Forums » The Lounge

So... Time to not play Fallout

• 1467 posts
    November 12, 2015 5:51 AM EST

To be fair, the Witcher has colours that aren't browns, greens or greys (of course black and white are there). And there are a lot less loading screens in the Witcher. Oh and of course the majestic beauty that is Roach

• 649 posts
    November 12, 2015 6:07 AM EST

Roach or Roche? I´ve never guessed you´d be that type, Spooky

Sure, Witcher is more colorouful, but I think that Fallout 4 graphics seem more...detailed. Like a lot. That´s why I was worried at the beginning that my computer won´t handle it. So I started on Low. Then Medium. Still ok. High. Still ok. Ultra. Still bloody ok. Not a single lag so far (but loading screens are pain in the ass)

So, how´s that possible?

• 1467 posts
    November 12, 2015 6:14 AM EST

Roach is only my favourite demon-teleporting horse. Though really, why would I play the Witcher if it wasn't for the real MVP (Does he mean Ciri, Yen or Triss, the world will never know...Naturally I mean all 3 )

Personally I think the Witcher has way better graphics, though I haven't seen Fallout 4 first hand so I could be wrong. 

Either way, the important thing here is that Fallout is like a 9/10, where the Witcher sits at about a 15/10 (the free DLC give it a 4 point boost )

• 649 posts
    November 12, 2015 6:24 AM EST

And that gets us to the point that Fallout 4 should run on most PCs.

That rating is for graphics or game as whole? Fallout 4 sits on 8/10 for me right now. If I´ll raise it it all depends on if I´ll want to replay Fallout 4.

Witcher 3 has one huge advantage over Fallout 4. Story. So I guess we´ll see in few days how it will end. I have 14 hours in game and I´m not even sure if I´m nearing the end of the main story or not.

• November 12, 2015 2:24 PM EST

Well I'm the kind of person that my family got the PS3 when it first came out so my PS3 (which is still kicking it better than any XBOX 360 ever did) is one of those with the hardware issues, so I've kind've decided to kick back and wait a bit for sony to fix any PS4 Issues. I might even say" screw the PS4" and just buy a gaming CPU to hook up to one of my Family's TVs.

• 77 posts
    November 12, 2015 2:28 PM EST

Well my plan was to finally start playing FONV since I already own the game.  Then the Crossworlds 2 event was announced and I decided to sign up for that, which meant ditching Dark Souls 2 to start traipsing around the familiar trails of Skyrim once again.

• November 12, 2015 5:33 PM EST

I'm making Character Profiles/Builds! :D

*weeps slowly to self*

• 1467 posts
    November 16, 2015 5:38 AM EST

Haha, don't blame you for signing up for Crossworlds 2.0 mate, it's definetly a fun Event. I may have moved away from Skyrim but I'm hoping to come back for the Event. Good luck with your build Vargr 

• 1467 posts
    November 16, 2015 5:40 AM EST

I have betrayed my discussion fully. Not only am I going to be getting Fallout 4, but I've finished Fallout 3 and will be downloading and playing New Vegas starting sometime next week. Ah well, gotta say now that I've played the earlier games on PC rather than Xbox 360, gotta say 3 at least is tonnes better on PC, just way less clunky.

• 558 posts
    November 28, 2015 1:32 AM EST

Bloodborne DLC.

• 558 posts
    November 28, 2015 1:35 AM EST

I was actually thinking of getting FO4, too, ironically.

It's a possibility, at least.