Forums » Elder Scrolls

Can anyone explain to me why they like Archery so much?

• 1441 posts
    • 1595 posts
    November 6, 2015 10:08 PM EST

Absolutely, but that is why this site is great and CB so popular as it gives people inspiration to play the game differently  Even though the game is getting on in years now there are still new adventurers discovering this site and playing Skyrim "outside the box." Long may that continue I say.

• 1441 posts
    November 6, 2015 10:11 PM EST

And the day after Fallout 4 hits will be the 4 year anniversary!

• 490 posts
    November 6, 2015 10:34 PM EST
    Because PEW PEW PEW PEW!!!!
    • 411 posts
    November 6, 2015 10:40 PM EST

PEW PEW!!!

• 96 posts
    November 7, 2015 5:28 AM EST
    Well I love crossbow archery, not bow archery, because I found a way around the reloading/loading times of crossbows. This allows me to shoot, run, shoot without beeing slowed down by animations. Without this trick (no glitch), I wouldn't like it too. And I absolutely hate sneak archery, which is just as ridiculous as using the assasins blade/backstab perks. They're complitely ruining the fun of the game, at least to me. A true assassin should be able to win fights trough his agility, his tricks and his knowledge of the enemy, not trough a lame perk. The same problem with smithing/enchanting compared to destruction magic. People complaining about how weak magic in Skyrim is, do in general craft equipment with + 200% fortify one/two handed. | Don't get me wrong, I dont like magic myself but for different reasons. I enjoy archery because it lets you use the environment and play around the weaknessess of your enemys. It does also require some skill to play a zero-defense archer, who does everything to stay out of range from his enemys, which I enjoy greatly. | All of this is of course my opinion. But I would be happy to discuss it ;).
    • 96 posts
    November 7, 2015 5:30 AM EST
    Looks like I missed the topic...
    • 96 posts
    November 7, 2015 5:49 AM EST
    I do agree that the demonhunter can't stay at close range because he gets stomped like everyone else that cant attack/defend properly at this range.
    • 1467 posts
    November 7, 2015 6:13 AM EST

He can always attack at close range, and the idea is to stay slightly out of the enemy's way at all times. With all the ways it can slow and stop opponents at close range, with a bit of skill it can be easy to survive at close range, it's just about picking the right technique for the job. 

• 96 posts
    November 7, 2015 7:56 AM EST
    I dont think its that easy. The crossbow does not offer any defense, attack or escape posibility while reloading. Without the Ranger and Quickshot Perk, you cant do anything, even shouts wont activate before the end of the animation. The bow would be a better choice for close combat because you can bash almost always without waiting for a cooldown to finish. The problem with slow and fury potions is, that you cant get far enough away - so that your enemy will attack his friend, without taking to many hits (if you're shooting in close combat of course). And theres another problem with the slow poison. Lets say you're using whirlwind sprint to get out of range. Your enemy will change his animation to chase you and this will deactivate the slow effect. So I cant see any other way than applying status effects and knock-backs before your enemy arive, if you really want to stay your ground. But again, you cant do both, shooting and casting GC and fire wall.