Forums » The Lounge

My nominations for Best Blogs.

• 133 posts
    March 30, 2012 9:18 PM EDT

I’ve been around here since January, when I decided I’d need some external feedback to enhance my experience on playing this game, and I’m glad this community is now thriving with new people and constant activity. The blogs’ section is my personal favorite – they are so diverse, sometimes funny, sometimes moving, sometimes just odd – but always interesting. Reading about the way other people are going through Skyrim’s world has really added some new and unexpected dimensions to playing this game. It’s been far more satisfactory than I had anticipated. Here are my nominations for blogs, in categories that, while seeming somewhat arbitrary, have arisen as a natural result from my reading. Sorry if I forget someone – I haven’t read all the posts yet - but remember folks, it’s not a competition, nor a career – we’re just having fun!  If you have your own categories, don’t be shy.

Best main character – Razzelas, from Au Revoir: The Story of Razzelas – Here is a deep, complex character, firmly grounded on a believable backstory and environment.

Most likely to be a Dragonborn character – Aedric, from Aedric the Hunter: The guy is a mature, self assured hero, willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. He’s proper dragonborn material.

Best blog in a foreign language and best werewolf character – The Wet Dog, from DCgamer54 blog:  If there’s a werewolf out there, he knows what I mean. You will be caught on this one, even if you don’t understand a single sentence.

Best evil character -  Azazel, from A Deal witha Dagon: Beginning his career by killing his own mother is something you have to respect in a demonchild. That boy will still bring Ragnarok someday. Even if he defeats Alduin, the world will not be safe.

Best character’s backstory – Elara, from Elara's Journeys in Skyrim, the land of her father:  Now that’s contextualization. At this point I know more about her than about my three sisters, and they’re not very private people.

Best Blog – Photoblog memories. Though I can’t avoid mentioning that resorting to multimidia is a little of an overkill. And those pics are sheer witchcraft.

• 133 posts
    March 31, 2012 7:48 AM EDT

I'm so sorry you character has died - he died, isn't it? at least that was what I had understood from your las post. I have to admit my understanding of english language is somewhat challenged by your posts. Hope you make a new character soon and share his progress with us.

• 297 posts
    March 31, 2012 7:58 AM EDT

thanks so much for your nomination Ricardo

im pleased you are enjoying the Azazel and his dark heart's desires

• 133 posts
    March 31, 2012 12:39 PM EDT

Maybe you can use one of the minstrel songs in the game to accompany the lirics you've created. Think about how cool it would be to have those lirics sung with the dragonborn melody or some other. I think it deserves a mod.

• March 31, 2012 3:20 PM EDT

This is good list! And I see I've most unread, better get to work... or I actually already started from DCgamer45!