December 20, 2015 6:13 PM EST

That's why Grey Jedi/Grey Knights are superior to both

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 20, 2015 6:23 PM EST

They're still Jedi.

• 1441 posts
    December 20, 2015 6:31 PM EST

Still, the Grey Knights don't rely too much on the Force, and more or less walk a more grey area, between the Light and Dark. I wish more Jedi were like Revan

• December 20, 2015 6:38 PM EST

You an EU guy, Tom?

• 159 posts
    December 20, 2015 6:58 PM EST

Look up him on youtube. Hes pretty cool. I consider him gray as he one of the few sith who does not care about petty power schemes and power plays which many consider the sith's weakness. He knows his role in the empire and only wishes to expand it to the rest of the galaxy. *SWTOR SPOILER WARNING* in the latest stwor expansion" Knights of the Fallen Empire Marr dies and becomes a force ghost. But unlike most sith who live afeter death who become evil or insane Marr reatain his usual persona and is at peace. If your wondering about him and your not a swtor player look up Darth marr on youtube! Thanks for reading. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 20, 2015 6:59 PM EST

I was. It no longer exists unfortunately.

• 1441 posts
    December 20, 2015 7:21 PM EST

One thing I don't like about what Disney did. Hey Tom, since you like the EU so much, you wanna help me make a fan version of KOTOR 3?

• 159 posts
    December 20, 2015 7:53 PM EST

I'd feel like I would start off as a jedi but my ideology would conflict as I  stray to the grey path. I would proboably end up as a lone outcast jedi/ smuggler or bounty hunter/jedi hybrid 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 20, 2015 7:57 PM EST

I don't know anything about computers.

But I don't mind writing fan fiction.

• 1441 posts
    December 20, 2015 8:11 PM EST

You could help write the story

• 1217 posts
    December 20, 2015 9:07 PM EST

The question is light or dark, not Jedi or Sith. Their dogmas and philosophies don't factor in unless one of them is the reason given for choosing light or dark.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 20, 2015 9:41 PM EST

The only groups who distinguish between the Light and Dark side are the Jedi and Sith. Other Force users throughout the galaxy do not.

• 1217 posts
    December 20, 2015 10:41 PM EST

I may not be a SW loremaster, but I know more than enough to know that that isn't true, whether in old or new lore. The light and dark are recognized long before the Jedi or Sith are. It's not coincidence or some arbitrary factional division that causes force abilities to be fueled by specific emotions. While a given emotion isn't "light or dark", that's not reflected by the associated force manifestations.

What of this would you say is suggestive of a moral quagmire?

• 1441 posts
    December 20, 2015 10:44 PM EST

You can use Force Lightning to power generators, or act as a deflibrator

• 1217 posts
    December 20, 2015 10:51 PM EST

Is that really what you're going to be doing while channeling your feelings of hatred and aggression?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 20, 2015 10:53 PM EST

I like how the conversation itself can't be held without talking about it in terms of the Jedi and the Sith and how they view the Force.

That's the farce that has been established with the setting. Everything is good vs. evil with no consideration for anything between.

It's fucking stupid.

• December 20, 2015 11:01 PM EST

You ever get really mad when your WiFi shuts down for no reason? Instant Sith Lord.

• 1217 posts
    December 20, 2015 11:03 PM EST

I feel the hate flow through me, no doubt.

• 1441 posts
    December 20, 2015 11:03 PM EST

Well, the Jedi see it as a way to harmonize oneself, to keep peace, whereas the Sith see it as a tool, one they can use to control and bend the wills of others to their own. Granted, the Jedi can use this too to an extent with the Jedi Mind Trick. I mean, the Jedi philosphy was based on Zen, Buddhism, etc

• 1441 posts
    December 20, 2015 11:04 PM EST

How bout this, we talk about two individuals with a look on the Force that differs from the two, one is Revan, and the other is his former mentor Kreia/Darth Trayus

• 1217 posts
    December 20, 2015 11:05 PM EST

I like how the conversation itself can't be held without talking about it in terms of the Jedi and the Sith and how they view the Force.

But it can. It can't be held without talking about it in terms of its known limits and powers, which are segregated and fueled by emotion.

• 1441 posts
    December 20, 2015 11:09 PM EST

How bout this, what if Kreia had succeded in just...cutting everyone off from the Force, or more or less "killing" it. Would people be able to go about their daily lives? Possibly, I mean, yeah, it would kill possibly millions of Jedi and Sith

• 1217 posts
    December 20, 2015 11:14 PM EST

If it "binds the galaxy together", seems like that would get in the way of living out our daily lives.

• 1441 posts
    December 20, 2015 11:34 PM EST

Well, those who arent attuned to the Force as strongly would live, look at Atton, or the Exile

• 71 posts
    December 21, 2015 10:34 PM EST

Neither. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.