Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dwarven Armor - Is it Accurate?

• 393 posts
    January 10, 2016 1:30 PM EST

In my current playthrough I go without any weapon and with no armor. But if I play an archer, these bows are must have, especially for an elf)

• 273 posts
    January 10, 2016 2:14 PM EST

Zephyr Bow + Quick Shot + Paralysis Poison = GG

• 404 posts
    January 10, 2016 2:27 PM EST
    The blacksmiths just melt down Dwarven artifacts for the Metal and base the armor and some weapons on the drawings of animatronics.
    • 393 posts
    January 10, 2016 2:49 PM EST

I haven't had this bow yet. Have usually been using the Elven, than switch to Auri-El's. And damage health poison.

I like running with almost nothing though. All the equipment weighs around 20.

• 393 posts
    January 10, 2016 2:50 PM EST

Makes sence.

• 96 posts
    January 10, 2016 3:28 PM EST
    But why not using Auriels Bow instead? It does 20 dmg to mer and man and 3x the amount against the undead in a 15f radius. Same with the Sun-Fire ability.
    • 9 posts
    January 12, 2016 4:17 AM EST

I believe that it is a replica, for lack of a better word, for lore purposes anyway, but for game play purposes then it is Dwemer armor, the thing your forgetting, not everyone who plays elderscrolls knows the lore and is interested in it, maybe they are playing to get fun out of it or they just like killing things, I don't know but all i'm saying is, you need to look at this in a more gameplay aspect rather than a lore aspect. On the other hand, you do raise a good point.

• 273 posts
    January 12, 2016 11:03 AM EST

Oh trust me, I am not forgetting that, in fact one of my best friends is a Skyrim player and has no interest in the lore. 

Personally, however, I find the lore rather interesting and that is why I made this discussion in the first place.

• January 16, 2016 3:07 PM EST

Leave, and take thems fightin' words with you. This is the Elder Scrolls, a franchise that will inspire contrived lore reasons for why pausing is a thing.

• 273 posts
    January 16, 2016 4:00 PM EST

I agree!

• 273 posts
    January 16, 2016 4:37 PM EST

I see your meaning, but if that's the case then wouldn't the Dwarven Armor in Nchuad-Zel be different in appearance to other the armor made my modern smiths?

I know from a gameplay perspective it wouldn't make much sense to people that aren't lore nerds, but suppose everything in the lore was applied in-game. If so, then the only explanation for them looking alike that I can think of is that the armor in the Dwemer Ruins is used as a basic blueprint to make Dwarven Armor.

• 273 posts
    January 16, 2016 4:43 PM EST

That's a good way of thinking of it, good job.

• 273 posts
    January 16, 2016 4:48 PM EST

Oh wow, that's certainly some info I skipped over in my Dwemer lore diving, awesome stuff!

• 52 posts
    January 17, 2016 12:29 PM EST

@Singularity - Fascinating! Cool find. Out of curiosity, is this what the Dwarven Armors looked like in the past TES games. Being the fact that each game took place in a different part of the region of Tamriel, your explanation earlier describes this perfectly.

• 96 posts
    January 17, 2016 12:32 PM EST
    You know what's bad about the dwarfen armor (in Skyrim)?
    Check the boots, nuff said. They are just ridiculous big.
    • 52 posts
    January 17, 2016 1:13 PM EST

I know right!!!!