Forums » General Gaming

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansions

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 5:23 AM EST

So far we've had a pretty great sounding expansion from the Witcher 3, Hearts of Stone, which I haven't been able to buy yet (And it comes with real life GWENT CARDS) but we've also had the announcement of a new expansion, Blood and Wine. I started this discussion for a couple questions.

1. Without spoiling it (please..) how do you think they went with Hearts of Stone, I've only heard good things about it so far.
    2. What do you think will come from Blood and Wine? Are you expecting a Hearts of Stone style expansion, or maybe it's something smaller? 
    • 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 5:38 AM EST

Hearts of Stone were really awesome, it felt like it was part of the main game, still on the map, which Blood and Wine won´t be.

Blood and Wine should come out in 2016, January-June. Developers said that it will be much larger than HoF. BaW should have 20 hours of gameplay, HoF had 10 (it was actually more, but who am I to criticize official statements from CD Red?)

It should be in land untouched by war, in Touissant, so I guess we´ll get completely new map - which we didn´t get in HoF, only expanded one. 

Now, back to HoF. Only thing that bothers me is that HoF gives you a lot of endgame equipment (which is really cool) but you won´t have anyone strong enough to test it on. If you start New Game + you will trade that equipment by the time you get out of White Orchard (I actually traded it off after I completed Bloody Baron questline). So I wouldn´t mind if the HoF was for lower levels, not end game 34. Same with Blood and Wine.