Forums » Fallout

The First Thing You Do When You Leave The Vault?

• 641 posts
    November 13, 2015 7:01 AM EST

As we all know Bethesda games are unparalleled in the sheer amount of freedom they give. You can follow the story quest, you can run towards the horizon to see how far you can get, you can live out your life in the first place you come across. So with in that in mind what is\will be the first thing you do in Fallout 4? 

• 288 posts
    November 13, 2015 7:05 AM EST

I generally follow the story in open world games on my first character but I take my time at specific story points to experience the sidequests too.

• 1467 posts
    November 13, 2015 7:06 AM EST

Die...

Fine, what I really do is loot the nearest place, earn a crap tonne of bottle caps and start getting outfitted for more side quests and raids. By this I mean I did this once.

• 627 posts
    November 13, 2015 7:11 AM EST

I plan on hunting down Crognak's Axe and then I'll follow the story 

• 7 posts
    November 13, 2015 12:20 PM EST

Probably build a settlement that would rival diamond city maybe not in sheer size but in terms of defensibility and number of residents... I'm not a fan of td games but I have a very strategic mindset and I can see myself making a city fortress that could take on a army of bos paladins and a couple hundred Deathclaws with very little casualties if any

• 641 posts
    November 13, 2015 3:38 PM EST

That's coming to take some resource collecting 

• 1441 posts
    November 13, 2015 3:48 PM EST

What I did, after leaving 111, was just explore, dick about, trying to get the lay of the land. Though, I headed to Sanctuary Hills first, grabbed some basic loot, and made my own way to Diamond City, exploring the surrounding areas, doing quests, etc

• 7 posts
    November 13, 2015 3:52 PM EST

While I never was a fan of crafting in the fallout games... I love rts type games so building a base type games is something I really enjoy and would probably spend months scavenging and building

• 404 posts
    November 13, 2015 4:51 PM EST

went to my home town of course then went on the main story until finished the MM and found the BoS, haven't done much of my character's family mission.

• 773 posts
    November 13, 2015 4:58 PM EST

The very, very first thing?

I checked out the busted up caravan just by the exit, and found a very useful Stimpak 

• 641 posts
    November 14, 2015 10:27 AM EST

I plan to go on a big scavenger hunt for as much resources as I can so that I can build my little commune 

• 62 posts
    November 16, 2015 11:24 AM EST

I think I got lucky. I headed east from the Vault, stumbled across a junkyard, and found a Fat Man. Killed a scavenger to get some armor, and walked into Sanctuary for the first time pretty well geared up.

• 641 posts
    November 20, 2015 10:04 AM EST

Was that the place with the robot?