Forums » The Lounge

What are your 'guilty pleasures'?

• January 8, 2016 12:08 PM EST

Everyone's a critic, but everyone also has some things that bypass that critical barrier. Like a bad movie you always enjoy watching.

What are your guilty pleasures?

*This was like 10th image in the Google search. I'm very lazy.

• January 8, 2016 12:35 PM EST

I'll start off with the game that gave me the idea to make this thread: Life is Strange.

I've been trying to decide what I really think about this game. I think it caught me at an opportune time since I was just coming off a few rogue-lites and was really looking for something that focused on emotion over everything, including plot consistency, story conveyance (it's very "tell, don't show"), strange dialogue, and some one-dimensional characters, apparently. Those are some big flaws and yet I'm not sure if it's badly written or not.

However, I feel comfortable in saying it is effectively written. It knows the mindset it's appealing to and absolutely lives or dies on whether you're in that mindset. Most people think this game is either a masterpiece that nails the emotional tone and relatable characters or it's a horribly written mess with cringey dialogue and plot holes appealing to Tumblr bloggers.

• 207 posts
    January 8, 2016 12:36 PM EST

The Van Helsing Movie.

• 393 posts
    January 8, 2016 12:46 PM EST

I don't even know what to start the list with)) I have already confessed that I like Elenwen, what can be worse than that, lol) Ah, here. I have read all of Twilight. And I play The Sims))))

• 411 posts
    January 8, 2016 12:49 PM EST
    I watch alot of Futa hentai
    • 411 posts
    January 8, 2016 12:56 PM EST
    Theres nothing Wrong about playing the sims. The sims 3 is number 2 of my favorite simulation game lists.

Unless its different in Russia
    • 273 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:00 PM EST

Relatable.

• 393 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:07 PM EST

Wow I'm not alone!))) The Sims 3 is one of my favorite too, along with Skyrim and some old stuff like Silent Hill.

People say that only dumb blondes play the Sims, don't know if it's only in Russia that they say so. Just like they say that only dumb blondes and teenage girls read Twilight, and I'm way too old to be considered one of the latter... Lol))

• 393 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:08 PM EST

I bet everyone have done it at least once)))

• 411 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:09 PM EST
    i mostly Play to Slaughter the Sims. I sometimes throw a party in game invite EVERYONE get rid of the door and experiment on them.
    • 411 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:14 PM EST
    I dont thank that Watching Anime Girls with Male and Female Genitals have sex is normal.
    • 273 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:16 PM EST

Well it's becoming more and more of a norm, it's not as abnormal as other fetish stuff. Besides, if everyone was into the same thing then nobody would have a unique taste.

• 393 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:16 PM EST

Lol) I sometimes do that too) Most of the time I just make stories though)

• 393 posts
    January 8, 2016 1:22 PM EST

What is normal in our world? Everyone is crazy in their own way)) As long as you know where the fantasy ends and reality begins, you are perfectly normal, no matter what you like to watch.

• 1441 posts
    January 8, 2016 2:10 PM EST

I like ponies, duh

Anyway, for me, its liking the Star Wars Prequels, first Star Wars movies I've watched 

• 393 posts
    January 8, 2016 2:55 PM EST

I must confess thst too) The Prequels aren't the first I've watched, but I like them the best, especially the first one.

• 411 posts
    January 8, 2016 3:00 PM EST
    i have nothing against the prequels as they created the greatist villian ever. And that is Jar Jar Binks
    • 1217 posts
    January 8, 2016 3:01 PM EST

No guilt on my part about loving the prequels. To be fair, they'd have to try hard to make a serious Star Wars movie I didn't like.

• 96 posts
    January 8, 2016 3:06 PM EST
    Well, the 7th could get it done.
    • 1217 posts
    January 8, 2016 3:10 PM EST

I would say mine is pre-ordering games before (and some times in spite of) reviews/demos.

• 159 posts
    January 8, 2016 3:25 PM EST

Playing Overlord 2. This game is all about being the badass fantasy bad guy! I mean you can enslave or slaughter whole towns! You can literally club baby seals! You sacrifice your minons lives to create your gear! 

• 404 posts
    January 8, 2016 3:53 PM EST

that series is great.

• 159 posts
    January 8, 2016 3:57 PM EST

Yes it's a guilty pleasure for me because you commit  such evil deeds.....I could never club a baby seal......

• January 8, 2016 5:06 PM EST
    I hope you're not implying the 7th is somehow worse than the prequels. I've seen suicide bombers with a better sense of direction.
    • 96 posts
    January 8, 2016 5:42 PM EST
    Oh noooooooo, how dare you expect something like that? :)