Forums » Elder Scrolls

Some things that need to discuss

• 168 posts
    October 13, 2015 3:46 PM EDT

1) Who rules Skyrim? (personally I believe even if the Stormcloaks win the war, by the time the next game comes, Ulfric will be dead and if the Empire were to win, Elisif won't be voted in by the moot to rule. Oh no, she won't). 

2) From my point of view, the Stormcloaks can only win the civil war if they have help from a mythological creature of legend or the Dragonborn. Because by extension, the Empire would have already won, had Alduin not appeared.

3) What the hell happened to the Knights of the Nine?

4) If the Empire loses the civil war, would it be beneficial to keep sending troops to reclaim Skyrim? Or simply let them go? Dialog between Galmar and Ulfric suggests they tried to get High Rock on their side and they didn’t answer, so could they be faced with Empire soldiers on both fronts?

5) If the Empire is as "weak" and "dead" as some would have us to believe, why have the Dominion not swooped in for the final killing blow? Instead they instigate discord within the Empire ranks by using parties. 

6) If all decisions made are canon, then Paarthurnax is dead, meaning the dragons will only listen to the Dragonborn and thus giving them a reason to leave (he had to lead the dragons away from the mainland). With the Dragonborn gone, does the other side use this to their advantage and swoop in to retake Skyrim? 

7) Speaking of canon, since some people believe that the Dragonborn is a male Nord warrior based only on the fact there is a male Nord warrior Dragonborn as the flagship mascot for Skyrim, does that also mean he is a vampire? Since that same Nord is depicted with glowing eyes in the Dawnguard DLC? This could mean no matter which side wins, it's perpetual darkness within Skyrim, which can't be good for crops.

8) The Great Collapse destroyed Winterhold 79 years ago. Why didn't anyone conjure up a hammer and fix that shit?

9) Anyone know what happens to prisoners of war? Imperials could be sent back to Cyrodiil, but Stormcloaks? You'd have to kill them to keep them from attacking you again, wouldn't you? 

10) Who has the Elder Scrolls? Are they accessible to either faction? How does this change the outcome of the war? 

11) How mad would you be to find out in the next game, the civil war is still going on? 

12) Does your adopted son or daughter inherit your title as Thane(s) along with your lands and riches when you disappear? Could this mean that after the Dragonborn inevitably leaves, he/she is leaving behind an heir with a ton of mythical artifacts, Daedric weaponry and armor and such fighting for a specific faction?

13) Anyone else other than me KINDA wish ESO was the second Great War?  I just really wish the story would progress already. It's been almost 5 years!!!

• 1441 posts
    October 13, 2015 3:50 PM EDT

Considering a good portion of the land fell into the ocean, it would be heard to fix Winterhold

• October 14, 2015 10:34 PM EDT

1) Who rules Skyrim?

I do not know.

2) From my point of view, the Stormcloaks can only win the civil war if they have help from a mythological creature of legend or the Dragonborn. Because by extension, the Empire would have already won, had Alduin not appeared.

I concur. Ulfric was, after all, captured and set for a beheading.

3) What the hell happened to the Knights of the Nine?

"You mean Eight? Do you have something to confess?" Friendly Neighborhold Thalmor Justiciar

4) If the Empire loses the civil war, would it be beneficial to keep sending troops to reclaim Skyrim? Or simply let them go? Dialog between Galmar and Ulfric suggests they tried to get High Rock on their side and they didn’t answer, so could they be faced with Empire soldiers on both fronts?

The Empire is using Skyrim's citizens to fight the war, and High Rock's ignoring of Ulfric is not a declaration of support for the Empire, not that Ulfric and his ilk would care about such nuances. Furthermore, the Reach would make it difficult to invade Skyrim and the coast of Skyrim does not look like a place fit for a naval assault.

5) If the Empire is as "weak" and "dead" as some would have us to believe, why have the Dominion not swooped in for the final killing blow? Instead they instigate discord within the Empire ranks by using parties.

Consider the sources.

6) If all decisions made are canon, then Paarthurnax is dead, meaning the dragons will only listen to the Dragonborn and thus giving them a reason to leave (he had to lead the dragons away from the mainland). With the Dragonborn gone, does the other side use this to their advantage and swoop in to retake Skyrim?

I cannot ascertain what Bethesda will do with the lore and therefore lack the confidence in questioning who would do what.

7) Speaking of canon, since some people believe that the Dragonborn is a male Nord warrior based only on the fact there is a male Nord warrior Dragonborn as the flagship mascot for Skyrim, does that also mean he is a vampire? Since that same Nord is depicted with glowing eyes in the Dawnguard DLC? This could mean no matter which side wins, it's perpetual darkness within Skyrim, which can't be good for crops.

Some people also believe in magic.

8) The Great Collapse destroyed Winterhold 79 years ago. Why didn't anyone conjure up a hammer and fix that shit?

A lot of Winterhold went into the sea, and using magic to fix what is believed by the inhabitants to have been caused by magic?

9) Anyone know what happens to prisoners of war? Imperials could be sent back to Cyrodiil, but Stormcloaks? You'd have to kill them to keep them from attacking you again, wouldn't you?

Perhaps, for the first question. The second question, I am not sure but the Imperials are not in the mood for negotiations with terrorists... or are they? I am not sure how to answer the third question.

10) Who has the Elder Scrolls? Are they accessible to either faction? How does this change the outcome of the war?

What? Anyway, would not those things be determined by the player?

11) How mad would you be to find out in the next game, the civil war is still going on?

It would depend on how it is handled, and that very well may happen as neither side drives the other out.

12) Does your adopted son or daughter inherit your title as Thane(s) along with your lands and riches when you disappear? Could this mean that after the Dragonborn inevitably leaves, he/she is leaving behind an heir with a ton of mythical artifacts, Daedric weaponry and armor and such fighting for a specific faction?

Assuming Bethesda makes adopted children canon?

• 1 posts
    January 8, 2016 8:24 AM EST
    It would be more beneficial for mankind if the civil war was won by the empire.
    • 9 posts
    January 12, 2016 4:23 AM EST

When it comes to the civil war, my opinion is that the imperials will win overall because the Stormcloaks, even with the Imperials stretched as thin as they are, are just a small rebel faction compared to the Imperials. Overall, in the next Elder Scrolls game, Imperials will have one the war unless like you said, they were helped by some divine being or the Dragonborn. Having said that, the Redguards were able to gain control of Hammerfell after the  Dominion took it over, which leads me on to another point, if the Imperials did win, it would just leave them vulnerable from an attack by the Dominion. I know the Imperials and the last of the remaining Stormcloaks could join forces to fight them but the thing you are forgetting is that the Dominion will have Tullies silently assassinated and with both him and Ulfric dea, there is no chance any troops can be organised and lead into battle effectively.