Forums » The Lounge

The Dibellan Rites

• 649 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:48 AM EST

I would like to point out that Orcs say "I´m just pulling your tusk." instead of "pulling your leg".

I always believed that tusks are serious thing for Orcs, and this really confirms it. So who here has bigger tusks than me?! 

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:48 AM EST

That's probably the Ordiantors true job role and explains why nobody likes them and why they are so grumpy. Every time they enforce it they curse Vivec.

• 321 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:50 AM EST

It's a surprise that the Orc with the biggest tusk doesn't get to be Chief or have wives.

• 622 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:51 AM EST

We all know Henson has the biggest tusk 

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:54 AM EST

Hmm, but how do they do it? They sneak into people's houses and spy on them? 

• 649 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:56 AM EST

I think that comparing "tusks" isn´t as bloody as killing old chief...at least I hope so... 

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:57 AM EST

I agree. It's all there, in game!  DB and Karver were telling me about Morihaus' erection and Pelinal's homosexuality the other day. If I had time I would mention it here.

Also - and maybe you are the right woman for the job (pardon the pun) - but the sex scene in the Real Barenziah and it's mention of Khajiiti phallic barbs is worthy of an in-depth look too.

There was one more but hell I forget. Oh yeah, I remember: I AM CYRODIIL COME and the hidden meaning behind the intention. The oog book is called The Shonni-etta.

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:57 AM EST

The wise women probably won't let it happen) When there's a war, the size of one's... whatever is the last thing that matters)))

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:59 AM EST

See, you're imagining it. I didn't need any pictures after all.

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:00 AM EST

Wait, haven't we been down this road? I remember a certain piece of fan fic...

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:00 AM EST

Whoa! Who would think such thing about Lorkhan... If only the Nords knew)))

• 321 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:01 AM EST

*Spews coffee* Pelinal's homo!?  I demand an explanation.

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:03 AM EST

So who here has bigger tusks than me?! 

Thorien. Or is it just me she's better than in your eyes? I'll remember that, my "friend"

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:03 AM EST

This Justiciar has a very vivid imagination. Too vivid for her own good

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:09 AM EST

No time, I gotta go bed and get 5 hours sleep at least. Ask DB or Karver gro-Karves.

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:11 AM EST

Huh?

I hope it's a metaphor XD

• 1467 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:17 AM EST

Great Phil, leave it to us 

To sum it up, MK had originally wrote lines in the Song of Pelinal, well I'll just link you to something from the man himself

The line changed from something like "a hoplite who Pelinal often shared a tent with at night" to "a hoplite who Pelinal loved well".  (MK comments)

This, along with a line discussing...uh sexual themes between Moruhaus and Pelinal (something about Morihaus getting an erection at the sight of Pelinal...it's weird, blame Phil that I know this).

But it was changed for Player Choice in the end, the editors or whoever decided that leaving Pelinal's sexuality up to the player made it easier for people to be in character. 

• 649 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:31 AM EST

He´s referring to something I said to him in private. It was basicaly something like "Thorien has bigger balls than you, Phil." Basicaly... 

• 295 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:35 AM EST

HAHA, this is sooooo awesome. I actually had theories on Pelinal's sexuality and the sexuality of Dragons. Oh, this ties together nicely. And it doesn't have to be per homosexuality per se even, Vivec himself was a hermaphrodite. And again, since Morihaus borrows much from Greek mythology, Greek and Roman practices of pederasty may come into play. Greeks and Romans who practiced still have wives.  

Haha, mebbe I am the woman for the job. *sighs*

• 1467 posts
    February 14, 2016 6:43 AM EST

Feel free to research as much about Elder Scrolls sexuality as you want Lissette  

I'm happy with my Deities over here, you know, the normal stuff...Dear, it's an odd day that I finally said  the Elder Scrolls deities are normal, perhaps I'm too far into Lore 

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 7:08 AM EST

Whoa, why so? I never thought I make such an impression XD

• 295 posts
    February 14, 2016 7:21 AM EST

No, I don't think he needs to be one or the other, more sexually ambivalent, perhaps. Besides, we've established elsewhere that gods can morph genders, Syrabane anyone? So, in my eyes, it stands to reason that their avatars may regard sex and sexuality a bit differently. In a scene with Morihaus, when he warns Morihause about his growing love for Alessia, he clearly calls themselves Ada, spirits. 

Reman Cyrodiil and Tiber Septim had sexual relations with women and they are also, arguably avatars of Lorkhan. Lorkhan/Shor was married to Kyne. Pelinal is an avatar of Lorkhan and Morihaus is reputed to be an avatar of Kyne. The symbolic attraction, would be present. 

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 8:11 AM EST

This is even more awesome))))

• 95 posts
    February 14, 2016 10:57 AM EST
    See, this is why I like Dragon Age. No comparing tusks, no comparing spears, no comparing Khajiit phallic barbs, and the characters will just TELL you their sexuality.

DO the Khajiit compare their phallic barbs, I wonder?
    • 54 posts
    February 14, 2016 2:57 PM EST