February 22, 2016 11:56 AM EST

I don't think I can handle seeing many more boring Skyrim screenshots

Don't be an ass man. 

• 739 posts
    February 22, 2016 12:05 PM EST

Freedom of speech man.

• 773 posts
    February 22, 2016 12:05 PM EST

Listen, if you can think of a poll about Skyrim that we haven't already done at least twice, then I'm all ears

In the absence of that, we make polls on whatever is current - which means Fallout 4, and the odd snippet that Bethesda throw our way...

• February 22, 2016 12:24 PM EST

Mason has always struck me as more of a tits man, actually.

• February 22, 2016 12:24 PM EST

I suspect one will be something kind of gimmicky that doesn't really pan out. Like the Bethesda version of that Playstation Wii-mote thing. Not sure on the other two ideas. Open world seems obvious since they said it's Bethesda-style.

• 13 posts
    February 22, 2016 12:25 PM EST
    Oh hell yes
    • 277 posts
    February 22, 2016 12:31 PM EST

I call it bullshit, but whatever you say. Just think that a lot of those who post Skyrim screenshots are on this site because of your work. 

• 739 posts
    February 22, 2016 12:38 PM EST

Indeed.

• 739 posts
    February 22, 2016 12:42 PM EST

No bullshit man, I genuinely do feel that way...

If I did inspire then that's great, but its been four years now so I like to hope the site plans to evolve because I see myself losing interest and leaving if it doesn't. Not something I want to do...

• 288 posts
    February 22, 2016 1:04 PM EST

Nah, don't get me wrong. I agree Skyrim is more or less a thing of the past and site has to move on.

I guess what I'm really wondering here is does it have to be an expansion only into other Bethesda games just because Bethesda is by chance doing ES (of which Skyrim is a part) or is it (possibly) better to expand into a general gaming site with focus on games that interest the already established community. For example, I feel like some of the Bioware games do beat Fallout in terms of site community interest; the Witcher also seems to be a popular series around here (even if I don't like it that much.

And, of course, the latter would mean reflecting all major gaming announcements equally and not just the ones by Todd Howard.

But I'm just asking, not trying to start any revolutions or something; I'm too lazy for that

• 288 posts
    February 22, 2016 1:10 PM EST

Lol, as we say here in my part of the world - Mason is mean but honest

He does have a point about the screenshots, though. Atm we're "limited" to only posting screenshots related to Skyrim and Fallout 4. A lot of us (probably) are currently playing other games and, having build some ties to this community, would probably want to share some shots.

• 277 posts
    February 22, 2016 1:35 PM EST
    I also genuinely think that Fallout 4 sucks balls hard, like deep throat. Still, I don't give a mean look to people who post screenshots or other content related to it. If they enjoy it, good for them. :)
    • 739 posts
    February 22, 2016 1:55 PM EST

Lol, sorry if I ruffled your truffles Noodles...

Wasn't intentional 

• 739 posts
    February 22, 2016 2:02 PM EST

"Sowing the seeds of love.......the seeds of love....."

• 277 posts
    February 22, 2016 2:03 PM EST

I had to post this, sorry! 

• 1467 posts
    February 22, 2016 2:41 PM EST
    Well good thing people can post that stuff in the Gaming Corner if they want, make an art board for a game your playing and upload screenshots as long as you want.

Oh, and Mason, technically Dishonored isn't a Bethesda game, they just published it
    • 8 posts
    February 22, 2016 4:26 PM EST

I don't know...TESVI could be one of the three, I hope that, after releasing Wolfenstein the New Order and the new DOOM. they decide to make a new Quake.

It's  impossible,but dreaming it's free A fallout MMORPG?

• 622 posts
    February 22, 2016 4:50 PM EST

It amazes me how many people say, "Lol, it's ES6!" when it's very clear that it's not... 

I predict they are doing the next TES, but it will be another little while!

• 1467 posts
    February 22, 2016 6:17 PM EST

Well...Personally I have to say, that I have no idea what they could be cooking up. The idea of a new IP is interesting (and 3 of them) so I'd assume they'd go somewhere a bit different than Fallout/Elder Scrolls

So, my first guess would be something modern, they've got the Medieval (ish) fantasy and the Apocalyptic Future, so I'm hoping we'll get a, Bethesda version of the Sims,  more modern setting, which would probably mean a FPS.

Other then that, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Sci-Fi space adventure going on, something on the scope of Mass Effect or KotOR but you know...with more bugs and more open world.

Eh and as my third dart hits the board, I guess I'm going with underwater, just an entire game that takes place underwater, and land becomes the place you occasionally go to get some really awesome treasure, but your also probably going to die. I think this would allow them a lot more freedom, because lets be real, how many underwater Fantasy games have you played? Personally, I haven't played many.

But this is all speculation, I'd love ES6 (But at the moment I'm honestly more pumped for Legends) but I know that's incredibly unlikely so I'll wait. 

• 295 posts
    February 22, 2016 8:00 PM EST

I will probably request an exorcism at some point. 

• 1467 posts
    February 22, 2016 8:06 PM EST

Bah, we have at least 5 more regions to visit properly (Morrowind fully, Hammerfall, Orsinium, High Rock fully, Valenwood, Summerset, Black Marsh and Elsweyr, plenty of places), and let's be real. There are still at least a dozen Daedric Princes that need to invade Tamriel, we have plenty of time 

• 295 posts
    February 22, 2016 8:10 PM EST

Like I saids, I really want these sad thoughts to go away, but they're nots. 

• 1467 posts
    February 22, 2016 8:24 PM EST

Well...ESO had to set-up for something right? Why have such a complicated story about the starting of the Thalmor, Aldmeri Dominion, etc. which they started setting up in Skyrim without continuing it.

I say we get at least 2 games to set up the Daggerfall and Ebonheart. Plus Skyrim is (I think, it's one of the best selling games ever) Bethesda's best selling game, they'd be fools not to capitalize on the success there. 

• 641 posts
    February 23, 2016 5:47 AM EST

After making the same games for years on end people are going to want to do something else.

• 1217 posts
    February 23, 2016 4:37 PM EST

I don't think this means TES VI is taking a back seat. Seems more like just an announcement that they're working on new things. Is it reasonable to think they're working on that many games at once? I dunno, I'm not a dev. But I can't see them shelving TES VI for years in order to finish this new stuff. But I'm all for new IPs.