Forums » Elder Scrolls

Wanted: Dead or... A Liar

• 7 posts
    November 17, 2011 11:14 AM EST
    No that's not a typo, I'm putting a bounty out for any information involving Ma'iq the Liar! I've hear a rumor here or there the the infamously fast running faster talking Kajhiit has popped into skyrim. Therefore I'm putting the price of 600 septims on his head and any information about how he made the 200 year jump! Extra 200 septims for a screenshot of him in the land of skyrim! (incase you haven't noticed there's no real bounty, as I don't have septims or any way to give them away)  but seriously, I'm curious. Whose seen him? Talked to him? What interesting stories did he tell this time around? Lemme know!
    • 18 posts
    November 24, 2011 4:12 PM EST

I've encountered him once on each of my three playthroughs, and every time it has been near Riverwood, usually near the river. I don't know what route he takes on his journey through Skyrim, or if he even ventures far from Whiterun(?) Hold.

• 739 posts
    November 24, 2011 5:10 PM EST

Ive met him once!! Although admittedly my character spends no time near towns or main roads. Was filled with nostalgia and relief to see an old friend. He told me to piss off...

• 22 posts
    November 25, 2011 7:29 AM EST
    I ran into him aswell and i THINK it was near windhelm. As that was over 2 weeks ago I'm not sure. I don't think I had any talk options with him so on how he survived for 200 years beats the crap outta me... 
    Great, Now I'm curious too! 
  • November 25, 2011 8:33 AM EST

I've met him!
    When I was on my from Whiterun to Ivarstead I took a wrong turn.
    Without noticing I was heading to Windhelm. On my way there I ran Into Ma'iq the Liar. 

• 4 posts
    November 25, 2011 8:38 AM EST

weird, I bumped into him twice. Once right at the top of the mountains to the north of Solitude and he was kinda mingling with a wedding party. I slaughtered the party of folk but couldnt kill him, he wouldnt die. Then ages after, right at the east of the map, near a cave but he wasnt scared of me or anything. Is he a vital NPC?

• 1 posts
    November 25, 2011 8:41 AM EST

I found him on the road west of whiterun. I kept trying to talk to him but he just told me to leave him alone. Then a dragon showed up, and the little shit ran for it! Oh and he's got plenty of skooma. 

• 5 posts
    November 25, 2011 8:59 AM EST

I've seen hin once, a little north of Kynesgrove when i visited their after the dragon awoke. Though I don't really remember what he said, he did talk in the 3rd person!

• 3 posts
    November 25, 2011 9:12 AM EST

I met him near Windhelm as well. The only thing I remember him saying he was the Great Grandson of the original Ma'iq the Liar then mentioned it could be a lie!

• 59 posts
    November 25, 2011 9:38 AM EST

Sometimes, when questioned thoroughly, M'aiq will say something about his father being called M'aiq and his father's father also being called M'aiq.

• 29 posts
    November 25, 2011 10:32 AM EST

Twice.  I wanted to see what he was holding, so I pickpocketed.  Two bottles of Skooma.  Very revealing...

• 2 posts
    November 25, 2011 10:33 AM EST

Well he hasnt But his son has. or If your reffering to the first maiq. His sons son has. that is a reference to a line he says. he proclaims taht his fathers name was also maiq and so was his fathers father.

• 16 posts
    November 25, 2011 11:09 AM EST

I met him once near a flooded out imperial fort, and another time on a road I don't recall where. You can't have a conversation with him unfortunately.

• 22 posts
    November 25, 2011 11:48 AM EST

ive seen him once and it was on my first trip to riverwood. 

• 10 posts
    November 25, 2011 2:02 PM EST

I've seen him he told me "M'aiq heard the people in Skyrim are much more beautiful to look at compared to the people in Cyrodiil" LOL Comparing Skyrim's character models to Oblivion's, I found him when i exited out of Bleak Falls Barrow.

• 26 posts
    November 25, 2011 2:21 PM EST

So far I have met once in each of my games.  Fairly near the beginning of the game.  Why does he survive?  Mayhap he is a high powered wizard and has a long life, a secret necromancer living on the essence of his victims, perhaps he is a god or demi-god with eternal life.  He could be a ghost who looks substantial.  What ever he is he belongs in TES games.  We all look for him and would really miss him if he wasn't there.

• 12 posts
    November 25, 2011 2:21 PM EST

i saw him and i think it was near whiterun

• 4 posts
    November 25, 2011 2:27 PM EST

I met him 5 times. First, near Whiterun. Right next to the meadery. Second time, I met him near Riverwood, much like Kevin. Third and fourth times, near Whiterun in almost the same spot. The last time was in the middle of a forest.

• 1 posts
    November 25, 2011 2:56 PM EST

I have seen him once on my trip up to high hrothgar and once on the road outside of Dragonbridge. As for how he made the 200 year jump, he had this to say. "M'aiq's father was also called M'aiq. As was M'aiq's father's father. At least that's what his father said." So there you have it, this is M'aiq the IV.

• 66 posts
    November 25, 2011 3:32 PM EST

I think I remember reading that Khajiit are rather longlived creatures.

Unless it's a completely different M'aiq, which is quite possible, his colouring when i've seen him is a lot different from the screenshots posted on UESP wiki. So perhaps it's just another skooma addict Khajiit called M'aiq or the skooma causes them to rename themselves M'aiq as their greatest lie.

• November 25, 2011 3:34 PM EST

How he survived 200 years? That's easy. One word...Skooma!! A LOT of it I guess! =p

• 7 posts
    November 25, 2011 3:57 PM EST

I found him twice!  I think he's following me.

I ran into him standing on the edge of a waterfall just staring off into the distance.  We spoke briefly and then he grew tired of talk.

I ran into him again later.  I slaughtered this thief that accosted me during a Misc quest and went over to grab my horse and when I came riding back there was someone crouched over the corpse I'd just killed.  I dismounted and walked over and it was Ma-iq! 

My jaw dropped.

• 7 posts
    November 25, 2011 3:58 PM EST

Lol, but they were all liars, so we'll never know for certain

• 32 posts
    November 25, 2011 4:05 PM EST

I know very little about Elder Scrolls lore, but maybe Kajhiit live for over 200 years. Oh and I've seen him on each play through, every time outside of Windhelm. Also, never had any dialogue options with him.

• 966 posts
    November 25, 2011 4:12 PM EST

I encountered him once, in the mountains west of Solitude, i dont remember much of what he said, something about dragons and that people in Skyrim are more beautifull then in Cyrodill ;)

I dont know how he survived, he was in morrowind too, but maybe this ma'iq is a son of a son of a son of a son of the ma'iq in oblivion.

btw in oblivion ma'iq said he saw a dragon and we might see one too one day :D