Forums » Fallout

What's In Your Fallout 4 DLC Wishlist??

• 485 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:14 AM EST

Lets discuss and share what we want to see in Fallout 4's DLC. What I'd like to see are additional factions as well as expanding on existing factions.

Topping my list is a joinable raider group. I feel like we're lacking a faction that caters to the bloodthirsty savage types out there. Id like to see more interaction with the gunners (aside from killing them wholesale). It'd be nice to be able to join them. Id also like to be able to join/interact more with the Children of Atom. But enough about my wish list. What's in your wish list?

• 1441 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:29 AM EST

Hmm, craftable bows/crossbows. More perks. Perhaps a sort of Gun Runner's style DLC. Also, expanded areas with quests

• 207 posts
    February 12, 2016 4:45 AM EST

Chainsaws!

Generally more melee/unarmed weapons and mods. I think they were quite lacking in comparison to the ranged weapons.

• 773 posts
    February 12, 2016 6:57 AM EST

Lots of things   

1. Some way to be truly evil in the game

2. Factions that don't tie into the main quest in any way

3. Overhaul and enhancements to Settlement building, 

4. A wider range of melee weapons

5, More unarmed weapons to make unarmed viable

6. More radio stations or a wider selection songs on Diamond City Radio

Those are a few that come to mind

• 98 posts
    February 12, 2016 10:48 AM EST
    Just something that expands more on factions post-ending. If you are a Sentinel of the Brotherhood, you can do some high risk missions in the name of the BoS. If you are the Director of the Institute you can actually make some changes around the place and shape it as you see fit. I ain't asking for much, I just don't want the ending of the main questline to be so damn hollow.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 12, 2016 11:16 AM EST

Yep, I agree with everyone here. Specially when it comes to better and new factions, expanded questlines like we had in the Broken Steel DLC for Fallout 3 and obviously new areas. 

We are seriously lacking a truly evil, joinable faction and a wider range of morally questionable decisions to be made. A raider group would be perfect, and as for the Gunners, I always felt they would have been a great fifth faction - screw everyone else, I'm in it for myself, just like the Independent path in New Vegas.

• 41 posts
    February 12, 2016 1:55 PM EST
    Always felt the same with gunners. I remember running away from them once because I didn't want to risk not being able to join them... Then I realized you can't :( It was also lacking the "disguise" effects of NV
    • 1441 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:03 PM EST

Well, spoilers for the Railroad, there is one quest where you can disguise yourself

• 41 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:08 PM EST
    I may make another play through for that >.> so far I've beaten the game as the institute and gotten about halfway through the bos
    • 485 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:23 PM EST

**Lets be mindful of spoilers. Not everyones had a chance to complete the main story**

As far as places to explore Id like to see more of the neighboring cities near Boston. Im talking about places like Randolph, a quaint suburb south of Boston mentioned only in the safehouse quests (I used to live there ). Places like Avon, Dorchester, Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod and Brookline come to mind. Id also like to explore neighboring states. Places like New York are at the top of my list.  

Id also like them to delve deeper under ground. One thing I liked in FO3 that is somewhat lacking in FO4 is an intricate, interconnected subway system. It was fun getting lost down there. And lets make it interesting too. Lets have some terrifying unique creature dwelling down below these ancient subway ruins. 

Id love to see them delve more into the ocean. So much of Boston lies submerged in irradiated waters. It would be awesome to explore the deep. And again, is it too much to ask to have some insane terrifying creature waiting down below for us?

• 485 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:30 PM EST

Speaking of non mainstory tied factions, I got an idea that would be awesome for Bethesda to implement. Imagine the Talon Company from FO3 expanding into the Commonwealth and starting a turf war with the Gunners. You'd have a choice of joining either the gunners, the talons, or doing the sensible thing and killing both of those assholes. 

• 1441 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:32 PM EST

The Big Apple could be interesting. Perhaps a Planet of the Apes reference with the Statue of Liberty

• 485 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:36 PM EST

When you really think about it though, the Institute can easily be seen as evil. Theyre just evil with a nice smile and a pleasant demeanor. But I get what you're saying in the end. Id like to see more joinable factions that dont have any ties to the main story because realistically not everyone in the commonwealth is going to care about the synth dilemma. 

In addition to evil factions, the the more blatantly obvious sense of the word, Id like to see more benevolent factions included. I liked the Followers of Apocalypse quite a bit, and would love to see them in FO4. 

• 1441 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:47 PM EST

True, I mean, the whole replacing peopel with androids and trying to make a super soldier serum, as well as their ¨ends justify the means¨ ideals could either place them in a very dark grey area morally, or straight into black. 

• February 12, 2016 3:06 PM EST

"Evil" is just a word we use to describe actions or beliefs we see as wrong. But those aren't universal, and we (both as individuals and as societies) are constantly reevaluating what we once saw as immutable and objective. Personally, I see the Institute as an example of True Neutral, an organization that just doesn't care about anything other than furthering their own research. That leads them to do some pretty questionable things, but they also are capable of doing a lot of good. I certainly see more potential for progress from them than the fanatics of the Brotherhood of Steel.

• February 12, 2016 3:07 PM EST
    • 98 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:10 PM EST
    They could bring back that underwater vault quest that they cut off.
    • 1913 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:37 PM EST
    Exactly, like in NV my Las character had very good karma... And was part of the legion.
    . Paragon of righteousness... Sides with sexist slavers... Hmmmm....
    • 1441 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:40 PM EST

I mean, you can basically play as a well intentioned guy who wants the best for the Wasteland, or Albert Wesker fused with Doctor Josef Mengele on steroids

• 26 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:56 PM EST

That sounds epic! Or maybe somehow combine the two and you can either control them or send em packing. OR, like you said, just shoot em.

• 26 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:58 PM EST

More armor and clothing sets? Like gloves or masks? Or even bringing season changes? Like a nuclear winter.

• 1441 posts
    February 12, 2016 4:03 PM EST

There are some masks, a surgical mask would work with certain characters

• 1441 posts
    February 12, 2016 4:05 PM EST

That would be epic, maybe throw in the Regulators

• 26 posts
    February 12, 2016 4:06 PM EST

This may sound like the dumbest idea I've ever said(believe me, it's hard to count at this point), but how about duel wielding?  Mainly pistols, but perhaps knives as well? Or even handheld crossbows? What do y'all think?   

• 26 posts
    February 12, 2016 4:10 PM EST

I was thinking more of something like ski masks, something that covers the majority of your face. Say your character was a former thief Pre-War, and want's to take up the old profession again. But now that i think of it, you do have the bandanna's and even a old fashioned gas mask and assault mask.