Forums » The Lounge

Games you are looking forward to buy in the holiday sales?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:04 AM EST

Hey all, it's that time of the year again.

It has become a tradition for gamers to hold back money and hope for a surprise sale, but there are select times of the year where you just know your wallet will bleed like a Tarantino character (sorry, sorry. I just can't wait for The Hateful Eight anymore).

In a year full of big releases and interesting games, we naturally had to make choices on which game to get and which game to wait for a price drop, so I'm interested...

•  What games are you looking forward to buy in the 2015 holiday sales?
    •  Which one are you looking forward to the most?
    •  Where and how will you be buying it? Physical or digital?
    •  If not a game, is there a console or PC build/upgrade that you want?

Share any dates you may know of online Christmas deals!

Known sales:

•  Steam: Already started!
    • Origin: Already started!
    • Nuuvem: Already started!
    • Green Man Gaming: Already started!
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:14 AM EST

I'm really looking forward to the Witcher trilogy this Christmas! I recently upgraded by GPU so I can now play Witcher 3 in all its glory, as it deserves to be played.

Other than that, I may end up getting Telltale's Game of Thrones and an old game that I've been holding off buying, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

• 321 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:24 AM EST

First I'm gonna buy a PS4,then I'm gonna buy Fallout 4 and Witcher 3.Seriously,those are the only 2 games I will ever buy for my console until something brand new comes out.

As for my laptop,might as well buy some games that bring nostalgia in my childhood like Battlefront 2.Bought Witcher 2 during a sale,ate 20GB of space and runs 10 fps at lowest setting lol.

That's what happens if you play Witcher 2 on an old laptop....

• December 22, 2015 12:02 PM EST
    I would definitely suggest Tales of the Borderlands over Game of Thrones, if you're looking for a Telltale game. Tales is just so much fun.
    • 1913 posts
    December 22, 2015 12:15 PM EST

Or the Walking Dead game season 1.

You have to get Vampire! Vampire is so good!

• 773 posts
    December 22, 2015 12:51 PM EST

I probably won't buy any, but I am tempted by Pillars of Eternity

The problem is lack of gaming time, and with FO4 and The Witcher 3 still was tons of stuff left to do, I don't know if I'd get around to it.

But if its VERY cheap on Steam... maybe 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 22, 2015 1:09 PM EST

But can I play Tales without knowing a thing about Borderlands? I never played the main games.
     Did you play GOT? What are your thoughts on it? I'm a big fan of the books/series.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 22, 2015 1:10 PM EST

Right? Telltale has so many cool games, I might get TWD too. It's quite old by now, so I think it'll be really cheap.

And I can't wait to get Vampire! It seems to have so many options and ways to play it, just the kind of game I like

• 321 posts
    December 22, 2015 1:12 PM EST

It makes more sense (and more funnier) if you played Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel since it ties in with both of the storylines.

I played GoT and to put it short with spoiling much, I got only two words....Valar Morghulis.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 22, 2015 1:15 PM EST

I remember when I got my PS3, I said to myself that the only released games I was going to buy  were Mafia II and Skyrim. Turns out I didn't keep my promise...

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 22, 2015 1:18 PM EST

I forgot about Pillars of Eternity. So many games... 

But I also think I won't have that much gaming time, especially with the entire Witcher trilogy to play. And I'm afraid January/Early February are going to be the last months I'll be able to play on a regular basis for a long time...

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 22, 2015 1:21 PM EST

Checked it now, the Steam Holiday Sales has officially begun! It will run until January, 4th. Remember to share any information regarding online deals!

• 321 posts
    December 22, 2015 1:24 PM EST

Tis the season to be gaming....fa la la la la la Steam.

• 321 posts
    December 22, 2015 1:28 PM EST

Woah,Witcher trilogy is the price Witcher 3 on Steam...get them while they're hot guys!

• 215 posts
    December 22, 2015 2:26 PM EST

Anyone played Sword Coast Legends?  It's a D&D game (must have missed this one) that hearkens back to neverwinter and Baldurs Gate.  Loved those old D&D games.  Mixed reviews though...

• 558 posts
    December 22, 2015 4:01 PM EST

Shadow Warrior is 75% off in the PS store.

• 1467 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:34 PM EST

Depends on whether I get Steam Money for Christmas, and my Steam stops being an ass and lets me go online.  I might see if there are any good PS4 deals, I do have $17 saved up there.

Sadly I just don't have the money (unless Christmas = money) to even but that many games on Steam. I can't add my own money on (without a gift card thing) and I don't have the money to buy them. I guess we'll just have to see how the new year turns out.

If I do get money then it changes everything. Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition and Pillars of Eternity are up there, other then that there really isn't much.

• December 22, 2015 6:20 PM EST

I think so. Either way you could probably find some quick summaries of the stories though. I think the main thing is know who Handsome Jack is.

I didn't really like Telltale's GoT. I've watched the show (and read the first book, but the game is 100% based on the show). It's just not very interesting. You play as discount Starks and discount Jon Snow. The characters from the actual series that do show up, like Ramsay, are obviously untouchable, so they're hardly characters or obstacles to overcome; they're just glorified plot devices. Things that seem really important are introduced and then are never really explained.

It's just...not a great one, in my opinion. It's my least favorite Telltale game, straight up. I think being a fan of the series makes it worse, and you're a bigger fan than I am.

• 98 posts
    December 22, 2015 9:46 PM EST

I finally was able to buy my Ps4 this year for the holidays...

Guess what game I bought along with it