Forums » Fallout

DISCUSS: Fallout LRP

• 557 posts
    December 3, 2015 10:01 PM EST

Hello all, it's The Overseer! 

Recently there have been a few talks in the Fallout LRP group about changing the location that we all RP in - however, these talks all seem to have come to a standstill. We need your help to decide! Below are the options that we've narrowed it down to: please feel free to voice your opinion on the below choices! 

1. Our current location - Detroit. We've completely customized this to fit our own systems - complete with a custom bestiary and factions. 
    2. The Commonwealth - the main location in Fallout 4 

Please voice your opinions in the discussion below!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 3, 2015 10:11 PM EST

I don't do LRP, but from the little I saw, you guys put a lot of work in the Detroit area's background and all that, and it turned out quite well. It would be a shame to put it all down, wouldn't it? Unless you guys don't mind.

• 622 posts
    December 3, 2015 10:14 PM EST

You know my thoughts - Commonwealth

• 490 posts
    December 3, 2015 10:31 PM EST
    Philadelphia has been in ruins but a nice rebuilding could be appropriate with new members. Or maybe a surrounding area that "wasn't hit that bad".
    • 48 posts
    December 4, 2015 12:13 AM EST
    I think the commonwealth would be a much better location.
    • 411 posts
    December 4, 2015 12:33 AM EST
    i know its not either of the options but Seattle might be interesting.
    • 622 posts
    December 4, 2015 1:41 AM EST
    Just wanna point out something here- Emer isnt asking for BRAND NEW location ideas, he wants to know where people would prefer to play - Detroit or Boston. Because saying one idea is good and all but actually MAKING it is another story...
    • 641 posts
    December 4, 2015 12:28 PM EST

I don't LRP beacuse time zones are a struggle but I was wondering what is the reason for changing it?

• 179 posts
    December 4, 2015 2:39 PM EST

I don't do LRP, but changing it to The Commonwealth sounds like it could make it easier for potential new players to learn the setting, since they will be familiar with it due to Fallout 4. Whether that justifies overhauling Fallout LRP's systems to fit the new setting is another question though.

• 641 posts
    December 4, 2015 3:08 PM EST

It seems a bit restrictive when it comes to world building tho since it's all already mapped out

• 622 posts
    December 4, 2015 3:52 PM EST

Not necessarily, there will be settlement building 

• 641 posts
    December 4, 2015 3:56 PM EST

Well I mean more like inventing completely new factions, politics and whatnot.

• 622 posts
    December 4, 2015 4:44 PM EST

That isn't impossible.

• 179 posts
    December 5, 2015 1:32 AM EST

If Archfall is any indication, they won't have any trouble coming up with new stuff for the setting.

• 557 posts
    December 5, 2015 2:19 PM EST

We're still hoping to get some input on this! If you have anything to share - please feel free to do so!

• 1217 posts
    December 5, 2015 2:29 PM EST

I think Detroit is better, and anything that could be gained by switching to the Commonwealth can be adapted for Detroit, while granting more freedom in terms of factions, creatures, items, etc.

• 1913 posts
    December 5, 2015 5:01 PM EST

I personally have no opinion on the matter. Both options I enjoy.

• December 5, 2015 5:07 PM EST

I wrote a lot of the background stuff for Fallout LRP so obviously I'd prefer Detroit, but I want to leave the decision to the players, to all of you. LRP isn't about what the Hosts want it to be, it's about what the players want from it.

All I want is for people to have fun, wherever that may be.

• 490 posts
    December 6, 2015 12:54 AM EST
    Detroit