Forums » General Gaming

What Is Your Favourite Character Name?

• 641 posts
    October 16, 2015 2:20 PM EDT

Both in Fallout and Elder Scrolls what are your favourite names that you have used for characters?

In Elder Scrolls I always end up using names of characters from my favourite fantasy books like Anomander Rake, Toc the Younger and Icarium and in Fallout I like to stick with the theme of the standard names so I use stuff like the Stranger, the Drifter and the Nameless ect.

But my all time favourite name comes from one of my first Fallout 3 character who I named Swagdog Trillionaire .   

• 404 posts
    October 16, 2015 2:51 PM EDT

Jake The Orc is the name I gave my Orc Warrior in both Oblivion and Skyrim. Jake is still in Skyrim, just living a life as a Companion and mod.

• 641 posts
    October 16, 2015 2:58 PM EDT

Is there any reasons behind the name or do you just like it?

• 404 posts
    October 16, 2015 3:03 PM EDT

I have a friend from Church that has that name, and he always protected me when I was little. my friend and I are like two years apart, he is older then me. that and Jake is a great name in general.

• 641 posts
    October 16, 2015 3:07 PM EDT

Thats pretty cool 

• 411 posts
    October 16, 2015 3:54 PM EDT
    Mirric Farseer I came up with it while trying to come up a Nordic name that also sounds magey
    • 168 posts
    October 16, 2015 5:22 PM EDT

I have plenty!!!

My Thalmor Slayer Khajiit Dragonborn is Shigeru. I named him after the man who created Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda and Star Fox: Shigeru Miyamoto. I really admire that man.

Shigeru has a twin sister whose name is Shinderu. Shinderu is Cynder in japanese. Yep, I named her after the dragoness from the Legend of Spyro series because Shigeru, Shinderu and Cynder share the same body colors. Cynder has black body, green eyes and white horns. Shigeru and Shinderu have black fur, green eyes and white hair. Yes, you can say I "Khajiitified" Cynder

Shigeru is married to Shabhira and they have 3 kids. The oldest one is Gaurunn (I got this name from a Nord name generator), named after Shigeru and Shinderu's adoptive Nord father as a way of paying homage to him and the young twins Zuna and Daichi. Daichi is a legendary katana from the game Fable 2 (man, I love this game), owned by the female warrior monk Zuna.

Shinderu is married to Supairo (Spyro in japanese, from the game Legend of Spyro series) and they have 2 kids. Rakesi (again I got this name from a Nord name generator), named after Shigeru and Shinderu's adoptive Nord mother as a way of paying homage to her and Armin, named after the DJ Armin Van Buuren.

• 24 posts
    October 16, 2015 8:01 PM EDT

Ruslan - assassin

Tobias - knight

Logan - ranger

Balund or Bláán (old Irish variant of my name) - warrior

In Fallout, I use the surname Hale

• 98 posts
    October 16, 2015 8:02 PM EDT

My Redguard Sword Singer's name, Cyrus, immediately comes to mind. A throwback to Cyrus the Restless of the little-known ''The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard'' game.

• 411 posts
    October 16, 2015 8:04 PM EDT

I love that game

• 203 posts
    October 16, 2015 8:30 PM EDT

For the elder scrolls that really depends on the race I'm playing.  I have a lot of sources I go to when searching for a good name. My latest orc character is called Uram Gro-Largash. Which I basicly plucked off the UESP name lore pages. And my Argonian is called Teineeva, which originated as me misspelling the name of one of the oblivion shadowscales.

For fallout it depends on the game, for 3 I'll just go with whatever crosses my mind but when I play New Vegas I go with Ektos, which comes from the greek for Sixth (as in courier six).

• 40 posts
    October 17, 2015 12:05 AM EDT

I'm pretty fond of my Orc's name, which is Murkamul Khatbuk (I call him Murk), and it was actually a randomly generated name I found on a website. :) I tend to be very fond of names that can exist in real life as well, so when I had to think up a name for my Dunmer vampire, I drew from Greek mythology, and chose "Acheron" (the river of woe) for a vampire lord with a tragic past. His surname, Morvayn, I took from the UESP.com site Dunmer names page, which gave me a very lovely tie-in with some of the Dark Elves on Solstheim. "Tavareth", the first name of my Wood Elf, is actually from an old LOTR name generator, and his surname, Redvale, was of my own invention which again, followed the UESP.com site's naming guide for Bosmer surnames from 2 of the older TES games.

As a general rule, though, I try to stay as lore-friendly with names as I possibly can when coming up with Elder Scrolls characters.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 17, 2015 12:15 AM EDT

Grithnir

Eldamar

Magnar

• 113 posts
    October 17, 2015 3:03 AM EDT

SINDEED

• 367 posts
    October 17, 2015 3:06 AM EDT

Sotek He-Who-Don't-Tell

It's always been Sotek. Years ago I had a Warhammer Lizardman Army and I had a favourite Skink who I called Sotek after the Skink God Sotek. I only play Argonians, they are always green (As green as I can get at any rate) and they are always called Sotek. (unless it’s for screen shots, I have a few others).

He has had a few names over the last few years.

Sotek He-Who-Don’t-Tell

Sotek Tells-Whelps-To-Be-Quiet

Sotek Mind-Your-own-Business

Sotek Keeps-It-To-Himself

He does have an actual full name but that is hidden in the depths of my story and won’t come out until he visits his family in Morrowind. (chapter 300 odd)

• 288 posts
    October 17, 2015 10:48 AM EDT

Overhate, obviously

Or I use my real name.

• 641 posts
    October 17, 2015 1:28 PM EDT

Am I the only one that uses names from fantasy books? lol

• 585 posts
    October 17, 2015 1:32 PM EDT
    Zonnonn!

I think I sense a pattern emerging...
    • 8 posts
    October 17, 2015 8:22 PM EDT
    In skyrim i always name my characters something like dirk or shadow or i give them a title like my orc werewolf margin Skull-Crushed.
    In fallout it's always Frankie
    • 404 posts
    October 17, 2015 8:35 PM EDT

cool.

• 95 posts
    October 17, 2015 9:45 PM EDT
    TES: Valund for my male Nord Vigilant of Stendarr
    Caranthir for my male Altmer mage.
    I just like the names.
    Fallout: I normally go with Ralph 'cuz it fits well in the universe and my own last name, Baker.
    • 1217 posts
    October 18, 2015 12:35 PM EDT

My favorite name for any of my Skyrim characters has been Alazir; I felt like it was a boss name for a boss character. My favorite from Fallout was character who called himself Thaddeus "Tadd" Barbaric, just so he could comment on being a "tad barbaric" with the locals.

• 2 posts
    October 18, 2015 2:14 PM EDT

Roland, rolls of the tongue. 

• 127 posts
    October 19, 2015 6:51 AM EDT

I use surnames more than first names regularly in TES.

deSele for Bretons, featuring Manlei in Oblivion and Idhea in Skyrim.
    Avaris for Dunmer, Magnes and Faldric both in Oblivion, though none have appeared in Skyrim.
    Lanissus for Imperials. Ooh boy so many.  Cressida, Alista, Cervex, Janus, Idianus, Cadmus, and more that I'm probably forgetting.
    gro-Shakh for Orcs, all stemming from Shakh Rush in Oblivion.

Falout though, always Cassidy.  Always.

• 39 posts
    October 19, 2015 11:44 AM EDT

My current playthrough whom I'm using for a build I'm working on is named Eleazar (Breton), which I find pretty beast-mode. A few more are Thorn (the despoiler) and Ruin (again a build I'm working on) who I roleplay as Nordic brothers.