Forums » General Gaming

Listen up, Bethesda: the feedback thread

• 694 posts
    October 21, 2015 11:48 PM EDT
    We've all occasionally wondered when and how often Bethesda checks in on the Vault. It's sort of a weird thing to think about what they may or may not see... so let's assume you had the chance to be heard loud and clear.

If you had a captive audience of game developers and Todd Howard together in a room and could say anything you wanted, what would it be? Do you have a specific recommendation for a future game? A larger issue you want to address?

If you have multiple suggestions or bones to pick, feel free to drop any and all down. Just make sure you indicate your biggest comment loud and clear. Bolding it should do the trick, I think. 
    • 411 posts
    October 21, 2015 11:55 PM EDT

Bethesda Guys make the Next TES bigger WAAYYYYYY BIGGER then skyrim was i want big citys i want more Npcs And i want the Best Storyline Any TES game has ever seen. One that Surpasses morrowind.

• 694 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:02 AM EDT

I think we can allllllll agree on this one.  

Any suggestions for storyline, Mirric? And if you had your pick, where would you want it set?

• 95 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:13 AM EDT
    There was that period where the Dominion and the Empire lost all contact for a fairly long time and nobody knows what was going on in the Isles. I'd love to have a game either during that period or take place after Skyrim but with the events at least mentioned.
    Oh, the whole "Dragonborn who was blessed by Akatosh and is Ysmir blah blah blah" kinda got on my nerves. In Oblivion, you were just some guy who got involved with the Crisis. In Skyrim, it just feels too "ur da ultimate hero".
    • 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:18 AM EDT
    I would set it in the Summerset isles.
    And perhaps the Thalmor find the numidium and fuck some shit up.
    • 367 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:22 AM EDT

Don't add a faction like the Companions to the game then simply stop working on them and screw them over. You want proof? Aela the Huntress. Her speech is in the game files to aid you on your trial yet the only one who can actualy take you is Farkas... Why?

Secondly, where the hell are the sodding SPEARS? We all know the next TES game is BlackMarsh. Give us our spears! What, you're afraid Argonians will take over TES like we did Morrowind and the Oblivion gates? Seriousely, Please Encourage Argonian Relations... Sotek. 

• 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:23 AM EDT
    Screw Akatosh #Daedraforlife!
    • 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:24 AM EDT
    People will make sex jokes involving spears.
    • 367 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:25 AM EDT

Hssss!!

• 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:27 AM EDT
    Im apart of the reptilian brotherhood too!
    Hissssssssss
    • 113 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:30 AM EDT

Argonia....

• 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:31 AM EDT
    Too much hissing in argonia.
    • 113 posts

MAKE OFFLINE TWO PLAYER GAMEPLAY FOR NEXT ELDER SCROLLS

• 694 posts

I suspected you may have some feedback about the Companions.  But I agree, I think more could have been done there.

True, we know it will be Argonia, but I envisioned this as a total free for all, where anything goes. Of course I know you wouldn't have it any other way.  Also, SPEARS made me giggle.

• 694 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:33 AM EDT

I hope these are all friendly hisses, btw. 

• 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:34 AM EDT
    Shadowkey has it
    • 113 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:36 AM EDT

Thats a spinoff. I want offline coop in a official game 

• 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:37 AM EDT
    You wont be a true fan like me until you 100% ALL of the TES Games. inclusing spinoffs
    • 113 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:42 AM EDT

wtf.... how many years it took you to complete all those games? 

• 694 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:46 AM EDT

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this either. This reminds me of a thread from a few weeks back... In Edd's thread on gaming habits one of the things people frequently cited as a pet peeve was other people watching them play. If TES VI supported couch coop... I gotta feel like it would alleviate some of the awkwardness people mention and that there's definitely a contingency of folks who would appreciate it.

• 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:50 AM EDT
    I have been playing since i was 3. I Would say over some where over 10 or 13
    to get to the point where i am now.
    • 41 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:59 AM EDT
    What I'd like to see more than anything else would be alternative paths for all questlines. By this I mean things like the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood quest. They don't necessarily have to be join/destroy, just some kind of alternative to make the questlines somewhat less linear.
    • 694 posts
    October 22, 2015 1:19 AM EDT

I like this idea. Maybe having multiple branches in a questline of that sort (rather than a more "forked" approach) would be the way to do it. Give more options for choice and consequence as you progress through and have the decisions be increasingly meaningful and have more weight as you near the end of it. 

• 6 posts
    October 22, 2015 3:32 AM EDT

Let us worship daedra. Pls!

• 161 posts
    October 22, 2015 8:10 AM EDT

I want more Roleplay Elements. Like Weather effecting what people wear. Backpacks and more customization options. I would really love if they put a Lefty Controls/Animations for Lefties via Options menu when Activated. I'm tired having play a righty in everything I do in a great game series. As well with gameplay More Cultural Armors and Weapons for every race and class. Would be great is if in the beginning of the game somehow you can pick a class and it will give you buffs and Powers on the class that has something to do with your race BTW Mixed Races too. Imperial Redguard for me!