Forums » General Gaming

Listen up, Bethesda: the feedback thread

• 9 posts
    October 22, 2015 8:11 AM EDT
    Or if you do a simple forked approach add at least as much depth. Destroy the dark brotherhood was a let down. Too short and too easy
    • 9 posts
    October 22, 2015 8:16 AM EDT
    I would tell them to look at the Witcher series to see how to improve the game stories. There's a lot of good material in the elder scrolls but sometimes the execution in game feels a bit weak. My ideal game is a blend between the 2 series. I don't have Witcher 3 since my rig is old so I can't judge how close it gets.
    • 9 posts
    October 22, 2015 9:03 AM EDT
    And improve magic, especially by replacing cost reduction perks with something more useful. And bring back spell making!!!!!
    • 122 posts
    October 22, 2015 11:17 AM EDT
    One word: Sloads.
    • 203 posts
    October 22, 2015 3:31 PM EDT

I would like to see more cultural influences. I can't be the only one who was seriously intrigued when finding the Alik'r at the Whiterun gates for the first time. Their clothing style just broke off from that of the nords and it just made them much more interesting. I want to see something similar but on a larger scale, if people come from a different province than the one played in I want to be able to see that for myself without having to ask them.

Mercenaries could still wear the armour of their homeland, citizens might have several tokens related to their nationality in their homes or if they recently came to the country they have a more distinct cultural segregation. Skyrim did the last thing very nicely in the gray quarter but it lacked everywhere else. I for example would love to see a nord living in blackmarsh having a casket full of blackbriar mead standing on a shelf in his kitchen or a high elf barkeep offering alinor delicacies.

Another important part of it is cultural armour variations. It was somewhat present in Morrowind where you could clearly feel a difference between imperial gear and local stuff but it has been somewhat lacking since. I want my argonian to have the ability to craft argonian steel armour instead of the nordic stuff, and I want an orcish blacksmith to sell orcish-like gear which is not made out of Orichalcum.

• 100 posts
    October 22, 2015 3:38 PM EDT
    I'd say: Now that you are all in this room together, your not leaving until TESV Hammerfell is done...
    • 1441 posts
    October 22, 2015 3:40 PM EDT

For me, a Cyberpunk/Steampunk hybrid, open world RPG, with situations changing depending on factors. Say you eliminate a crime lord, perhaps the areas they ruled are now slowly getting better, or maybe a new crime lord takes over. That's one game idea

Another, something like Kingdoms Come, is having a low fantasy action RPG where you rise from a nobody, to a somebody, with permadeath as an option, and perhaps allowing you to command an army, even a small one

• 1217 posts
    October 22, 2015 3:44 PM EDT
    At this point, I'd put two things in their ear: Let Obsidian do another Fallout spinoff(and give them time to finish it properly), and bring us TESVI Akavir.
    • 1441 posts
    October 22, 2015 3:47 PM EDT

Hmm, perhaps produce Van Buren, and see what F03 would have been

• 1217 posts
    October 22, 2015 3:49 PM EDT
    I'd be cool with that.
    • 1441 posts
    October 22, 2015 3:53 PM EDT

Either isometric, or full 3d

• 641 posts
    October 22, 2015 4:30 PM EDT

I would say give Michael Kirkbride unlimited freedom and budget for the next ES game.

• 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 4:39 PM EDT
    Im cool with it as long as theres no 9th era robots
    • 1441 posts
    October 22, 2015 4:48 PM EDT

What if there were was more Hoondingery? I bet Matt Feeney would enjoy that

• 43 posts
    October 22, 2015 6:58 PM EDT

I would want a Fallout game in Washington, the state, not DC. Your character would be a refugee from an society that had taken refuge and set up a base in the Pre-War Columbia Center. You escaped, and are trying to amass enough control in the area to storm the Columbia Center and stop their leader, the mysterious so-called "Life-Bringer". The society is capturing wastelanders and implanting chips in their brains that initiate fail-safes when they interact with certain people and objects, making them sleeper agents without their knowledge. They then wipe their memories and set them out into the wasteland.But the character managed to escape getting his memory wiped, so now the character has to manage to trek across the nuclear winter version of Washington, and in the process find a way to stop them.

• 7 posts
    October 22, 2015 8:58 PM EDT

I'd say redesign the argonians to their oblivion looks.  Only updated a little.

• 1217 posts
    October 22, 2015 9:01 PM EDT

Woah, no! Don't make anything look like Oblivion again!

• 627 posts
    October 22, 2015 9:02 PM EDT

Don't make any of the character models look like oblivion again* 

The rest of the game was gorgeous 

• 411 posts
    October 22, 2015 9:09 PM EDT

You guys gave me a idea 
    *boots up creation kit*

• 1217 posts

That sounds fair.

• 485 posts
    Use the character models from ESO. They look so much better. Elves look so much better without the massive brows.
    • 177 posts
    October 22, 2015 9:14 PM EDT

I would like more options, especially on the evil side! I am tired of "You are the knight in shining armor or the black knight" I want grey areas! Another thing I want is more customization options, changing armor color, customizing weapons, tattoos etc.! And most of all please recognize Fallout: Equestria's existence, an easter egg, a comment in an interview, anything please. 

• 1217 posts
    October 22, 2015 9:14 PM EDT

I'd miss the Hugo Weaving elves, though...

• 1217 posts
    October 22, 2015 9:16 PM EDT

changing armor color

This needs to be a thing in all their games going forward. Just a basic hue/contrast slider is all it takes!

• 485 posts
    October 22, 2015 9:20 PM EDT
    ESO has countless shader options and it's fantastic.