Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls 6 where should the setting be?

• 39 posts
    January 25, 2016 9:48 PM EST

Personally I think it should occur in part or all of the provinces. this is because it gives new players who have never played any of the game to expince all eight cultures.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 25, 2016 11:13 PM EST

I'm not very fond of the idea of the next TES being set in the entire continent. It's better if their focus is centered in one province at a time, so it can be a lot more detailed in every aspect: lore, geography and story.

As to where they should set it, I hope they do it in Hammerfell, it's the only kind of setting we haven't had yet (we had swamps in other games). Plus, it would make sense they'd finish the northern provinces before moving on to the southern ones. (High Rock would still be missing; I'd like a game there too)

• 1441 posts
    January 25, 2016 11:22 PM EST

Or Rlsweyr. And we had most of it in Daggerfall

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 25, 2016 11:24 PM EST

Aye, but that was before Morrowind's innovation.

• January 26, 2016 1:05 PM EST

I'm still of the opinion that we're likely to see TES:VI set within the Aldmeri Dominion, probably during a time of upheaval as people rebel against the Thalmor. The Summerset Isle would be a very different environment than Skyrim, and the high magick presence allows you to do a lot of weird stuff with unnatural animals and situations. The only question is how you justify having so many non-Altmer there, when the Thalmor's whole deal is racial purity.

• 1441 posts
    January 26, 2016 1:11 PM EST

Perhaps your character could have been captured as a rebel spy?

• 641 posts
    January 26, 2016 1:40 PM EST

I think it's far to early to be going to the Summerset Isle, I mean we have only seen Skyrim since the war. Summerset should be the last place we go.

• January 26, 2016 1:43 PM EST

Given how long it takes us to get one TES game, I'm not sure if I want to wait until 2034 before seeing it.

• 1441 posts
    January 26, 2016 1:47 PM EST

Perhaps we could see the 2nd Great War, with you being captured as an Imperial, or Aldmeri spy, depending on the race you choose, in Valenwood

• 95 posts
    January 26, 2016 7:39 PM EST

That's kinda forcing you to pick sides early. I'd like it to just be imprisoned without stated cause, as always.

That period of time where there was no contact from the Isles does suggest upheaval; stands to reason it could happen again.

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    January 26, 2016 7:59 PM EST

I could be wrong, but wasn't there some cleansing where most other races were killed off in the Summerset Isles? That seems like it would get rid of the race diversity and be boring, so that seems unlikely. Unless they fast-forwarded until the Thalmor are already defeated lol.

Hammerfell and Highrock I think would be cool, but I think they might shy away from those because of Daggerfall being set there.

So that leaves. . .Argonia/Black Marsh, Elsweyr, or Valenwood. Valenwood has the whole moving tree-cities thing too, maybe the devs wanted be be ambitious with the new gen consoles and see if they could run that :D

• 641 posts
    January 26, 2016 8:08 PM EST

Elsweyr during the Void Nights is where the next game needs to be set.