Forums » Fallout

What are your orders, tin man?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 21, 2016 2:39 PM EST

You are now a Brotherhood of Steel Elder, in charge of an entire Chapter of the most iconic faction in the Fallout world. You can choose where that Chapter is located in North America. It can be a new branch of the Brotherhood or one of the existing ones - Mojave, Eastern Brotherhood (Commonwealth and Capital Wasteland), Midwest, Montana or the original Chapter in Lost Hills, California).

If it's an entirely new Chapter, you can also decide its history and situation: How powerful is it? Do you keep in touch with the High Elder and the Council in Lost Hills? How was your chapter founded? Who is your enemy? What do you fight for? How did you become its leader?

If you choose an existing Chapter, you can decide how you became an Elder,how you changed the Brotherhood, everything you have done with it and what your plans are.

Need help? The Vault has a Fallout Lore article about the Brotherhood of Steel, courtesy of Borommakot.

Time to show them who's boss.

Now that you have the pen in your hand, what do you do with the power that has been given to you?

• 1441 posts
    February 21, 2016 2:55 PM EST

Hmm, interesting. Let me think it over

• 1595 posts
    February 22, 2016 4:39 AM EST

Haven't a clue about the details or know enough to think of something clever even though Borom's article is the dog's nuts. That said, I would probably really push that knightly theme they've got going on. We'd need a terrible Fallout facsimile of a castle, maybe put that tech to use and build some fusion powered steeds from the remains of the motorbikes you see rusting around the wastes. It'd be cool if there was like a power lance or something

But what about you Mr Edd? You gonna share what you'd do?

• 133 posts
    February 22, 2016 8:07 PM EST

Will definitely be giving this a run-through. Give me a day to think way too much about this and I'll be back with a couple of paragraphs.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 24, 2016 3:55 PM EST

@Phil

Assuming it's actually me, knowing everything I know including information about the Fallout world, I'd choose to become the Elder of the Mojave Chapter. I would then proceed to the New Vegas Strip as soon as possible and make a deal with the best hope for humanity in the Mojave (and, for now, the West Coast), Mr. House, all the while I'd be completely cutting down ties with the formal Brotherood of Steel while convincing as many Scribes as I can to accompany me in my journey to Vegas and we would all work together with the man to achieve a better future.

However, in a more "in character" type of option: East Coast Chapter. Me, having been originally a member of the Outcast Brotherhood of Steel back in D.C, am now a loyal soldier in Maxson's new, reformed Brotherhood, feeling he has returned the Chapter to the true "Way of Steel", West Coast style.

I would not betray my Brothers in an attempt to reach the top, so I wouldn't do anything pety to become the Elder, and would instead focus on following orders and working with my companions, as a true Brotherhood should.

Eventually, if I did become an Elder – only after Maxson returned to D.C and left the Commonwealth Chapter under my command, for notorious and loyal services to the Brotherhood - I would establish a second Eastern BoS Headquarter. I would choose to reinforce the surroundings of the Mass Fusion building (the tallest building in FO4) and make the Commonwealth base of operations there.

I would also occupy the Castle and make it a minor outpost from which I could launch expeditions to the Glowing Sea with a reduced cost. Imagine the technologies hidden in there. It’s untouched pre-war stuff. I would make my Brothers proud.

You know, I actually like this second option a lot more.

• 1217 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:08 PM EST

Alamo BoS here I come! After some appropriate historical mumbo jumbo, post FONV, our Chapter is established in the heart of the old Texas Commonwealth(I'm the first Elder; feeling the burn). Eking out a life in the desert region, our mission is to recover the wealth of Air Force training technology and any space program intel the former U.S. military housed in the region. Between Texas' mutated wildlife (15ft two-rattlesnakes? Steely-clawed descendants of cougars?), a low stock of power armor and a research oriented mission, the Chapter is skewed towards scribes, and as a result, the scribes have come to rival the Chapter's paladins in terms of combat proficiency.

We make use of a crawler as a headquarters, that was formerly a sister base to a crawler in Florida. To make up for our lack of Power Armor, we have a small fleet of working Army APCs that, in addition to protection, give us some much needed range and mobility. Texas has not been a fruitful ground for recovering weapons tech, so energy weapons are few and far between and reserved for armored paladins.

Following the events of FO3, and the spreading news of what took place at Adams AFB, the Brotherhood is keenly interested in upping its air game, but Texas seems dead set on keeping us grounded. Not only is the environment predictably harsh, there is local opposition; a generations old splinter from the Desert Rangers known as the Diamondbacks who took to applying their survival skills and training to taking what they pleased. Where they aren't firmly entrenched in their strongholds, they have an iron grip on the peaceful communities that dot the Wasteland, through intimidation and manipulation. We didn't have anything personal against them, but they actively work to undermine us, so we've been drawn into an ongoing campaign against them. So now we fight as much to unseat these assholes as to recover our tech.

Our motto: "Walk with steel; walk in strength."

• 1595 posts
    February 25, 2016 10:34 PM EST

That's well thought out Mister Mr and sounds like a good strategy. Would a GECK work on the Glowing Sea?

• 26 posts
    February 26, 2016 1:39 PM EST

How far down south has the Brotherhood gone? 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 28, 2016 1:11 PM EST

Good question, but we can't be certain. I wouldn't bet on it working, but regardless, I would also be against trying it on the first place. There are too few GECK kits to waste them in an experiment with such high chances of failure.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 28, 2016 1:27 PM EST

Damn that's some great background, blog material even! It made me want a Fallout Texas even more.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 28, 2016 1:27 PM EST

California. But feel free to go further!

• 26 posts
    February 28, 2016 1:33 PM EST

I was thinking of somewhere is the deep south, Louisiana or Georgia.From my limited experience of the Fallout series(I've only played 3, NV, and 4), it's mainly stayed out west and up north. I've always wanted to see what the south looks liked after a nuclear apocalypse. 

• 1217 posts
    February 28, 2016 3:17 PM EST
    Maybe someday! It'd be way fun.