Forums » The Lounge

So... Time to not play Fallout

• 1467 posts
    November 9, 2015 11:02 PM EST

So fellow non-Fallout fans, people who can't buy it at this stage or anyone else who isn't crying over there new-found game.

What are you guys doing to not celebrate Fallout's release?

Personally, I managed to get sick, a pretty difficult thing for me but I managed it, sleeping 16 hours a day for two days...Yep, fun stuff. I am planning to follow this up with 2 things of course, speech writing (if you hear it, my scream of agony can be heard even across the world), and getting myself hyped for ES:6 by playing Skyrim. 

• 1441 posts
    November 9, 2015 11:08 PM EST

Hmm, scream heard cross the world eh? 

• 1467 posts
    November 9, 2015 11:12 PM EST

Hey... I'm allowed to hate Speeches 

• 411 posts
    November 9, 2015 11:13 PM EST

Made a Strawpoll with that same question!

• 1441 posts
    November 9, 2015 11:13 PM EST

I know, had to do one in Freshmen year. I had fun ranting about the Westboro Baptist Church...

• 130 posts
    November 10, 2015 1:10 AM EST

I'm playing some D&D and working on some Dark Souls/Classics stuff which should be up soon...ish. Maybe.

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 1:18 AM EST

Hahahahahahahahah. Nice poll mate 

• 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 1:29 AM EST

You could make me that Oblivion build, Spooky 

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 1:31 AM EST

I'm still trying to get my mods into shape. I've been a little limited in how many I can download so it's going to be a bit more

• 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 1:34 AM EST

Yeah. Since I have reinstalled my PC, the prospect of downloading all the mods again turned me off from playing Oblivion. But I found some backups on my portable hard disc, so all I have to do is download few additional mods. 

You´ve been limited in how many you can download? Why´s that?

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 1:40 AM EST

Ah partially due to internet access, and not downloading mods when I have games downloading (since most of my games are on Steam that means a lot of downloading). I managed to nearly break our monthly limit last month so I was restricted a fair bit...

• 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 1:48 AM EST

Oh, that sucks...

• 288 posts
    November 10, 2015 2:31 AM EST

Why not try the game even if you're not a fan?........Oh, I forgot, only we, of the Tortuga Cove, can do that

Besides there's nothing better to play atm, except replaying old games and this gets boring too after some time.

• 29 posts
    November 10, 2015 3:05 AM EST
    I am playtesting my characters for the event build!

I was considering whether it was feasible to make a Lone Wanderer for Skyrim - then realised that aside from the vault...serious vault envy *sigh*
    • 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 3:42 AM EST

Ooh nice, it'd be good to see some more Classics Stuff (and naturally I can say more Dark Souls stuff), I'll await it eagerly Potato Prisoner

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 3:44 AM EST

Bah, I'm just waiting until later when I can finally get Battlefront and the new Witcher Expansion, then all thoughts of Fallout will be left far, far behind. 

• 1595 posts
    November 10, 2015 3:48 AM EST

Subversive DB, I like it  I managed to avoid it by having to work. I will no doubt get it on Friday morning when I finish but from what I've seen so far it doesn't look and feel as advanced as I was expecting. Shockingly, the companion AI is shit!

None of that will matter once immersed, of course. Still, N7 day got me back into the Mass Effect galaxy so it feels a shame to leave it again so soon. Maybe I can hang on for another week? Time will tell.

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 3:56 AM EST

Breaking the system one fun discussion at a time  I've only watched our very own Tamriel Vault Stream (which involves Todd dressing in a dress so far) and it looks alight so far, though I never have expectations for AI, I just assume that it's shit. 

• 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:02 AM EST

I´m still playing Witcher, even right now. Though I just got message, that the delivery with Fallout 4 will arrive very soon, probably in few hours. 

I forgot to mention...I got sick. So I´m home, no work for me. I feel bad, but I´m really sick. Not sick as "pretending to be sick just to play Fallout 4" sick but sick as "can´t even breath normally for five minutes without coughing so badly I want to decapitate myself" sick.

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:19 AM EST

I'm trying to get back into it, I just think that the story is the kind of thing that you only play through once before it just feels repetitive. That and it has the longest damn tutorial area (White Orchard isn't it...Well it's basically a tutorial) that is really difficult to play through multiple times.

Hope you get better man, I've just been stuck with a massive headache for the last 40 hours or so, which makes just about everything but sleeping suck. 

• 1595 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:20 AM EST

Ha! Karma never lets me get away with that. In my working life there have been maybe three occasions in which I've thrown a sickie for bullshit reasons and on each occasion I have come down with a genuine illness within a month. I daren't do that any more

It's funny, I kept getting an email from a colleague on the opposite shift. "Phil, I really need to speak to you, can you ring me asap?" So I rang, no response. Another email: "Phil, really need to talk. Can you ring me?" Rang, no response. Anyway, guess who had to finish early the other night due to urgent family problems? That's right, my colleague the massive CoD fan

• 1595 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:23 AM EST

Same could be said for Mass Effect really. The first time is genuinely moving and you feel it long after you put the controller down. Every other play through is just nostalgia, no?

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:33 AM EST

still need to play Mass Effect, it's been on my list for years but I've never found the first game on sale, Mass Effect 2 and 3, own both of them, got em for $10 each, but the first game is just impossible for me to find. That and the Witcher 2, no stores near me have even stocked it since before the Witcher 3 came out, everyone rushed to buy it and I haven't found a single copy.

Maybe if I bought games for less than $20 I'd have more success. But that won't happen more than three times a year. 

• 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:35 AM EST

Well, truth to be told, I´m not really paying attention to the story right now, not doing main quests either. I´m just simple witcher. Killing monsters. 

I´m just messing around, testing various possible builds that could be fun. Tested all kinds of shit as of now, but Heavy Attacks plus Alchemy is my favourite so far. Good offense, uber defense. Second favourite is full sign build. Unbelievable offense + crowd crontrol at the same time.

Yeah, I have to get better, I´m supposed to go to work tomorrow. 

I´m eating onion and honey all day. If that won´t cure me, than I don´t know what 

• 1595 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:46 AM EST

Dammit DB that's a shame. Witcher 2 was a free game with Gold a few months back. You missed a steal there. What platform you on, PC?