 24, 2016 3:38 PM EST

Uncharted: A Thief's End!
    Huge fan of the Uncharted franchise and love Nathan Drake's character. I am hoping that April comes sooner, and half hoping it will be delayed—I'm not yet ready to say goodbye to my favorite franchise!

Ni-Oh also looks good, I haven't had a good fighting game in a while.

The Last Guardian also looks intriguing.

• 321 posts
    February 24, 2016 3:53 PM EST

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Human Revolution got me into liking the cyberpunk genre and the concept of transhumanism. So, I'll give Mankind Divided a go once it's released.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

I'm a fan of the Uncharted series. The theme song instantly gets you pump up the moment you start the game and Nathan Drake is such an interesting character.

While not being released this year and still under development, I thought it's best to mention Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Liking the idea of online tactical gameplay in a vast open world area. But so far, we only got a small look of the gameplay and the size of the area itself.

• February 24, 2016 3:57 PM EST
    Dark Souls 3 for sure. I beat Bloodborne recently and it was phenomenal. The combat itself was even more fun than DS1, in my opinion, but the bosses weren't as cool and the lack of build variety was unfortunate.

Dishonored 2 is another big one.

I've heard great things about Overwatch as well.

Oh and Banner Saga 2. Really quality lore in the first game and it felt like an actual adventure thanks to the Oregon Trail-esque sections.
    • 277 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:00 PM EST
    I still haven't got around to playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC and I'm looking forward to Mass Effect Andromeda in the winter holidays.
    • 268 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:04 PM EST
    I'm a bit too young for the Doom nostalgia, but it still looks like a good game!
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:13 PM EST

The one and only, Total War: Warhammer. (April 28th!!)

I know I have shared these trailers way too often around here, but they're just too awesome.

Here's the main trailer and here's another one that shows some of the beautiful campaign map, Grimgor Ironhide's trailer, the Orc who defeated Archaon the Everchosen and so called "Lord of the End Times" (though only after some other guys had already tired Archaon). And no, don't mention the End Times or Age of Sigmar. I'm a new Warhammer fan, but I already hate what GW did with their tabletop fantasy game series. 

I'm also looking forward to Dishonored 2...

• 268 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:15 PM EST
    Ooh yeah, Dishonoured 2 (British spelling :P) looks cool. Did you play the Division beta? It's something I never really was interested in but a few friends of mine loved the beta.
    • 268 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:16 PM EST
    The joys of being an xbox player and not having access to all these awesome PS4 exclusives :(
    • 268 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:17 PM EST
    The new Deus Ex does sound pretty cool, I'll probably pick that up since I love stealth games.
    • 268 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:20 PM EST
    DS3 looks like the best of all soulsborne games. The combat looks like a perfect balance of the previous games, and some of the new mechanics (or old mechanics revised from Demon's Souls) look really interesting (particularly all the weapon art/magic system).

Overwatch also looks great - can't wait to get that on Xbox One.
    • 268 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:21 PM EST
    Sucks to be a console pleb this year... First XCOM and now TW... :(
    • 649 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:22 PM EST

I don´t have idea what games will be coming out this year, I haven´t seen any interesting RPGs mentioned yet anywhere, but I have one thing I look forward to. 

Witcher 3 DLC - Blood and Wine. I´ve been waiting for a chance to jump back into witcher and this certainly got me excited. 

I´ve just skimmed through the list of games people here are looking forward to and nothing really interests me. But Noodles mentioned ME: Andromeda and that´s something I´m really looking forward to, I´m just not sure if we´ll really see it this year. 

• 622 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:46 PM EST

Pokken Tournament! This is the only thing (so far) that I'm interested in that's been announced and as a long-term Pokemon nut, you can bet I'm keen!

Though, I did lie. Uncharted 4 is gaining my interest but it's been a while since I played the games. Might pick it up at a later date 

• 1467 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:49 PM EST

I haven't played the Beta yet (I've got a feeling I'm downloading it now for no reason, just like the Battlefront Beta) but what I know about the game interests me more than any other shooter coming out, mostly because of the RPG and Environmental factors.

Though, I will admit to being a pretty big FPS/TPS fan, not enough to play enough to be competitive but I am pumped for just about anything that's announced. Black Ops 3 has so far actually stolen my attention, it's been awhile since I played a CoD game that I didn't rush through.

• 627 posts
    February 24, 2016 5:03 PM EST

Fire Emblem Fates (the since we don't have it in Australia yet) is definitely on the top of my list.

I'm hoping that Dark Souls 3 can hook me like the first one did, fingers crossed.

• 773 posts
    February 24, 2016 5:09 PM EST

The masses have already voted on this

• 70 posts
    February 24, 2016 5:28 PM EST

Mass Effect Andromeda is the only game released this year that I will definitely get - I loved ME3 especially the multiplayer on the 360, and I have heard that Andromeda will have a similar multiplayer (although I will of course play through the story as well!)

• 1467 posts
    February 24, 2016 6:37 PM EST

I'm so looking forward to Blood and Wine, as long as I can get it around when it comes out I'll probably play through the game again (Gotta play my Archer/Bomber build again). 

Though, if they do it the same way as Hearts of Stone I might just playthrough it without going through the rest of the game. I think the idea of starting at the DLC is a really awesome idea (I'm going to do that with HoS soon).

• 54 posts
    February 24, 2016 9:18 PM EST

61 people have something different, not all of them shared it, surely?

• 288 posts
    February 25, 2016 8:06 AM EST

I'm one of 15 waiting for Torment.

#feelingelite

• 649 posts
    February 25, 2016 8:24 AM EST
    I think I voted for Torment too. Can I be in your elite team of cool kids too, Overhate? xD
    • 288 posts
    February 25, 2016 8:32 AM EST