Forums » The Lounge

It's Time. Let's Talk Star Wars.

• 1441 posts
    January 22, 2016 2:59 AM EST

Yeah, and we see him act like he will as the Emperor. Oh, and the novelizations, plus two that show the events of the films from Anakin and Obi-Wan's perspectives, flesh it out more

• 649 posts
    January 22, 2016 3:16 AM EST

It is actually implied that Plageius and Sidious actually "created" Anakin. You remember how Shmi said that he had no father? When Anakin arrived on Coruscant as small boy, Plageius saw him and started freaking out, because he thought the Force has created counter balance to his attempts to shift the balance.

Only later he and Sidious start theorising that they might have actually "gave birth" to Anakin by meddling with the Force in galaxy.

I don´t know if it´s considered canon, but it´s a book describing events before Return of the Jedi - which means that anything else from there is considered not-canon now that Force Awakens rewrited it.

• 1441 posts
    January 22, 2016 3:19 AM EST

I know there's a Darth Plageius novel, d

• 1467 posts
    January 22, 2016 3:34 AM EST

I don't think it was just the acting (It was pretty terrible, as was the dialogue), a large part of it is just up to pointlessly expanding on Vaders' backstory, it's a decent story but a pointless one.

I definitely agree about Palpatine, if the entire prequel was a story of his rise to power it would have been so much more awesome, he's a much more interesting and compelling character than anyone we see, and the one that needed a deeper backstory. 

• 288 posts
    January 22, 2016 3:58 AM EST

Well, to some extent the prequels ARE a story about his rise to power. He is the main villain througout the whole series after all and he does a pretty good job about it.

• 295 posts
    January 22, 2016 5:59 AM EST

That was great. 

• 113 posts
    January 22, 2016 10:48 AM EST
    https://youtu.be/K2ScVx4mRDE To be honest... There was no episode after the 3rd one.
    • 1 posts
    February 6, 2016 3:05 PM EST

It felt like a prequel movie with more action and a very similar plot to EP:4.

Some parts I didn't like: Finn. How does a man raised to kill without mercy suddenly become the funniest guy in the galaxy (especially in life or death moments)? I had a feeling there would be a forced romance, and there was. I didn't really like the Supreme Leader or whatever his name was. The lightsaber fight was awful. It was so dark you couldn't see any emotion in the characters faces. And they zoomed in way too much. I liked the shock baton storm trooper much better. The plot was so copied from EP:4 that they even had a random old guy get killed in the beginning. The way they explained Luke made no sense. After he saved the galaxy, he tried to teach Kylo Ren, and since that didn't work, he ragequit the galaxy? A lot of the dialogue was corny and predictable, as was Scavenger Scum's force "awakenings" against Kylo Ren.

Kylo Ren was easily the best part about the movie. He wasn't just some Sith Lord jobber (sorry Dart Maul), he actually was interesting because he was trying to fill granddad's shoes. Kylo even mimicked his helmet, which was a nice touch. Scavenger scum was ok.