Forums » Fallout

What do you want in Fallout 4 DLC?

• 207 posts
    January 4, 2016 2:36 PM EST

Maybe Australia, just for the mutations.

• 207 posts
    January 4, 2016 2:38 PM EST

Edit: As Beth probably fucked up the story a bit I read an interesting theory that could make a nice dlc and a ****** *****g for the game.

I don't know if i should give a link, its a guaranteed spoiler for everyone who isn't far up in the main quest.

• 1483 posts
    January 5, 2016 2:27 PM EST

A new area with a lot of pathways, and quests that reward and allow alternate playstyles other than just "go in, kill everything". Avoiding combat using Charisma, Intelligence, or other SPECIAL points/perks should be more prominent in the game IMO.

Also, weapon crafting! It's the most basic and one of the most rewarding elements of any crafting system and yet Bethesda somehow managed not to include it in their extremely elaborate crafting system. I want to create weapons from the scratch, not search the Wasteland for a laser pistol/rifle to mod. It can and should be balanced with regular crafting perks - crafting a Plasma Pistol should probably require Gun Nut 1 and Science 3 or something like that. 

Give an ability to apply unique bonuses to player-crafted weapons. Alternatives to the Legendary weapons. 

More weapons - notably pistols (which should actually look like pistols *cough* modded laser pistol *cough*). 

• January 5, 2016 2:45 PM EST

Yeah, I was thinking about it, and I think that the legendary weapon effects are what I was expecting from the crafting system. What we have is minor, percentage upgrades that are usually linear, so it's usually a "choice" where you just put the best thing you can craft/have found and then move on. I would have liked the ability to add real options like Wounding or Rad Damage to weapons.

I think weapon crafting from scratch could work, but only if the weapons you can make are things like the pipe weapons - stuff that's obviously been cobbled together post-war. It's simply not feasibly to manufacturer something like a combat rifle with the technology available. Buuuuuut, if there were "wasteland" variants of every weapon type it might be interesting. Then you could make the real weapons a lot rarer, as they should be 200+ years after they stopped being produced. Fallout has always relied too heavily on everyone and their dog possessing powerful pre-War tech that should be very rare and hard to obtain.

• 1483 posts
    January 5, 2016 3:02 PM EST

I'll be OK with that either. Some Legendary bonuses are absurd on certain guns - like Never Ending Double Barrel Shotgun  

Some weapons can be locked for the BoS or Institute factions since they are the ones with access to the most technology in the Commonwealth. I'm also suggesting to introduce a whole new crafting "station" - it can be a whole working factory for all we know. Imagine operating a manufacturing press, requiring perks to operate certain stages of the process, providing the materials for crafting etc. 

Remember the ammo press in the Pitt? Like that, but have player to be involved much more. It can be a reward for completing the DLC. 

But basic weapons, like Pipe ones, should be able to be craftable without any quests.

• January 8, 2016 8:03 PM EST
    I wonder if it would be worth it to just do an expansion that goes Full Lovecraft. There's a few hints of it in The Dunwich Borers and The Devil's Due, but a full-on creep fest in a spooky New England town might be really fun.
    • 207 posts
    January 8, 2016 8:54 PM EST

Devils Due? Do mean the House of the Cabots? I mean, Devils Due was spooky but nothing otherworldly (For Fallout Standarts)

I was so sad I couldn't get the Artifact. Would have made a nice kombo with my sacrificial machete.

But my question is: Are the Events of House of the Cabots connected? Because All the Dunwich stuff seems pretty magical, while HoC is more scientific. On the other hand it was like this in Lovecrafts stories, so who knows?

• January 9, 2016 2:48 AM EST

Well, I was mostly thinking about the atmosphere. Devil's Due is actually really spooky and affecting, and I rather wish that had been the introduction deathclaws instead of the scripted fight in Concord where you're basically set up to win.

I forgot about The Secret of Cabot House, but that's also a great example. It's got some weird s*** going on that's not totally explained, and it definitely hints at a larger universe. Maybe the town where the DLC is set has uncovered a tomb like the one Lorenzo found, and it's set off a whole mess of freaky-weird incidents that the Sole Survivor has to unravel.

• January 9, 2016 6:29 PM EST
    FALLOUT 4: SONS OF LIBERTY

Rumors reach the Commonwealth of a new warlord raising an army of raiders under a red-white-and-blue banner, based out of the old football stadium in Foxborough.

The Sole Survivor must gather their allies to repulse the invasion, then infiltrate the stronghold and deal with the threat for good.
    • 41 posts
    January 11, 2016 12:44 AM EST
    Puppy power armor so dogmeat can look as cool as the wanderer :p
    • 41 posts
    January 11, 2016 12:59 AM EST
    That an MGS reference?
    • 1441 posts
    January 11, 2016 1:13 AM EST
    And perhaps you can get nanomschines, that harden your skin in response to physical trauma
    • 41 posts
    January 11, 2016 1:47 AM EST
    Ah, hadn't thought of history O.o my mind went to my gaming younger years xD
    • 1441 posts
    January 11, 2016 1:58 AM EST
    I actually was going to mention the history Sons of aliberty, but I just decided to go along for the reference,
  • January 11, 2016 3:15 AM EST

Haha, no worries.

I was just trying to continue the Revolutionary War-era theme that Fallout 4 (sorta) has. Sometimes. When it doesn't forget.

• 1441 posts
    January 11, 2016 11:30 AM EST
    Perhaps a DLC where your character, if you side with the Institute, constructs a time machine, but it accidently either brings you back to Revolutionary era Boston, or transports George Eashington and a few of his officers into the present age
  • January 15, 2016 2:38 PM EST

FALLOUT 4: AMERICAN GLADIATORS

I love arenas, and the whole concept of gladiator-style fights. It'd be fun to build a DLC around the Sole Survivor being captured and forced to fight in a massive stadium (build out of the old New England Patriots' stadium) while raiders and other unsavory types watch from the stands.

You start off by having all your gear confiscated, but can find weapons and armor lying around the arena (often on the bodies of previous, less lucky combatants) that you will need to use to fight various enemies. The arena floor is full of various buildings and debris to fight around/on, and you go through a bunch of fights that start with easy stuff (like waves of mole rats) and end with deathclaws and synths.

In between fights in the arena, you wander around in the back-areas and slave pens of the stadium. You learn that there is a group of gladiators and slaves dedicated to bringing down the whole system - the Sons of Liberty - and that the want you to join them. You complete quests that prepare for the inevitable uprising, or you can sell out the rebels to the overlords of the arena.

Siding with the Sons of Liberty will get you access to a new home base in the stadium, a new companion (who you meet on the arena floor, as part of a force team-up for the crowd's amusement) and all the stuff you can loot. Siding with the overlords will get you 2,000 caps, your own set of unique, powerful gladiator armor and the ability to return to the stadium to participate in more fights for caps.

FALLOUT 4: MARCH TO THE SEA

This story takes place in a region south of the Commowealth, a region known as the Inland Sea (a.k.a. former Rhode Island). Rumors of a strange plague have been spreading, leading to the Sole Survivor being sent to discover the truth and any possible threat to the people of the Commonwealth.

When you arrive, you find a region divided into three parts - the first and smallest, under the control of a city called Eagleton. Eagleton is a vision of pre-war America, ruled by an elected Council and a citizenry that all belong to several guilds that control the day-to-day aspects of life. Despite preaching freedom and rule of law, it's clear that the only thing that really speaks in Eagleton is caps - the more you have, the more power and influence you can wield.

The second group is known as the Redcoats, an army of former raiders and bandits that have been (usually forcefully) organized under the banner of a super mutant known as King Fourscar. (so-called for the four large scars that crisscross his chest, gained in a fight with a deathclaw...the same deathclaw whose teeth now decorate the king's crown) Fourscar is much more cunning and intelligent than the average super mutant, and seeks to unite the Inland Sea into a new kingdom for himself. Though brutal and uncompromising, the Redcoats are a strict meritocracy and offer their enemies a choice - Join, or Die.

The third, and final, "faction" is the Blight. A creeping sickness that came in off the ocean wind, it has begun infecting and twisting all life in the Inland Sea. Once you're infected, there is no cure - you either become a mindless slave to the Blight, or simply perish. The main storyline of March to the Sea involves you learning about the threat of the Blight, and then siding with either the corrupt but democratic Eagleton or the brutal but fair-dealing Redcoats in an effort to stop its spread.

• 207 posts
    January 16, 2016 12:21 PM EST

I think that would be funny, mainly because of the time traveling. Its because i read, not long ago, on tvtropes of a trope about how when you introduce aliens, the cthulhu mythos or time travel into your fiction, it will be only about aliens, the cthulhu mythos or time travel. It would be funny to see Fallout avert every single one of them.

• 207 posts
    January 16, 2016 12:24 PM EST

I think it would be cool if an arena style dlc would have connection to the legion (caesars' not the imperial one). Adding things like Armor resembling legion armor and nice melee weapons (bumber sword). Though I doubt that would happen, as beth seemingly hates New Vegas.

• 649 posts
    January 16, 2016 12:38 PM EST

More importantly, it wouldn´t make sense, since Legion was founded like 40-50 years later after Fallout 4 and on the other side of the continent.

• 207 posts
    January 16, 2016 12:50 PM EST

Oh, then, indeed, it wouldn't make sense.

• January 19, 2016 12:11 PM EST

Seeing The Shawshank Redemption on AMC makes me think it would be really cool to have a settlement built out of an old prison. (yes, like The Walking Dead) Fences and walls, people living out of old prions cells...it's an evocative image.

• 1441 posts
    January 19, 2016 12:33 PM EST

That would be awesome! I'd like to be able to make a settlement on an old oil rig! Perhaps recreate the Enclave Oil Rig, or Metal Gear's Mother Base!

• 12 posts
    January 22, 2016 8:46 PM EST
    I totally agree! If they throw me on another spacecraft, with no interesting characters for hours on end, with the same goddamn alien guns.. I'll delete my save and never play that DLC again. Hahahaha