Forums » Fallout

Fallout's Weapon Warehouse

• 1467 posts
    January 24, 2016 8:39 PM EST

Weapons, weapons everywhere. You want a scoped Shotgun or an automatic pistol, well then damn make it yourself. You want to make that Rifle the most accurate weapon ever, well your in luck because you can.

What I'm talking about here guys, is the vast array of weapons that Fallout 4 has given us, we have hundreds of possible combinations, without even delving into Legendary Weapons and Effects.

So what are your favorite weapons and weapon combos. Personally I'm a big fan of any weapon that isn't automatic. My favorite so far was a simple 10mm pistol, they're simply an awesome weapon for those that don't like VATS.

• 1441 posts
    January 24, 2016 8:44 PM EST

One of my favorites was a poison hunting rifle, powerful/.38 reciever, and a few other things. My other is the Revolutionary Sword. Not only does it fit the region, but I love swords in post apocalyptic areas. If they had a katana, I coulld have made a Michonne build

• 700 posts
    January 24, 2016 8:50 PM EST

I've been using a Laser Rifle with a short scope for a while now. I just really enjoy semi-auto weapons with respectable fire rates, a category that the 10mm pistol falls into as well. I agree with you on that one, it's a solid piece. I haven't used a Combat Shotgun yet but I hope I enjoy it. I was rather disappointed when I found out that there's only two base shotguns in the game. I looooove me some shotgun and coming from NV's large roster, it's still a bit of an adjustment. 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 24, 2016 8:54 PM EST

I'm an old school kind of guy, so I like stylish, old and "classic" weapons, and that can also make a good mess once you shoot a ghoul in the head. A good shotgun, any kind of revolver (not pistols), repeating rifles, but really, any kind of rifle that is not fully automatic and has a wooden stock. Wood is essential to the look of a good rifle. Aesthetics matter, as far as I'm concerned.

A noble wood, preferably.  

But Fallout makes no distinction, so it doesn't really matter.

• 1467 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:00 PM EST

I have to agree with you, NV has an awesome range of base weapons that Fallout 4 just doesn't seem to be able to touch, and GRA added a tonne more. Really wish they'd taken more from NV.

I haven't used the Combat Shotgun either, I just haven't run across it yet but it is one I'm keen to grab. I forgot about Laser Weapons, personally I love the Laser Musket, especially when compared to the others, it just has that vibe that fits well with 4, and is a new, interesting weapon.

• 1441 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:05 PM EST

Some people think the LM's concept is stupid, I like it myself. I really like the Combat Shotgun

• 700 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:11 PM EST

Hopefully Bethesda has some similar to GRA lined up for Fallout 4 then! Something with lever and pump actions. That would be swell. I sure do miss ammo types too...huh.

I actually ran across one in my Laser Rifle build. Didn't have any ammo for it so I just gave it to the reporter woman. As for the Laser Musket, I have not given it as serious a look as I've been meaning to. Because yeah, I agree, it's an interesting weapon with a fitting vibe. And once I looked at the mods, it got me much more interested. It's basically the energy equivalent of a bolt action rifle but with a shot-charging mechanic. That's my understanding. 

• 1441 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:13 PM EST

Perhaps the Gun Runners may expand into the Commonwealth? You know, if dialogue is correct, the NCR has won the Second Battle for Hoover Dam

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:18 PM EST

Whaat? Where can you find that information? I hope House is still alive and well..

• 1467 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:47 PM EST

Yeah that's pretty much it, once you get upto Four-Crank it can dish out some serious damage, and it's a fairly accurate weapon once you've modded it to be.

I might actually run a Minutemen Build with it, if I didn't find them so boring and repetitive. The Gun is awesome though, you really should try it out.

• 700 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:55 PM EST

Gaahh, I know what you mean about the boring and repetitive nature of the Minute Men. It's why I stopped rolling with them, despite them being my first choice in faction. No, no I would not like to help another minuscule settlement with their feral problem. But for sure, I'll try out the Musket. 

• 1467 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:11 PM EST

It probably is stupid, but it is a nice weapon so I can forgive it for that. 

• 1467 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:13 PM EST

Really? You'd think Fallout 4 would just rip off Bioware and create some kind of Dragon Age Keep system (basically it lets you set the major events of previous games, best idea ever).

I would like to see the Gun Runners in Fallout 4, as long as I get my Katana back I'm set but it might be pointless to include the Mods, we've already got such a comprehensive system that them bringing theirs might be a tad pointless. 

• 1467 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:16 PM EST

I forgot about Revolvers, I just haven't touched them. How do they compare to 10mm's because usually I like the Revolver a lot more.

Wait, do some people pick weapons up that aren't aesthetically pleasing? Who knew  

• 1467 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:18 PM EST

Oh nice, I do like the Revolutionary Sword, well the look of it at least. I'm a sucker for a good sword, especially with the style there. Though the Shem Drowne sword looks absolutely awesome to try out (Radiation + Shock + Stun + Sword = Dead Humans) 

• 1467 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:19 PM EST

So...does anyone actually use Pipe Weapons then? To me they're just really bad looking so I don't use them, but are they actually viable for anything other than using all the ammo you get for them (seriously...It's in the thousands before getting Scrounger) 

• 700 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:27 PM EST

I picked up and immediately put down pipe weapons for a couple of reasons. First, it was waaayyy too much like Borderlands to me, and that's bad news. Second, what you said. They just don't look good! I''ll be sticking to pre-war weapons for now, it just feels much better to me. Spot on about the ammo though. Selling all my pipe-weapon ammo is actually where most of my caps come from. I will say that their stats look decent, from what I remember. 

• 1441 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:34 PM EST

Well, it makes sense, they're guns built from scratch, and many were made before the war, incase of invasions or something. 

• 700 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:47 PM EST

It does make sense that makeshift weapons would be a thing, but I suppose it's just a little jarring coming from FO3 and NV, where makeshift weapons were rarities and restricted to weapon crafting/modding only. So it almost set this precedent that the world was filled with official factory-made weapons. 

• 1483 posts
    January 24, 2016 11:16 PM EST
    Laser Rifle. Decent fire rate, accuracy, plentiful ammunition, respectable damage, easily obtainable and upgradable.
    • 1467 posts
    January 25, 2016 12:16 AM EST

I don't see why they're needed really. First, we've seen just a ridiculous amount of Pre-War weapons (I assume they were stockpiled by nations) and other then that, I see no reason why we can't have functioning factories, or regardless make weapons that are similar if not exactly the same as Pre-War Weapons.

It's not like there's no way to get Power anywhere within Fallout's universe, Hoover Dam is an extreme case, but we have working generators, the ability to harness Nuclear Energy (Remember, Fusion Cores aren't exactly the rarest thing) and plenty of Pre-War Electronics, factories and whatnot.

I can understand why they included them, but I also don't know why so far, only New Vegas has had any semblance of a working community (And I suppose Diamond City, but it feels very flawed, run down, etc.).

Also...Before the war Chris? They could make tonnes of weapons before the war, Pipe Weapons were either made after the war, or Bethesda made a ridiculous decision. 

• 1441 posts
    January 25, 2016 12:24 AM EST

No, they were made before, one of the Guns and Bullets mention the ¨Street Guns of Detroit¨ They were civilian weapons

• 1483 posts
    January 25, 2016 12:26 AM EST

Pipe weapons should've been craftable by the player. That would've given them the advantage over factory weapons which should've been more rare. 

• 700 posts
    January 25, 2016 12:35 AM EST

Agreed, I think that would have been a very balanced way to do it.