Forums » The Lounge

All Men Cheat??

• 668 posts
    April 1, 2012 1:33 AM EDT

So, I'm having this discussion with my Great Aunt about cheating and she tells me that without a doubt every single man cheats on his wife/girlfriend at some point in the relationship (sometimes several points.) She went on to tell me this story about my Uncle Bob, who all of us have always revered as a saint, cheating on her during the Second World War with a French prostitute. Now my sister and I were just floored by this revelation as we always thought they had a pretty damned perfect marriage and seem to outright adore each other. I NEVER would have thought in a lifetime that my uncle would have ever cheated on my Aunt. He is without a doubt the most honest, dependable, sweet person I know. I just wonder if you guys have any thoughts on this. Do you think it's true that all men are predisposed to cheating or do you think that is not the case? Be honest in your answer please. I am truly interested in it.

• 133 posts
    April 1, 2012 1:36 AM EDT

all humans are cheaters - men are humans - therefore... And women too...

• 15 posts
    April 1, 2012 1:39 AM EDT

Only most of us. I would never do that to someone I truly love and I would never be with someone whom I didn't truly love there for I would not be inclined to cheat...but I really don't think saying this will persuade you to believe that not all of us are cheaters.