Forums » Elder Scrolls

"What's your happy place?"

• 7 posts
    November 16, 2011 6:31 PM EST
    In skyrim, I've been hit with several "wow" moments where the scenery took my breath away. There's a million more to be found, I'm sure, and I'd like to take a second and hear peoples thoughts on what the most awe inspiring place theyve seen in skyrim so far is. Somewhere you'd meditate, or relax, or go to calm yourself down after a rough day. I'm split between the eldergleam sanctuary or the terraces in solitude overlooking the landscape. I'm sure I'll find better as I've explored a sliver of skyrim so far but, what ranks #1 on your list?
    • 6 posts
    November 17, 2011 4:21 PM EST

I like the town Falkreath because the scenery in it and the surrounding area remind me of knothole glade from the first fable game and i just like that type of scenery.

• 7 posts
    November 17, 2011 8:33 PM EST
    Ah yes, fable. How I miss my time in Albion! If only I could have a dog in skyrim... Wait  >.>
    • 4 posts
    November 17, 2011 10:10 PM EST

Lost valley redoubt is definitively one of my favorites. If you can ignore the forsworn all over the place it is a incredibly beautiful place. You have crumbling ruins, aqueducts, plenty of plants, not to mention a sort of terrace look to it. Also, I really like the marshes north of morath. They just appeal to me for some reason.

The entire game is gorgeous though, with the exception of the sewers. My tv makes the blacks very deep so it's hard to see even with maxed brightness. Using a torch is impractical because I play a sneak style :(

Other than that though it's all good.

• 1 posts
    November 18, 2011 9:41 AM EST

i like whiterun im thinking about buying a house there. I dont know why i like it there it just really nice and everyone is friendly.

• 17 posts
    November 18, 2011 12:28 PM EST

My house in Whiterun is definitely my favorite everyday location. However, the wow place for me is the mountain where the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. What a view!

• 7 posts
    November 18, 2011 12:31 PM EST
    Never been to the valley but it sounds like I'll have to explore the area!
    • 7 posts
    November 18, 2011 12:33 PM EST
    Ah whiterun, I think my number 3 is that temple of kynareth during the nighttime in whiterun. It's a beautiful place!
    • 7 posts
    November 18, 2011 12:34 PM EST
    i saw that shrine in the concept art, I can't wait to find it! FML so much to do o.O
    • 8 posts
    November 18, 2011 12:39 PM EST

I really like the area southeast of Isgramor and west of Riften at the big waterfalls. There are multiple levels of falls cascading down to the valley below. The change in elevation gave me a small sense of vertigo while standing at the top. And at each successive fall the landscape changes and the water flows beautifully and sounds like a real waterfall. If anyone has ever been to Adam's Falls in Colorado (or any waterfall for that matter), this area reminds me of a gigantic version of that. You can even hear the falls from a distance. I highly recommend stopping and listening to the falls for a minute...So Cool!

• 297 posts
    November 18, 2011 12:42 PM EST

pretty much any dwemer dungeon once you get into them a bit -absolutely breathtaking-

• 77 posts
    November 19, 2011 9:25 AM EST

This. Knothole Glade must be my all time favorite town in any game. Too bad we can't purchase a house in Falkreath :/

Oh wait, they're releaseing teh Creation Kit, so we can make our own houses... 

I'm so damn happy I chose PC :P

• 411 posts
    December 28, 2015 5:49 PM EST
    The Skooma den cause skooma is good.
    • 393 posts
    December 28, 2015 5:56 PM EST

The most favorite is the Arch-Mage's quarters, that little place with plants and magelights is beautiful. The second is the Thalmor Embassy.

• 367 posts
    December 28, 2015 7:45 PM EST

I’ve two places which contribute to my ‘happy space’. The first is an overhang ‘Greenspring Hollow’. It’s a lovely little overhang which I often goto. Whether it’s hunting or even hanging around with the pack.  

The second is the Hall of Jorrvaskr which I often spend time on my step by the fire pit as I ponder my next move or adventure.

• 321 posts
    December 28, 2015 10:26 PM EST

There was that one hunting camp near between Windhelm and Narzulbur. The view was gorgeous since it was during the afternoon.

That and the view on top of the waterfall between Riverrun and Whiterun. Just look this pic and see it for yourself.

• 393 posts
    December 29, 2015 3:45 AM EST

Lol, you must have meant Riverwood) Riverrun is in the Game of Thrones)))) Nice pic btw))

• 9 posts
    January 18, 2016 5:13 AM EST

My favorite place to go and relax is the Riften docks and look out upon the autumn colored forests and Goldenglow Estate.

• 273 posts
    January 18, 2016 5:32 PM EST

You know the very peak of the Throat of the World, where the Notched Pickaxe is? Yeah, I like to go there, the highest point in Tamriel and just gaze over the province... Relaxing... I feel my spirit resonating with the world, divines bless you, Skyrim...

• 9 posts
    January 19, 2016 8:48 AM EST

I hadn't though of that as it's a very generic place in my mind, but now that I've seen it on here then maybe I'm wrong haha