Forums » Elder Scrolls

IRL Fealty Switch (and other questions)

• October 14, 2015 8:50 AM EDT

As I was going through my page I began to question my interest in Molag Bal. Truthfully I only favored him for his gift of vampirism (vampires still rock). But after playing as a werewolf after the longest time, and while brainstorming stuff about the Daedric Templars, I found my allegiance shifting towards Hermaeus Mora. To be honest, the Oghma Infinium's stat boosts were aweshum. The powers granted by the Black Books as well, because who doesn't like a Secret Servant or Black Market on the go? Also, Bend Will is just stellar. Nothing like riding a Dragon into a bandit camp and feeding him. :P

Plus, realizing that Molag Bal was the god of rape kinda.... Yea.

So I gotta ask you all; have you ever found your interest or loyalty to one of the in-game factions in the Elder Scrolls series waning or shifting do to altered beliefs or storylines? If so, what was the reason? Did you find some horrible secret, or did you learn that some other force has power that is far more enticing to you?

And on the note of other questions, is there anywhere on the vault that I could post, oh say, a short custom lore on the Daedric Templars?

• 649 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:02 AM EDT

As for your Lore on Dark Templars. Faction Profiles are allowed in Roleplaying group. There already is one Faction Profile. Resurrectionists I think, but I´m not able to find it right now.

• October 14, 2015 9:03 AM EDT

Grazie for your response.

Also it's Daedric Templars. Dark Templar was already taken. ;_;

And I found the Faction. http://tamrielvault.com/group/role-playing/forum/topics/faction-profile-the-resurrectionists

• 649 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:12 AM EDT

Daedric Templars. Sorry.

And yeah, that´s it. I think it´s really great option how to describe a whole faction, not just one individual member.

• 641 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:27 AM EDT

Do your Daedric Templars worship "Oblivion Undivided" Black Legion style?

As for changing beliefs I was 100% pro-Stormcloak the first time I played Skyrim until I got halfway through the game and realized I was wrong.

• October 14, 2015 9:42 AM EDT

You're going to have to define "Oblivion Undivided" and "Black Legion style", as I am a sad excuse for a worshipper of lord Hermaeus Mora. ;__;

Honestly, I always thought General Tullius was a prick for debasing the Nord's culture.. Then I realized what Ulfric winning the war would mean for Skyrim.

Me joining Tullius feels more like Defecting from Decadence.

• 641 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:58 AM EDT

Oh sorry, I was using Warhammer 40K terms  I just meant do your Templars worship all Daedra?

I changed sides when I realized that Ulfric does not represent the opinions of all Nords and it wasn't an Imperial Civil War but a Skyrim Civil War between Pro-Empire Nords and Pro-Secessionist Nords.

• October 14, 2015 10:47 AM EDT

It's a little bit more complicated than that. They do not explicitly "worship" them as much as they do "acknowledge" their influence on this world. Most Daedric Templars worship the Princes, but the bare minimum is that you must accept and acknowledge the threads of fate the wield in their hands. It is only then that you can take those threads and weave them in your own shape.

That said, there are some aspects that make it sound a bit like a cult. :P

• 649 posts
    October 14, 2015 11:00 AM EDT

"I hate cults. And cupcakes. Cupcake cults are the worst."

"Very profound, my lord. But you do realize there is no such cult-"

"I know, right? They weren´t invented yet, Haskill. Or they were eaten by my cheese cult."

"Such horrible fate."

So said the one and only true god. And his Chamberlain.

• October 14, 2015 11:38 AM EDT

TBH I dont think about it too much. My characters are always evil vampires who care only about themselves. They use daedric artifacts as tools like they are. I mean if you were truly devoted to a daedra you wouldnt have all of them believe youre their champion. I once had a character that served Mehrunes Dagon, what he did was gather all the artifacts and throw them away in the middle of the ocean.

• 177 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:09 PM EDT

"Cupcake Cults" Do go on! I am intrigued!

• 649 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:15 PM EDT

I expected you´ll jump in! 

"Cheese cult or cheesy cult? Why not both?!" 

• October 14, 2015 8:14 PM EDT

NOOOOOOOOOO!! *swims out to sea to find them all*

But lol. My main char, Blackblood, is only gonna use the Oghma Infinium. He's collecting the rest of the items for the other 15 worshippers.

• 694 posts
    October 14, 2015 8:14 PM EDT

I was 100% pro-Stormcloak the first time I played Skyrim until I got halfway through the game and realized I was wrong.

This made me giggle for real. When I first picked up the game, I wanted to be pro-Stormcloak... but as things started to unfold I just knew there was no way I could ever really support them.

• 1467 posts
    October 14, 2015 8:22 PM EDT
    I think it's only really my opinions on the Altmer, and more specifically the Thalmor that changed over time. Originally they were just those assholes who wanted to kill Talos worshippers but after reading through some Thalmor Lore I actually kind of understood why they were doing it. It kind of turned Altmer from my least favourite race into my favourite race.
    • 41 posts
    October 14, 2015 10:07 PM EDT
    Originally, I found Sheogorath to be "meh". He was amusing, but ultimately weak and his staff seemed lack luster. Then the shivering isles... All hail the mad god!
  • October 15, 2015 8:34 PM EDT

They have one thing right: elves mean no good.

Other than that, they are too darn Nord for me. It takes place in Skyrim, I know that, but there are some forgettable things that imply there are non-Nord humans amongst the Stormcloaks; it would be nice if Bethesda made it obvious. Furthermore, the way the civil war was presented implies only Nords worship Talos, which is a bunch of... bullshit .

It would have been nice if there were some Breton, Redguard, and Imperial NPCs who migrated from High Rock and Cyrodiil to the holds aligned with the Stormcloaks  (because pro is not formal enough ) as a result of their Talos worship. Endure in groups, assist in the war efforts, and all that shit.

• 33 posts
    October 27, 2015 6:13 PM EDT

nice

• 133 posts
    October 27, 2015 6:32 PM EDT
    I used to be in the empire, then I saw the stormcloak cause more just and more suited to my own beliefs in real life.
    • 133 posts
    October 27, 2015 6:33 PM EDT
    Stormcloaks forever!!
    • 393 posts
    October 28, 2015 7:05 AM EDT

When I just playing, I liked the Empire and thought they were the good guys, but after some time playing and reading the Lore I turned into a raging Talos hater and Thalmor supporter.