Forums » Fallout

Fallout 4: 1.4 Beta Patch available

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 22, 2016 9:58 PM EST

As we approach the Ides of March*, Bethesda is starting to prepare the ground for the incoming batch of DLC and has announced that the beta for patch 1.4 is coming for Fallout 4. Steam users can subscribe to it right away, and for console players, you can already have an idea on what to expect of it.

The patch is focused on bug/glitch fixes, but we'll also be getting support for add-ons and a few new features centered around settlement customization. Yep, sorry, no Survival Mode yet. But that means we'll likely get the 1.5 patch alongside the first DLC, Automatron. So that's a score, right?

New Features
    Support for add-ons
    Additional art customization added to Workshop:

• Super Mutant clutter including meat totems, meat bags and meat cart
    • Raider clutter including raider poles, cages and tents
    • Abstract and portrait paintings
    • Variety of new signs
    • More metal and wood doors variants

Reading makes you stronger.

Thoughts?

*No, as far as I know there's nothing Falloutyish happening exactly on March 15th. I just really like the sound of it. "Ides of March". However, if you are a Total War fan like me (who has also recently fallen in love with Warhammer Fantasy), we're likely to get information on the Vampire Counts factions for the upcoming Total War: Warhammer. I hope Mannfred rocks, though, clearly, Tomb Kings Dwarfs master race.

Personal note: I apologize, but I still haven't had the time to answer to my own previous discussion. I'll hopefully get some free time tomorrow and tend to my unfinished business over there.

• 1441 posts
    February 22, 2016 10:04 PM EST

I personally prefer 40K to Fantasy, but thats because I know more about 40K, except the Chaos Gods kind of nuked the Fantasy verse from what I recall

• 485 posts
    February 22, 2016 10:32 PM EST

Looking forward to adding some meat carts to my settlements. 

• 1217 posts
    February 23, 2016 11:35 AM EST
    I wonder if this heralds any other types of settlement re-purposive. I can't think of much use for the mutant or raider clutter, except maybe for settlements only the Sole Survivor uses. They're the only one that can do anything particularly raider-esque.
    • 1441 posts
    February 23, 2016 12:06 PM EST

You can dress your settlers like Raiders

• 773 posts
    February 23, 2016 2:18 PM EST

I assume it is paving the way for the 2nd DLC pack - it adds arena combat, cages for captured foes etc. 

That's where the Raider and Super Mutant clutter will come in handy 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:24 PM EST

Yeah, that's... what happened. And it pissed off 99.99% WFB' fans. A guy even burned his collection (and GW' stuff is expensive, luckily the closest store to me is somewhere in Florida so I don't buy anything from them). I would never burn $900, but that shows people were pissed.

I'm not into 40k, it's too futuristic to my taste. However, I do like the Space Marines' concept/backstory.

• 1217 posts
    February 24, 2016 6:17 PM EST

True! Being able to turn your settlements into brutal combat arena's, that's real raider material.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 24, 2016 6:52 PM EST

Did you guys see that? I missed it before, but it'll be pretty sweet to have a proper Police station now (together with the new robot system coming along with Automatron. Hope we can have Protectrons!) and a Salon.

• 1441 posts
    February 24, 2016 6:54 PM EST

Image is broken

• 1467 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:00 PM EST

I think it's just you still Chris...

• 622 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:01 PM EST

No it's not.