Forums » Fallout

Your feelings about Fallout 4

• 1595 posts
    November 2, 2015 4:35 PM EST

Spot on. There is a world of difference between answering that way in our heads to actually hearing it said with all associated emotions. This is why sometimes movies make us cry, it's all about empathy.

Sure the written word in a fiction book can also do that but normally it takes a long time and many pages of exposition and character progression. Simply, you cannot have an emotional conversation using unvoiced text without many, many lines of dialogue. All that can be illustrated far more simply by an actor's inflection.

• 207 posts
    November 3, 2015 7:10 AM EST

no, early birthday present.

But around x-mas i'm gonna have a pc.

• 207 posts
    November 3, 2015 7:20 AM EST

I think at least dunmer would need another voice actor. But i don't think i would be happy about a voiced protagonist in tes. But i'll have to wait for fo4 to be better able to judge it.

• 649 posts
    November 3, 2015 7:21 AM EST

Exactly. We´ll just have to see how it will look in Fallout.

• November 3, 2015 9:36 AM EST

Karver my friend the discussion title your feelings about FO4 was what I responded to mate, I never suggested that you should or should not play it, you may have had an issue free Skyrim I certainly did not, hence my comments above, If I have taken your words out of context then I apologise in advance as I meant no offence

• 649 posts
    November 3, 2015 10:02 AM EST

No problem, Bonelord, I wasn´t offended. I just don´t understand the reasoning behind your opinion that it will be buggy as hell, hence not worth of playing.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 3, 2015 5:58 PM EST

I hate it for making Bethesda commit the time and energy to it instead of the next Elder Scrolls.

Four years since TES V, and we've still got a few years to go. This is maddening.

• 177 posts
    November 3, 2015 6:48 PM EST

I feel so excited I may explode! I love Fallout to death, and I have always had a soft spot for the East Coast part of Fallout lore! Even though I will have to wait a bit, until I get the money to upgrade my computer and buy the game, I am really looking forward to it! And, my step-brother owns and Xbox One and plans to buy the game..so I may visit him.  And maybe stay for a day, and not play Fallout 4 all night.  Okay, maybe a teensy weensy bit...

• 490 posts
    November 3, 2015 7:15 PM EST
    I am a bigger Fallout fan than I am Elder Scrolls. I am way too excited. I have been watching all the spoiler videos (story spoilers don't bother me, I make my own stories in RPGs) and have been planning character concepts from the info we know about.

This is definitely the most excited I have ever been for a game and this includes Skyrim. If you thought 30+ character builds was a testiment to how much I love ES games, I am dizzy thinking about characters for Fallout...
    • 1217 posts
    November 3, 2015 9:00 PM EST

It's good to hear that someone who has seen all the spoilers is still so psyked. Reddit has been dominated by negativity since the leaks started.

• 1441 posts
    November 3, 2015 9:05 PM EST

Henson, does this mean....Henson Fallout Builds 

• 1441 posts
    November 3, 2015 9:06 PM EST

Pinkie, what if you explode, and then explode again from excitement?!

• 490 posts
    November 3, 2015 9:08 PM EST
    Sure, but I probably won't post anything until 5-6 months into the game. I didn't join this site until about 6-8 months into Skyrim as I just wanted to focus on playing. I am just excited that I am here now for a new Bethesda release to share in everyone else's enjoyment at the same time as my own!
    • 1441 posts
    November 3, 2015 9:13 PM EST

Well, I know I'll be making a build on my first character. So, gonna name him after yourself Henson?

• 177 posts
    November 3, 2015 10:44 PM EST

• 1441 posts
    November 3, 2015 10:46 PM EST

Well, you could rxplode in anger, then spontaneously combust

• 649 posts
    November 4, 2015 2:04 AM EST

This.

I´m quite excited that I can be here at the moment when the ball starts rolling. But I don´t know if I´ll be making a build a month after realese, or 5 months. Hell, even if I´ll be making builds at all. It all comes down to how satisfied I will be with Fallout 4 possibilities to build.

By that I´m not saying it will be bad, you can pretty much build in any game, but some games suit me better than others.

• 1913 posts
    November 4, 2015 2:07 AM EST

*takes 5-10 seconds to do a master level spell that won't even kill you without the target being weakened already*

*takes a .25 of a second to pull a trigger of a shotgun and have a head explode*

• 1441 posts
    November 4, 2015 2:17 AM EST

Hey Karver, if you have them, perhaps you could do F03 and FNV builds?

• 1913 posts
    November 4, 2015 2:51 AM EST

Considering Xbox One is allowing fallout 3 to be played via backwards compatibility... I think it will be great.

• 649 posts
    November 4, 2015 3:07 AM EST

Truth to be told, there was a moment when I was considering shifting my attention to those two games and building - I even started a Thief character in NV, but it didn´t go as I wanted because Fallout kinda limits you in this playstyle, so I gave up.

Plus I was quite busy with Skyrim, Oblivion, General Gaming and writing, so focusing on Fallout too would be to difficult for me. I have a full-time job and (full-time ) girlfriend, so sometimes it´s difficult to actually get to gaming.

Maybe Fallout 4 will awake the right vibe in me and I´ll get to building for Fallout. Maybe not. We´ll see.

• 1913 posts
    November 4, 2015 3:12 AM EST

Makes me wonder what a part time girlfriend is...

• 288 posts
    November 4, 2015 3:14 AM EST

I still can't understand this whole "building" mania, especially the desire to showcase your characters to other people. I'm thinking it's probably some psychological disorder in modern gamers - narcissism, inferiority complex, etc.

Jokes aside, I can relate to the need to describe in a no class restriction game like Skyrim the most common archetypes like Paladin, Swordmaster, Barbarian, Demonhunter, etc. However, having things like "Character build: The order of the left testicle of Zeus" comes a bit too much for me.

• 288 posts
    November 4, 2015 3:22 AM EST

Intimate relationships are ultimately bad for gaming, it's a long proven fact.

The power to avoid them completely is only given to us chosen few, however

• 649 posts
    November 4, 2015 3:25 AM EST

Part time girlfriend? Probably that one that usurps you only at weekends

Or some 15-18 years old teen still living with her parents, sleeping with teddy bear and forcing you to go out with her holding hands and other crap like that