Forums » The Lounge

• 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:21 PM EDT

Hey there everypony/one! So, earlier today I made some chocolate cupcakes, and my thoughts shifted to whatever a regular person's thoughts would. I wonder what the favorite sweets of the people of The Tamriel Vault are? So today I have  a simple question....

What is your favorite sweet?

Myself I looooove cupcakes! They are fun to make and usually turn out looking really nice! I also love cinnamon rolls, despite the fact I couldn't make one to save my life!

• 649 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:25 PM EDT

Honey cake, but because my gf is alergic to nuts, we´re not doing that one at home. But we´re doing a Chocolate Roof quite often, with banana inside it. Delicious.

• 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:31 PM EDT

I like honey cake myself, and that Chocolate Roof sounds great! The banana is a nice touch! 

• 649 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:36 PM EDT

Yeah, and it´s awesome that you don´t have to bake it. All you need are bisquits, whipped sweet cream cheese, hot chocolate and banana. Basically you create a triangle from those bisquits and inside that is the cream cheese and banana - that cream cheese is holding those bisquits together. Then you pour chocolate on it and put it into fridge for 2 hours. 

• 649 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:39 PM EDT

This

• 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:42 PM EDT

Mmmmm, looks as good as it sounds! I may try that out later! 

• 649 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:43 PM EDT

Highly recommended. 

• 411 posts
    October 14, 2015 7:56 PM EDT
    Human Organs with Moonsugar mixed in. That or sweetrolls With bits of sliced human meat.
    • 694 posts
    October 14, 2015 8:10 PM EDT

Oo. Cripes. Are we talking baked goods specifically? Or does general candy count too?

• 1467 posts
    October 14, 2015 8:15 PM EDT
    God damn cheesecake... I'll eat a cheesecake any day of the week, 24/7. It's just absolutely the best type of cake ever.
    • 485 posts
    October 14, 2015 8:20 PM EDT
    None for me no thanks. That stuff makes you fat.
    • 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:07 PM EDT

Candy counts as well!

• 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:09 PM EDT

I've had quite a bit of cheesecake in my time, my stepfather loved it! And I can agree with it's deliciousness! 

• 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:10 PM EDT

It does, but it tastes soooooo good! And if you eat it in moderation your alright! 

• 122 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:55 PM EDT
    Muffins for days, especially blueberry flavored. Just the best. I love cheesecake too, but I only get the best ones on special occasions like my birthday.
    • 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:59 PM EDT

Drugs and human flesh...sounds like the ingredients for one of my special cupcakes....

• 95 posts
    October 14, 2015 10:06 PM EDT

• 95 posts
    October 14, 2015 10:07 PM EDT

Oh! Chocolate covered graham crackers. It doesn't sound amazing, but I assure you; it is!

• 411 posts
    October 14, 2015 10:09 PM EDT
    Naturally i mostly use Uncle Sweetshares refined moonsugar.
    • 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 10:09 PM EDT

I've tried that before! It is amazing, everypony/one should be required to try it at least once! 

• 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 10:12 PM EDT

I haven't had too many varieties of muffins, but I do love myself some cheesecake! 

• 7 posts
    October 14, 2015 10:14 PM EDT

Home Cooked Cake. Preferably chocolate cake, though hold the icing.

• 1217 posts
    October 15, 2015 12:47 AM EDT
    Soooo hard to narrow down. Brownies, Oreos, Spree, Starburst, Nerds and Jelly Beans all rock my world to exceeeeeeeding degrees. Chocolate chip cookies are runners up. My last roommate makes the best I've ever had.
    • 694 posts
    October 15, 2015 10:31 AM EDT

So I'm sorta "meh" on baked goods. I get more into things like baked or roasted fruits. So like... baked apples with maple and cinnamon, or poached pears with a little caramel drizzled on top, or roasted peaches with a brown sugar and bourbon glaze. All that stuff takes more work than I'm usually up for. 

If I get a sweet tooth (which is pretty rare as I've gotten older) and don't feel like cooking I'll grab something like Red Vines or some other sort of fruity/licorice type thing. 

• T
    • 32 posts
    October 15, 2015 10:59 AM EDT

But cinnamon rolls are so easy to make :O
    They're also my favorite sweet, so here's a recipe that's easier to make! 
    It's the one I use, and it only takes about an hour to make them (half an hour is waiting)

500 grams of flour, 100 grams of sugar, some salt, some ginger or vanilla, some yeast (I never really measure, but it can't be more than 40 grams) and 0.3 Litres (0.08 Gallons, 10 fluid ounces, or 1.3 US cups, lel imperial measurements are ridiculous) of warm milk.
    Mix it all, mash the clumps till they're all gone, then put it back in the bowl, cover it up with a towel, and wait for half an hour. 

While you're waiting, grind some sugar into powder. (where I'm from everyone has a bag of powdered sugar, but meh. Cultures) 

Flour the counter to keep it from sticking to the dough.
    Take half of the dough, and flatten it till it's about as thick as a finger, then flatten it. (should look like a pizza)
    Cover one side with butter, (about 50 grams) add cinnamon and powdered sugar on top, and roll it up.
    (same for the rest of the dough)

Cut them into rolls as thick as you want them, wait fifteen minutes (cover them with a towel, make sure it doesn't touch the rolls) smear some egg over the rolls, and bake them for ten minutes at 250 degrees C. (480 F)

To finish them, mix some powdered sugar with water and put it on one side of the rolls.

Two staves (or whatever, calling them rolls is confusing) of dough is good for 20 or thirty rolls, so you can make them in the weekend and have enough for the rest of the week.