Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Skyrim Quests Have You Still Not Completed?

• 168 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:02 AM EST

No One Escapes Cidhna Mine (Silver-Blood side), Destroying the Dawnguard, Paarthurnax.

• 393 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:08 AM EST

Whoa, did they really?!?! Actually, I shouldn't be so surprised, that's totally a thing they would do. I suppose it wouldn't make Aelberon like them any more (quite the opposite, huh?).

Lol, I'm surpsried that amongst all the different characters you've never played a Thalmor one))

I always make stories for my characters. Naturally, the Redoran Boethiah-worshipping Dragonborn from one of my stories would act differently than the Thalmor Justiciar from another, or a Nord necromancer from the third. But I have to admit, that when I make a story, I must like my character, at least a little, so my Dragonborns won't the the types of characters I find disgusting. So it's highly unlikely that I'll play an Astrid-like character.

I like No Stone Upturned too, and some day I'm going to do it with a thief character, just not yet) The ironic fact is that my Thalmor guy is a sneaky illusionist, he could make an ideal member of the Thieves Guild, but no, it would be totally unbefitting of a noblemer he is, lol))

Wanted to ask you for a long time about the Saadia/Kematu quest. How did you do it?

• 404 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:13 AM EST
    Not siding with the Vampire lords in the Dawnguard DLC, doing all of the Thieves Guild Side Quests to unlock Master Theif. Thous are the things I never did.
    • 96 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:13 AM EST
    Believe it not or not... ._________________.
    • 321 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:24 AM EST

Relycs's Believe it or Not....now that's worth watching

• 393 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:44 AM EST

Don't forget Erandur, the priest of Mara in Dawnstar, who was once a priest of Vaermina.

• 393 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:58 AM EST

The prospect of killing the Emperor doesn't seem much fun to me, especially since I know that there's a lot of another innocent people you have to kill before the Emperor. So I don't really want to do that.

The Volkihar guys on the other hand seem quite interesting, though the only way to talk to them is to join them((

• 295 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:03 AM EST

With Runil and Erandur, it is quite clear that they do show some remorse for their actions and are working to redeem themselves. Runil is now, very curiously, a priest of Arkay, something that, if he were a member of the Aldmeri Dominion is a very strange outcome, since Arkay is not an Altmer god. You can also see that he does his part for the community. Erandur, yes formally a priest of Vaermina is now a priest of Mara. Some in game dialogue with the miner at Shor's Stone suggests that he healed her and he does seem to sincerely want to help the people of Dawnstar. Does this justify keeping them alive? Up to the player, none are essential, so have at it.  

Depends on the build the player is playing, I say. Is redemption for past crimes enough? Paarthurnax, either himself, or through Kyne teaches Nords the thu'um. By those actions, how many lives are actually saved? A lot. As many as those who died under Paarthurnax? Who knows? The question to ask is whether or not in the player's eyes, does this atone for the lives he's destroyed. 

What wergeld do Paarthurnax, Erandur, and Runil have to pay? 

Fascinating questions are coming from this thread. 

• 273 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:10 AM EST

Really?  I love fighting Miraak, my favorite boss up there with the Ebony Warrior (as unfair as he can be)

• 393 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:33 AM EST

By the way, if Runil is considered being once evil because he was a Thalmor battlemage, then the same goes for every Imperial and Stormcloak soldier. Those kill people too. Should they all pay for that as well??

• 295 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:37 AM EST

Oh, I love fighting him too, but what you become afterwards is sorta iffy, now ain't it? Unless you're okay with that?

• 295 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:41 AM EST

You'll have your answer to that in Part 2. Now, just bear in mind, how Aelberon does quests is different to how I do them when I'm strictly gaming. 

• 393 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:47 AM EST

I would like actually to know your thoughts regarding that quest in all its aspects)) Not only from Aelberon's POV)

• 288 posts
    December 17, 2015 12:17 PM EST

Yes, but the very first time you play the DB questline you don't exactly know how it's going to end.

• 393 posts
    December 17, 2015 12:41 PM EST

After I killed Astrid, I went and read about all possible outcomes of it. What I read didn't make me regret killing her.

• 411 posts
    December 17, 2015 12:46 PM EST
    In my head canon the last Dragonborn Becomes Miraak.
    • 393 posts
    December 17, 2015 12:51 PM EST

I like that idea) Had thought of a similar thing myself, not exactly about the LDB becoming Miraak, but about LDB's soul being taken into Apocrypha by Hermaeus Mora after they die. I even have  a character who totally would like it)))

• 168 posts
    December 17, 2015 1:10 PM EST

The only information we have about Imperials and Stormcloaks killing civilians are the accusations of masssacre Galmar and Rikke mention during the quest Season Unending.

As for myself, my lawful/neutral/chaotic Dragonborns always live by a code: If one doesn't harm innocents, then it's not my problem. That's why I don't kill Paarthurnax, Runil and Erandur.

• 273 posts
    December 17, 2015 1:11 PM EST

I guess, but I can't get over the chills when I see him bring one of the three dragons down from the sky and hear him shout "Kruziikrel/Relonikiv/Sahrotaar, Ziil Los Dii Du!". 

• 393 posts
    December 17, 2015 1:25 PM EST

Thalmor don't kill civillians either, unless they are criminals or members of dissenter factions (which, as I see it, means that they aren't exactly civillians).

My Thalmor Dragonborn, whose alighnment is ambiguous even to me, wanted to kill Galmar's disgusting brother, but damn, that guy is essential for some unknown reason((( But people like Erandur, Runil and Paarthurnax he definitely won't kill.

• 321 posts
    December 17, 2015 1:40 PM EST

I fought Miraak with a mod that changes Fire and Frost Breath to make it look like what the Dragons are using.I didn't know it also effects NPC until I got killed by his OP Fire Breath so basically we fought by exchanging Fire Breaths and me blocking them with wards.

The fun part was that the mod reduces the Fire/Frost Breath cooldown to 25 seconds (all three words).So you'll probably imagine how hectic it gets. 10/10 would battle Miraak again like that at Master.

Still far away from battling Ebony Warrior.I'm right now lv.62 and god it takes ages to reach lv. 81.

• 273 posts
    December 17, 2015 1:49 PM EST

Well you may have an idea of what my next "Dragon Priests of Solstheim" build will consist of.

• 273 posts
    December 17, 2015 1:49 PM EST

Sounds like a fight of true Dovahkiins, awesome.

• 1595 posts
    December 17, 2015 2:59 PM EST

Alduin is the first dragon, the proto-dragon. All other dragons  acknowledge his mastery. Depending on your interpretation of what a dragon is all other dragons could be said to have been made in his image.

What I am saying to you Thorien is that a dragon will do evil things simply by virtue of being a dragon and as sweet and innocent as you think Paarthurnax is the fact remains that he is a dragon with a self confessed evil nature. Fair enough you trust him but that there is a sitting time bomb and the nearby villagers of Ivarstead may well pay the ultimate price for your trust.

Anthropomorphising these creatures and ascribing to them a moral standard we judge humans on doesn't work. I totally get your point about humans being capable of doing terrible things but we are also capable of doing incredible good in the world. You can find humans working in temples curing the sick and injured, humans roaming the land protecting the innocent. 

In contrast you only ever see dragons being dragons.  

• 1441 posts
    December 17, 2015 3:06 PM EST

A dragon's central nature is Dominance. In fanct, some state that Paarthy is himself living up to this name, by imposing a tyrannical, to a dragon, Way of the Voice, which is against their nature