Forums » Fallout

The Night Before Christmas (Fallout Version)

• 38 posts
    December 24, 2015 5:24 PM EST

T'was the night before Fallout, and all through the vault, Not a dweller was sleeping who was worth his salt. The Pipboys were prepped, by their consoles a-humming, Awaiting the glory of Todd Howard's coming. The ghouls and mutants were shunning their beds, In the streets they ran rampant, tearing off heads. Whilst I, in my jumpsuit, Dogmeat by my side, Sat nursing a Quantum (scavenged from the Divide). When up on the surface there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. Away to the vault door I flew like a flash, I slammed down the lever and it opened with a crash. The moon filtered through the sickly green glow, Of an irradiated wasteland in the valley below. When what to my red-rimmed eyes is revealed? A cohort of power-armoured Brothers of Steel! Confused and afraid, before them I cowered, 'Til in wonder, I heard the voice of Todd Howard! Removing his helmet he flashed me a smile, And lined all his men up in single file. Now Hines! Now Gardiner! Now, Emil Pagliarulo! On, Burgess! On, Pely! End the waiting, don't be cruel, yo! Then away in the distance, a bellow began, And out of the fog marched a mechanical man! "Democracy is non-negotiable!" he cried, And neither is hype - although many have tried To derail the train upon which we all ride, But Liberty Prime holds fast 'gainst the tide. A burgeoning bundle was strapped to his back, His Strength must have been 10, to carry that pack! Then ever so nimbly, Todd scaled the bot, I craned my neck to make out what he'd got. He rummaged around for what seemed like a year, Then stood up excitedly, hollering "here!" Extending his arms with fire in his eyes, I gasped as I gazed at the glorious prize. A Pipboy Edition all shiny and chrome, The wasteland is calling me, calling me home! As I fell to my knees Howard flashed me a smirk, Then set down the box chanting "it just works!" And away they all marched, suits a-glimmer in the haze, A sight I'll remember, the rest of my days. But I heard Todd exclaim, ere he vanished from sight, "Happy Fallout to all, and to all a good night!"

• 159 posts
    December 24, 2015 10:22 PM EST

This was really creative ! Good job

• 558 posts
    December 24, 2015 11:57 PM EST

Shouldn't this be posted as a blog?

• 268 posts
    December 25, 2015 3:45 AM EST
    • 700 posts
    December 25, 2015 2:55 PM EST

Gah, plagiarism! That's a bad look. 

• 95 posts