Forums » Fallout

Fallout 4 If It Had More Than Four Pixels

• 133 posts
    February 22, 2016 7:59 PM EST

"I’ve always been fascinated with the post-apocalyptic genre in general. As a result I'm naturally drawn to games like Fallout, Metro 2033, Underrail, etc but despite this I realized I'd never attempted to do a post-apocalyptic scene. As Fallout 4 is nearing its release date, I thought it would be cool to do some sort of fan art, as a homage to one of my favorite game series. The reason I chose the vault entrance in particular was that I felt it was just so iconic in the game's universe, the vault door opening being the last thing a player sees before entering the wasteland. The original designs for the vault door and its opening mechanism also intrigued me, I was always fascinated by its design and really wanted to recreate it in my own way, getting everything to look as though it could actually work, while trying to maintain the classic fallout design elements."

~Robert Stephens, Senior Environment Artist, Cloud Imperium Games

So I discovered something beautiful over the weekend, and it is this. Robert Stephens single handedly recreated a vault entrance in CryEngine, the same tool used to create the beautiful, benchmark setting Crysis games. I think I was almost brought to tears by the fact that I was looking at a non-Creation Kit Fallout 4. 

Of note: the fact that he didn't use any existing models or concept art to make the objects, just a ton of screenshots and even more time. 

Thoughts? Comment Below.

In case anyone doesn't want to open a new tab to view this, I'll add some of the screenshots below:

• 133 posts
    February 23, 2016 7:59 PM EST

Dunno if this is against site rules but giving this a lil bump because like nobody saw it lol.

• 1441 posts
    February 23, 2016 8:31 PM EST

Holy crap that looked sick

• 133 posts
    February 23, 2016 8:38 PM EST

Just imagine Diamond City or the Prydwyn like this...shivers down my spine